Celtic Thread

No he conveniently announced he had a pelvic injury which would keep him out a couple of months a day or so after signing, completely out of the blue.

Celtic have announced Magnus Hedman is on loan to Serie A side Ancona for the rest of the season. They have also announced that they are having a look at two players on trial, Danny Milosevic, a 25 year old ex-Leeds GK, and Jamil Walker, a 22 year old American striker formerly of San Jose Earthquakes - never heard of him. Meant to be a whippet, all I know is he's wee, black and has an earring :mrgreen:.

The news keeps getting better for us, Celtic get rid of Guppy, Hedman (albeit for a wee while) and Rangers sign Franky De Boer.......oh fkn happy days!!! :mrgreen:

FD

gers04_05.jpg

faserjones.jpg

:mrgreen:

^^ Good stuff. :mrgreen:

Journalist Gabrielle Marcotti, has put the boot into Rangers' new recruit Frank de Boer.

Marcotti scorned that, having watched the Dutch defender both at Barcelona and at Galatasaray, he was “very much looking forward to seeing Frank De Boer trying to cope with Henrik Larsson.”

:mrgreen:

Marcotti is an arsehole though, he is forever slagging off Celtic on Talk Radio, I listen to it all the time.

He is right about De Boer though, I think he's mince personally.

Celtic supposedly got a near 1m euro bid turned down for Spanish goalie Mora.

FD

Never listen enough to hear that, only time I catch him is on Eurosport sometimes, he seems ok but perhaps a bit naive in his views.

I don't think I need to say much to support the argument that it should be Larsson and Sutton, and not Hartson up front after Saturday. We played much better, especially Henke, who was as good as I've seen him in a while.

Wonder if Moncs will be on here to try and defend his team this time. Why was Hartley only booked for his elbow on Lennon, surely it's a red card or else nothing, unless an elbow only means a booking nowadays? He says he didn't mean it, he was looking at Lennon and not the ball when he made the challenge.

Sorry but I hope somebody breaks Andy Webster's legs, both of them, in multiple places. This prick did Agathe as I'm sure Celtic fans will remember and on Saturday he tried to break Larsson's knee in two, completely ignored the ball and booted it instead. Webster and Stamp had about 4 fouls each after both were booked, how they stayed on I'll never know.

Larsson's pass for the first was sublime, and the entire move for the second was immense.

P.S. can't believe how mince Rangers are after yesterday's game, and the penalty decision was a joke - Ross did the exact same in the first half off the ball and no free-kick was given.

Your right Classic I will be here.

Celtic outplayed us and deserved to win, we were a shambles from start to finish and a usual our tactics against the OF were a joke, all we had to do is take a note from Hibs and we would have given you a decent game.

The second goal was a joy to watch (well, not at the time :shock: )

As for the sending offs, again I can;t complain the referee called them both correct, although Im surprised that Hartley stayed on for the elbow. Still its not the first time an OF player has got away with an elbow now is it?? Hartson, Ricksen.. etc

As for Webster, one mistimed tackle in a game does not make him a dirty player, Larsson was just to quick for him, and to say 'I hope somebody breaks Andy Webster's legs, both of them, in multiple places.' is a fu**ing disgrace and you should be thrown off this forum for saying things like that.

The thing that I laugh at is Moanie O'Neil saying he does not understand why Lennon gets all the abuse....Think of this
Leaps two footed into challenges, has no idea of sportsmanship, winds up opposition fans with remarks and gestures, hacks, trips, has a mouth the size of the Mersey tunnel, is overly aggressive, throws puches and elbows with more tenacity than Mike Tyson, and has regularly brought the game of football into serious disrepute with comments that, for anyone other than a poor we 'tic man, would have brought at least a cesure from the governing body.

There is no doubting he could actually be a great player, and I can name a number of Sceptic players I have enjoyed watching over the years, but he'll always fall into the category of a thug who gets what he deserves.

The guy is a pr**k and gets what he deserves!! however unlike you I dont wish he broke both his legs in multiple places.

All this nonsense about Rangers being Dad's Army is quite annoying. It's such a lame attempt to take the piss.

Mikel Arteta
Michael Ball
Zurab Khizanishvili
Chris Burke
Hamed Namouchi
Fernando Ricksen
Peter Lovenkrands
Stephen Hughes
Maurice Ross
Gavin Rae
Robert Malcolm

All of them are under 28 and then there's Boumsong coming at the end of the season. They're not exactly past it.
Yes there are older players but they don't all make up the first eleven.

Are you sure Boumsong is coming? That would be great for them in the next CL campaign, they are obviosuly going to be in it, because they will finish 2nd.

SulphuricX said:
Are you sure Boumsong is coming? That would be great for them in the next CL campaign, they are obviosuly going to be in it, because they will finish 2nd.

Oh aye he's definitely coming. See Here.

A great signing he'll be too. Finally, someone decent to play alongside Craig Moore. I doubt he'll be here for the entire length of his 5 year contract. He's made it clear that he's using us as a stepping stone to the Premiership. Fair enough. Means he'll have to play out his skin to impress the managers down south.

