Celtic Thread

SPL = Two horse race

EPL = Two horse race

Truth hurts. The English Premier League (which is of a better standard than the SPL, so what!?!) is the most tragically overrated and overexposed in the world, with two teams competing for the title every year(WOW). Very few of the worlds top players play there IMO because it is technically inferior to Serie A and Primera Liga.

Maybe you should have a look at your own top division before picking on anyone else ;)

ninjabreakz said:
You answered my question yourself! This is why the SPL should merge with the EPL. So Rangers fans actually get to see their team play some competitive matches! Come on, does it get boring just waiting for the Celtic fixture year-in, year-out . . .

No. And I bet Celtic fans aren't bored waiting either.

ninjabreakz said:
By the way:

Rangers 0 - 1 Manchester United
Manchester United 3 - 0 Rangers.

Wowwee. You beat Scotland's 2nd best team. I bet you feel great with such an achievement. Come back when you win it this season.

ninjabreakz said:
Just goes to show who is better equipped in the Champions League.

Just goes to show who's £70m in debt and who can still afford to buy Saha.

ninjabreakz said:
What is the the big fixture this weekend in the amazing SPL? Rangers V Partick (example) ? Oooooooooooooooh, I won`t be able to sleep tonight . . . .
8)

It was Aberdeen vs Rangers. And look at that! :shock: One of those rare shock results! *gasps* It finished 1-1!

EssDub said:
SPL = Two horse race

EPL = Two horse race

Truth hurts. The English Premier League (which is of a better standard than the SPL, so what!?!) is the most tragically overrated and overexposed in the world, with two teams competing for the title every year(WOW). Very few of the worlds top players play there IMO because it is technically inferior to Serie A and Primera Liga.

Maybe you should have a look at your own top division before picking on anyone else ;)

You are fulla shite. What about Chelsea? You monkey. EVERY year the SPL is the same, and you are all shite scared in case you got put in a league with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, L`pool, Newcastle etc - Rangers and Celtic wouldn`t win f*ck all if this was the case. As for not having top players from around the world - ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Henry, Van Nistlerooy, Vieria, Keane, Crespo, Giggs, Pires, Howard, Owen, Gerrard, Scholes etc etc etc. What about the SPL - erm, Hartson, Mols . . . LMAO

ninjabreakz said:
You are fulla shite. <snip> ...and you are all shite scared in case you got put in a league with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, L`pool, Newcastle etc...

Yes, you're right. Look how scared we are. In fact, we're so scared, that we're actively trying to apply to play in the same league as those teams. :roll:

The only thing stopping us is the Nationwide League teams and UEFA.

Now who's "fulla shite?"

EPL, definitely a 3 horse rase, dont write off chelsea dude.

Scottish teams really are not that good. The league is a toy town league. Players like Henrik Larsson are not doing it at the highest level. Well, not consistenly enough. A mid table english team could beat the scottish champions.

SulphuricX said:

Scottish teams really are not that good. The league is a toy town league. Players like Henrik Larsson are not doing it at the highest level. Well, not consistenly enough. A mid table english team could beat the scottish champions.

Well put SulphuricX

SulphuricX said:

You mean a mid table team like Liverpool or Blackburn maybe? that couldnt beat the scottish runners up?

ninjabreakz said:
You are fulla shite. What about Chelsea? You monkey. EVERY year the SPL is the same, and you are all shite scared in case you got put in a league with United, Arsenal, Chelsea, L`pool, Newcastle etc - Rangers and Celtic wouldn`t win f*ck all if this was the case. As for not having top players from around the world - ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Henry, Van Nistlerooy, Vieria, Keane, Crespo, Giggs, Pires, Howard, Owen, Gerrard, Scholes etc etc etc. What about the SPL - erm, Hartson, Mols . . . LMAO

Now monkey what about Chelsea? Every year the EPL is the same Arsenal or Man Utd win the league wow, Chelsea are spending tens of millions to finish 3rd. Maybe in a season or two it will be different

Just like foxtrot says we have been actively trying to get in to the EPL, but all of the clubs in there voted against this. Surely this is "shite scared"

Now when I was talking about world class players I said very few not none. Tim Howard is nowhere near worldclass he has had a good half season hardly legendary stuff.

