Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Single-player and multiplayer are very different. Give it a rental mate :)

Last time I went over my local Blockbuster they weren't renting games for PS3 but that might have changed by now. If they still aren't renting, what other companies do rentals?

Get on multiplayer, stop posting! :) Get earning some XP so you can at least have the red dot aim for a weapon (improves accuracy LOADS!) and get some good perks.

So it's only the assault rifles? I discovered the MP5 last night, got tons of kills using that weapon. Love the accuracy, even without the red dot. Is that an assault rifle? I don't think it allows a scope from the challenge list :(

im gonna try a new weapon tonight

although my first time ever with the Acog scope on the M16 resulted in my biggest killing spree ever last night :)

I was using the MP5 for ages, tried the short-burst weapons and I was fucked, just couldn't adjust. But I unlocked a light machine gun, tried that, and I think it's ten times better, really rips through people so you only have to get a bullet into them a few times.

Only unlocked the red dot sights so far though, no ACOG scope. Whatever the hell that is.

There is one gun that takes forever to reload, I cant remember what its called.

That perk is very handy but I'm not going anywhere that gun anymore.

There is one gun that takes forever to reload, I cant remember what its called.

Yeah I used that before the MP5. Takes FOREVER to reload but it had a high magazine capacity and you hardly need to reload.

I ran out of bullets last night in numerous games, which has never happened to me before in COD4. Strange it kept happening in the same night!

So what do people think is the best gun then? I did research on this a few days ago and I found loads of people saying that the very first gun is the best, but it's short-burst and I hate it.

My favourites are the ones that might not have great range but kill within a few bullets - rather than having to stand there for half an hour shooting the guy before he dies (or kills you).

M16 is pretty good yep. I'm loving the MP5 though.

Sounds like you might like the Uzi, Jack. I unlocked that and tried it, not the best range but RAPID firing rate and has a great little kick to it.

I agree with what you said last night, it's annoying as hell to pump someone full of bullets and yet they don't die and they kill you with one shot. I want to minimise that as much as possible, because it's what put me off Battlefield.

Another way I've improved my game drastically is not to leg it around everywhere. I've said before I hate camping, but sprinting around on this game makes you an easy target as you can run past someone, they shoot at you and then you run into someone else (meanwhile everyone now sees your dot on the radar because you're shooting, so they home in on you).

I've found I don't run much now, maybe stay by a window for a little bit, before creeping around corners etc. I think my UAV jammer seems to work, not sure entirely though. But creeping around is much better for me, maybe because I'm more suited to a R6 style of play than Halo.

Another way I've improved my game drastically is not to leg it around everywhere. I've said before I hate camping, but sprinting around on this game makes you an easy target as you can run past someone, they shoot at you and then you run into someone else (meanwhile everyone now sees your dot on the radar because you're shooting, so they home in on you).

I've found I don't run much now, maybe stay by a window for a little bit, before creeping around corners etc. I think my UAV jammer seems to work, not sure entirely though. But creeping around is much better for me, maybe because I'm more suited to a R6 style of play than Halo.

Same here mate. I got a 14 kill streak by laying low in bushes

Game is great

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm on the last level now, someone tell me if it is.

Spoilers coming if you ahven't played the game...

The two missiles go off in Russia, then they go underground, first into vents and then down to the ground, is the the last level?

Yopee, I finished it and it has to be the best XBox360 offline single player game for me yet. I'm not a fan of "aliens" so to speak, so I enjoyed GOW, but this was better. I played it on Casual I think, so might play it again, but as you can see from my sig, I have a lot of games to catch up on :p

I have never enjoyed FPS, but finally playing COD4 on my PS3. WOW, that game just soaks you in. I suck at this game big time too! Ha.

Still, I am enjoying it. I am playing on normal difficulty and it is loads of fun. Once I make up my mind on whether I want to keep my PS3 or return it, assuming this game doesn't lose my interest like games of the past, I definitely want to try this game out online.

Last edited:
So it's only the assault rifles? I discovered the MP5 last night, got tons of kills using that weapon. Love the accuracy, even without the red dot. Is that an assault rifle? I don't think it allows a scope from the challenge list :(

An MP5 is a "submachine gun", an assault rifle is something like M15, AK47, M4 carbine etc. etc. An MP5 is a submachine gun because it fires a pistol round, whereas assault rifles have their own specific round of a much higher velocity, stopping power of assault rifles is significantly higher than submachine guns :)

Completed it on normal. I wish they had co-op campaign because I would prefer to do that on the hardest difficulty :)

any one answer me, I heard the game is about killing muslims and

I want to know that its true or not..??

in UAE the game was stopped selling in big shops like city centre..!!

please any one confirm the news about muslims..??

Religion doesn't come into it mate. It's set in the middle-east, that's as far as it goes.

Has anyone tried the plane level on the hardest setting?

I cant even make it to the stairs!!!

Back
Top Bottom