Moncs said:
As for Webster, one mistimed tackle in a game does not make him a dirty player, Larsson was just to quick for him, and to say 'I hope somebody breaks Andy Webster's legs, both of them, in multiple places.' is a fu**ing disgrace and you should be thrown off this forum for saying things like that.
I already said - it wasn't mistimed, he completely ignored the ball and aimed his kick at Larsson's knee. He put Agathe out for months with a horrendous 'tackle', again at knee level, and truth be told Agathe hasn't been quite as the same player as he was before - mentally I mean, I think he's feart of being done again, although he has grown better over time and is looking more like he's willing to run at people again.

Moncs said:
The thing that I laugh at is Moanie O'Neil saying he does not understand why Lennon gets all the abuse....Think of this
Leaps two footed into challenges, has no idea of sportsmanship, winds up opposition fans with remarks and gestures, hacks, trips, has a mouth the size of the Mersey tunnel, is overly aggressive, throws puches and elbows with more tenacity than Mike Tyson, and has regularly brought the game of football into serious disrepute with comments that, for anyone other than a poor we 'tic man, would have brought at least a cesure from the governing body.

There is no doubting he could actually be a great player, and I can name a number of Sceptic players I have enjoyed watching over the years, but he'll always fall into the category of a thug who gets what he deserves.

The guy is a pr**k and gets what he deserves!! however unlike you I dont wish he broke both his legs in multiple places.

Leaps into two-footed challenges and is overly aggressive? When was the last time Lennon was sent off? I think it was the cup final last year, hold on - that's the only time he's ever been sent off for Celtic :roll:. Lennon's been booked twice in ALL games this season, oh that's right, just twice, and the second of those came on Saturday for nothing - he booked Stamp for pushing Lennon in a mini-square up so he decided to book Lennon at the same time, despite the fact he didn't do anything. :roll:

I also cannot remember him EVER throwing elbows or punches, I'd like to see what you mean here. He has a big mouth yes, he winds other players up, but that's part of the game - it doesn't give every non-Celtic fan in Scotland the right to boo him. The only time he made a gesture to fans that I remember was at Dens Park, and while this was daft, it was in response to the fans chants, so it can't be used as a reason for the fans chanting in the first place.

What comments has he made that have brought the game into serious disrepute? :eh:

I know why it's done at Tynecastle to an extent, there are sections of your support who would fit right in with some sections at Ibrox, and probably do. But other teams' fans just think because he gets sectarian abuse at Ibrox that they have a god given right to single him out at every ground. It's pathetic that these clubs have nothing better in their season to aim for than booing Neil Lennon.

Foxtrot to be fair Burke, Rae, Hughes and Namouchi haven't seen much first-team starts compared to others (I know Burke and Rae are injured), and you can't seriously be listing Bob Malcolm as a football player? ;) It's more the people you are bringing in that are making you the target of ridicule, de Boer, Capucho, Ostenstad, Vanoli, Emerson, Henning Berg FFS. Rangers are bringing in people who are clearly past their prime, and this is known before they even sign?

Moncs said:
........ and to say 'I hope somebody breaks Andy Webster's legs, both of them, in multiple places.' is a fu**ing disgrace and you should be thrown off this forum for saying things like that.

:mrgreen: hahaha, have you actually read some other sections of this forum? We'd have about 2 members.

As for Lennon, as CD already said I can't for the life of me remember throwing punches leaping in 2 footed, he got sent off against Rangers last year for bringing down Caniggia (I'm sure) at the half way line. Not sure if you can re-call our memories to such terrible tackles. And I can only remember him giving something back to the Dens Park fans, and It's Only An Excuse perfected that incident on their show.

FD

ClassicD said:
Foxtrot to be fair Burke, Rae, Hughes and Namouchi haven't seen much first-team starts compared to others (I know Burke and Rae are injured), and you can't seriously be listing Bob Malcolm as a football player? ;) It's more the people you are bringing in that are making you the target of ridicule, de Boer, Capucho, Ostenstad, Vanoli, Emerson, Henning Berg FFS. Rangers are bringing in people who are clearly past their prime, and this is known before they even sign?

Namouchi is just coming through from the under-19 team and has made a good impression in the first team. He could be a regular before long. I'd rather he played than Capucho. Hughes is also injured. Though when he plays, he plays his heart out.

Berg has been solid this season.
Emerson won't be here much longer.
Ostenstad can still run, but then that's about it.
Capucho is going.
Vanoli hasn't been bad. One blunder against Dunfermline. The guy can't speak English so I'll let him away with it.
Frank de Boer has only played twice. Give him a chance.

I'll have to disagree on Vanoli, he's not impressed me and Berg hasn't either. Frank de Boer was never a world class defender, just a good one at times, but he's finished now I think, he's been mince everytime I've seen Galatasaray in the CL this year and didn't look clever at all against Scotland, and that is really saying something. Already he's sold a goal and missed a penalty ;).