Oh dear. Tim Howard is ranked 3rd best goalkeeper in the world at the moment (Buffon and someone else above him). Do you feel a bit silly now?

ninjabreakz said:
Oh dear. Tim Howard is ranked 3rd best goalkeeper in the world at the moment (Buffon and someone else above him). Do you feel a bit silly now?

By who? you? not by uefa or fifa! where do you get your information, He did not even win the best in the MLS 2002/2003

Who feels silly now ;)

EssDub said:
ninjabreakz said:

By who? you? not by uefa or fifa! where do you get your information, He did not even win the best in the MLS 2002/2003

Who feels silly now ;)

Hold on and I`ll find the rankings table - anyway, you shouldn`t say such stupid things like "There are not many world class players in the Premiership" If I posted that as a new thread, you would get some harsh critics, mate.

ninjabreakz said:
anyway, you shouldn`t say such stupid things like "There are not many world class players in the Premiership" If I posted that as a new thread, you would get some harsh critics, mate.

Fair play mate, maybe I should'nt have said that, but then again maybe you should'nt come in here and express your hate for the scottish leagues for no good reason, you might have some harsh critics for that.

Anyway good luck against the human submarines that are Porto :)

super mick mcarthy wrote:
Howards better than any keeper in the scottish league put it that way

I think you're wrong. I think Stefan Klos is better.

I await your reply. I can't wait to hear this.

i think your'e wrong. i think stefan klos is worse.

i await your reply. i cant wait to hear this

super mick mcarthy said:
i think your'e wrong. i think stefan klos is worse.

i await your reply. i cant wait to hear this

I was hoping you'd elaborate as to why and start a debate about who is better but since you can't conjure up a decent enough argument as to why Tim Howard is better than Stefan Klos then fair enough.

I'd also like to know how you can come up with a decent comparison.

babieboxing.jpg

dont watch scottish footy to be honest like, but i would put anything on Howard being the better keeper / on better form at the moment
maybes if Klos came to the premiership and was up against quality week in week out like Howard?

Klos is unbelievable. He makes saves you can't imagine. If it wasn't for him, Rangers would easily be 4th or 5th in the league this season and our Champions League results would be more embarrassing.

Yesterday for example, I watched Aberdeen vs Rangers on Setanta (cost me bloody £8 too). We were pounded for about 70mins. Attack after attack came and Klos was there on no less than 5 occasions to get us out of jail. We would have been lucky with a 1-0 defeat let alone the 1-1 we got.

I can think of only one bad game he's had this season and that was against Panathinaikos at Ibrox where he let in a 35 yard howler.

He's much better than the excuse that is 'Jens Lehmann' anyway and really deserves to be in the German national squad.

Klos would have been great in the Premiership. He's too old to go now but he's won the Champions League with Dortmund and had a great career.

While there may be debate as to who is better, he certainly rivals Howard and it's unfair to look down at him just because he plays in the SPL.

EssDub said:
ninjabreakz said:
anyway, you shouldn`t say such stupid things like "There are not many world class players in the Premiership" If I posted that as a new thread, you would get some harsh critics, mate.

Fair play mate, maybe I should'nt have said that, but then again maybe you should'nt come in here and express your hate for the scottish leagues for no good reason, you might have some harsh critics for that.

Anyway good luck against the human submarines that are Porto :)

OK, I see your point. After all, you`ve got to stick up for your country`s league etc. Lets agree to disagree, mate. :D

Nice one Proximus. :mrgreen:

Anyway 2 laughs (if you don't count a Sunderland fan having a Liverpool player as his avatar :l ).

No. 1 - Again some dimwit says Larsson hasn't done it at the top level. I'll not bother going on, obviously doesn't watch European or World football.

next.

No. 2 - Albeit Howard looks a great keeper he's still not better for Klos for me and Klos has the medals to prove it. Guy is unbelievable and can't be that far behind Goram (Best goalie in Britain since Southall) and both playing/played for the currant buns. :mrgreen: ;)

Ainslm - Tevez for Celtic? Sniffing his boxers again, obviously had a lethal whiff as he never turned up on Saturday. Get well soon mate.

FD

Klos is class, but Howard is unbelievable at United - I`m not being bias, we have had some shite `Keepers (Barthez, Taibi etc) but Timmy has made some AMAZING stops this season - he is our best signing by far . . . . .

