Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

I played a TD today and when the group got split my team was up against dudes who had ranks of 40+ (we were all between 10 n 20) but when the match started it was us 5 against 1, the others dropped out.

The lonely soldier put up a brave fight.

:lol:

What's this XBL Fire Weekend this weekend? It's showing on the COD4 message of the day and mentions free marketplace downloads?

Just finished the game on the hardest setting. Nice ending. I think I'm going to give it a last shot online before I exchange it for Mass Effect next week.

I love this game online and offline. I pretty far on the hardest difficulty!

online is great but for some reason I keep getting connection problems. very annoying when winning multi-players games.

I find the graphics are very good, probably the best I've seen in an FPS game. Haven't played Chrysis but that doesn't interest me too much. So yea, COD4 for best FPS graphics for me :)

You guys will always find something to moan about! ;)

This game is the dogs bollocks - I love it.

The only problem I have with CoD4 is the bullshit scripting,infinitely spawning enemies and N64 era trigger points.

Online is certainly the most entertaining online shooter I have played in a long time. Is the patch out yet? It looked like it would fix a few niggling issues. Spawning could be looked at maybe but I wouldn't be able to offer a viable solution.

Is it normal not to have split-screen 2 player? As in to play mission mode?

That is dissapointing :(

The only problem I have with CoD4 is the bullshit scripting,infinitely spawning enemies and N64 era trigger points.

Online is certainly the most entertaining online shooter I have played in a long time. Is the patch out yet? It looked like it would fix a few niggling issues. Spawning could be looked at maybe but I wouldn't be able to offer a viable solution.

Yeah spawning is definately the worst part. If that was fixed up, it'd be more than excellent. The online game is amazing, it has that "one more go" feel to it :)

Infinity Ward is planning to patch Call of Duty 4 for Xbox 360 in the relatively near future to take care of various online issues.

Speaking on the game's official forum, IW's community relations manager explained that the update will optimise things like match-making and host-selection, among other tweaks.

These include the addition of host-migration, so if the host leaves a game it automatically chooses the next best host, as well as a new control scheme, improved network performance in 18-player games and other tweaks detailed on the thread.

Elsewhere, IW said that a separate update will solve an issue relating to corrupt profiles.

Neither update has a deployment date, but we'll let you know when they're out there.

Not that their absence seems to be doing Call of Duty 4 much harm. It's top of the UK sales charts, and Major Nelson's latest Live activity charts reveal that it is now second only to Halo 3 in terms of popularity, displacing Gears of War.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87830

This is wrong, just wrong. Two nights on the run I've had normal dreams ... then I start dreaming about playing COD4 multiplayer and tactics I can use. Wrong, very. :(

Seems like COD4 is becoming the new Counter Strike with people just camping and not moving. Which pisses me right off because unless you have a sniper rifle, you can't get near them because they just camp at spots where they can see everything. Fucking annoying and really ruins the game.

Also the balancing is screwed because it'll make a team of people ranked 50+ and do another team, same amount of players, with the highest rank being 20 and lowest being 0. Which makes is awfully difficult for the people without the super-charged weaponry that the higher-ranked people have.

COD4 multiplayer is starting to lose it's shine now ...

Last edited by a moderator:
God your like bloody JB cheer up for gods sake.

Sad_Man.jpg

I know you both live in Liverpool but bloody cheer up. I dont think there is a single game that any of you like. :)

Last edited:
God your like bloody JB cheer up for gods sake.

Sad_Man.jpg

I know you both live in Liverpool but bloody cheer up. I dont think there is a single game that any of you like. :)

:lol: nearly choked on my tea when I seen that picture and started laughing :)

The games balancing does not go off of the shown rank, there are hidden algorithms which are used to group similarly skilled players together.

Admittedly the advantage of the extra equipment at the higher levels will offer those players an advantage but being level 50+ does not automatically mean you are better than a level 20 player. The actual rank used for this sort of matchmaking is hidden, or so I have heard.

I am still loving this game! Online is a great laugh! I like finding a place to camp and snipe everyone - it's fun!

Back
Top Bottom