I've never rated F.De Boer, think he's woeful at the back. Have to disagree with you with Berg CD, he has been impressive for me, even in the bigger games i.e. old firm/CL.

Anyway, seems we got a bye to the semi's. :mrgreen:

FD

Really can't see us signing Tevez, werent Munich quoted about £11m for him a month or two ago?

Last one I heard was Emile Mpenza from Standard Liege for £1.5m but Werder Bremen are also trying to sign him

Listen, the days of paying out megabucks for players are gone for us now - by the board's logic we have to reach the UEFA Cup final every year to break even, which of course we all know is BS, but that's what they are trying to tell us. We'll not spend millions anymore, because Rangers are in a state and realistically if the Celtic team stays together for a year or two more (bar Larsson) then they won't be able to strengthen to match us, IMO.

Using this theory we'll be in the 1st phase of the CL every year via the Championship, and that suits the board fine, anything else is a bonus.

Tevez is real silly talk, you're talking £10m+ bare minimum - Celtic haven't paid that kind of money when they were willing to spend, nevermind now. MON came out and said he couldn't afford, what was it, £200,000 or something for Canero during the window, and you're talking about Tevez!!!??? :mrgreen:

Tevez talk is madness He is one of the top talents in S.America

I'm sure there will be some money released to buy a new striker. Last year we were in the position of more or less keeping the same squad, IMO that is why the board did not see the need to strengthen. Next season we will have lost Larsson, Crainey, Guppy, Miller and possibly Jamie Smith , Johan Mjallby and only added Pearson to the squad that started the season so some level of re investment will be needed.

Hopefully the board has pre-empted this and saved any available budget for this coming season.

This board are a bunch of numpties - they failed to build on last season's run in Europe and as a result we went out at the group stage again, not to mention this is the same board that bankrolled 'The Dream Team', and the likes of Berkovic, Scheidt, etc. How can they turn round after our best run in Europe in decades, and the merchandise sales that go hand in hand with that, and say we made a loss? We have one of the best wage turnovers in world football - where is the money going? To clear the debt, and make the club as sellable an asset as possible, to hell with the playing side, that's where.

Tell you something, you have a lot of faith in this mob, I certainly don't...

I don't have a lot of faith in the board at all. I'm just trying to be optimistic (misplaced optimism I know ;) ), I think in all probability that with a number of non football staff being paid off that we are having the books tided up for a sale, so that Mr Dickhead Desmond no longer has a controlling interest and can add his 2% share of ManYoo to his Coolmore Muffia chums (to give them over the 30% share needed) and launch a takeover at ManYoo.

I predict that Celtic are gonna tumble when that fat donkey Hartson will be the "main" man. No Martin O`Neil (superb coach) or Larsson (class) the Bhoys will be "down shit creak without a paddle" so to speak. ;)

EssDub said:
ninjabreakz said:
the Bhoys will be "down shit creak without a paddle" so to speak. ;)

Don't you mean " up shit creek without a paddle" so to speak. Just like your team without Ferdinand then ;)

We actually have "ups" and "downs" in our leagues and cups. How times a year do you play Rangers? *yawn* How many times a year does the SPL produce shock results? Its very rare. For example, when Celtic play Hibernian for arguments sake - look at the difference between the sauads. In England, that sort of match would be the equivalent of Manchester United V Stoke City.
Thats the big difference. I hate the Scottish leagues with a passion - bring them down South, then we`ll see who is better!!!!!!!!! (the old argument goes on . . . .) :D

ninjabreakz said:
We actually have "ups" and "downs" in our leagues and cups.

I believe we were on the subject of 'shit creek,' not the Premiership, FA Cup or Carling Cup.

ninjabreakz said:
How times a year do you play Rangers? *yawn*

At least 4. But then, our league is a lot smaller than the Premiership so we have to play each other more to make up the games. A monkey can work that one out ffs.

ninjabreakz said:
How many times a year does the SPL produce shock results? Its very rare. For example, when Celtic play Hibernian for arguments sake - look at the difference between the sauads. In England, that sort of match would be the equivalent of Manchester United V Stoke City.

More like Manchester United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers... or Middlesbrough.

ninjabreakz said:
I hate the Scottish leagues with a passion.

The Scottish leagues hate you. GIRUY. :D

At least 4. But then, our league is a lot smaller than the Premiership so we have to play each other more to make up the games. A monkey can work that one out ffs.

You answered my question yourself! This is why the SPL should merge with the EPL. So Rangers fans actually get to see their team play some competitive matches! Come on, does it get boring just waiting for the Celtic fixture year-in, year-out . . .
The truth hurts. The fact that your "big" clubs like Rangers and Celtic play in a farcical league.

By the way:

Rangers 0 - 1 Manchester United
Manchester United 3 - 0 Rangers.

Just goes to show who is better equipped in the Champions League.
What is the the big fixture this weekend in the amazing SPL? Rangers V Partick (example) ? Oooooooooooooooh, I won`t be able to sleep tonight . . . .
8)

Back
Top Bottom