Typical english reaction to the SPL. Yes its pish and boring but to say an english mid table team could beat celtic or rangers is a bit silly, of course they would but we would also have just as good a chance beating them.

I love it we get headlines last year such as men against boys after the blackburn first leg or the reaction of the english media after the liverpool first leg. Celtic went on to prove their point by beating them convincingly on both occasions on their home patch.

Going back even further to the rangers leeds match in 92 (i think) again leeds were to run over the top of the inferior scottish opposition. Rangers pumped them.

What people seem to forget is that celtic and rangers can raise their game and if one day we were allowed to play in the premiership we would both be challenging near the top end after a few years and ask yourself why that is.

parkhead 60,000
ibrox 51,000 (i think)

every second week plus both have substantial travelling support. The football world is changing and like it or lump it it revolves around money and more importantly tv money so if sky decide that they might like to see celtic and rangers play in there then it will happen.

how many premiership teams have 60,000 & 51,000 seater stadiums. If we were both in the premiership then we would be getting the huge tv sums that the likes of charlton, wolves and southampton get (so called smaller teams) and we would attract world stars as well

Football is ruled now by tv money and uefa and fifa would sell their souls if they thought they could add extra zeros to tv deals as an example to this ask why that wee twat blater want the world clum championship back every 2 years and why he wants the world cup every two years. Also look at the way fifa are selling the tv rights to the next world cup and you will see how tv controls football.

I think i have made so fair points here so chill out and don't come back with some english scottish pish.

No one's arguing it's night and day compared to the SPL but I have to laugh at the boy saying the EPL isn't a 2 horse race :mrgreen:. Same boy who said Larsson hasn't done it at the highest level I see :roll:.

Also Ninjabreakz, why would Hartson be left as the main man? He's not been in the team for a lot of this season :eh:. Tim Howard the third best goalkeeper in the world? What glue are you sniffing, I want some. Remember Henry's free-kick in the Charity Shield (or whatever it's called now), and against Southampton he got caught underneath a basic punt which he had ages to set himself for, and he flapped like a nutter on a cross as well. He's a good keeper but nowhere near '3rd in the world' good.

Then you've got the other guy saying he thinks Stefan Klos is worse before promptly giving it "dont watch scottish footy to be honest like, but i would put anything on Howard being the better keeper / on better form at the moment". So that'll be mince then :roll:.

Back to Celtic matters:

Quite funny some of the comments about Petrov on Saturday, "he was being clever", "he was cute", etc. None mention Stuart Duff never touched the ball however, and none say he dived, just that he waited for contact. Well then I'd say that's a penalty, can't see what the fuss is about!

SIGNS YOU'VE BEEN IN GLASGOW TOO LONG

1. You say 'pish' all the time.

2. You say 'aye' all the time.

3. You end sentences with 'like' i.e. 'I'm no goin' there, like, it's pish'.

4. You think McEwans beer is great, ignoring the fact it 'tastes of pish like'.

5. You get an urge to punch everybody you meet.

6. You punch everybody you meet.

7. You get drunk before, after and during punching everybody you meet..

8. You are incomprehensible.

9. People seem to be scared of you when you say where you are from.

10. You automatically get the urge to kill on hearing the words 'Edinburgh' or 'England'.

11. You have heart disease aged 26 due to all deep-fried pizzas you have consumed since birth.

12. You don't wash.

ninjabreakz said:
SIGNS YOU'VE BEEN IN GLASGOW TOO LONG

1. You say 'pish' all the time.

2. You say 'aye' all the time.

3. You end sentences with 'like' i.e. 'I'm no goin' there, like, it's pish'.

4. You think McEwans beer is great, ignoring the fact it 'tastes of pish like'.

5. You get an urge to punch everybody you meet.

6. You punch everybody you meet.

7. You get drunk before, after and during punching everybody you meet..

8. You are incomprehensible.

9. People seem to be scared of you when you say where you are from.

10. You automatically get the urge to kill on hearing the words 'Edinburgh' or 'England'.

11. You have heart disease aged 26 due to all deep-fried pizzas you have consumed since birth.

12. You don't wash.

MODS??????????????

He did one in the Man Utd thread as well, guess it's only a bit of banter, not too bothered as long as it's a one-off. Maybe he should do a 'SIGNS YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE PC' one for himself.

Back
Top Bottom