Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Interesting point Holio, seems valid too. I can see why someone would do that, especially on eBay. Bit disappointing really.

Online is awesome but sometimes it takes ages to get a game.

I couldn't get into one game last night - when I eventually got to a game it said "Lobby Closed". What is that about?

Also, I think this is one of the best games on the 360.

Mine hasn't turned up it seems, crap post. Another person who bought theirs at the same time got theirs today but as usual my sorting office is being lazy. Deja Vu? Man, I hate Royal Mail.

I couldn't get into one game last night - when I eventually got to a game it said "Lobby Closed". What is that about?

Also, I think this is one of the best games on the 360.

me neither...also every guy in my list was complaining about it..
i think they had some problems with ranked macthes yesterday.
i could do a private macth however properly...unfortatly that doesnt give u exp points :(

It's defo a problem with their servers - they have stated this in the "Message Of The Day" box (great idea). They are working on it as we speak.

Wow. Only done the boat mission so far but the graphics are lovely, atmosphere is incredible and I'm loving it already!

Edit: Only on the third level or so and it's pissing me right off. My team is a load of bollocks and make no attempt to cover me, nor any attempt to make any headway themselves. We're supposed to be heading to a TV station and even going around a side path, the team follow behind me and sit there firing randomly. Meanwhile the enemy seems to spawn from everywhere and anywhere. Grenades constantly being threw at me and give me 1 second to throw back before I blow up. Pissing me off.

Did it in the end. After realising you can't just keep picking them up until there's none left because they just kept spawning over and over. Died tons of times but it's more like Halo than Ghost Recon, more run-and-gun instead of a more tactical shooter. Still a very good game but I was expecting more like GR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely agree Snoop about the TV station. But thats what its like with American soldiers.... :D ... . the SAS dudes are more strategic and have way better scenarios than the Iraq ones. Im already half way through the game after playing the game for only 3 hours in total :S

Edit: Only on the third level or so and it's pissing me right off. My team is a load of bollocks and make no attempt to cover me, nor any attempt to make any headway themselves.

Ditto.

I really like the game, but I dont find it realistic at all. As soon as I stick my head up, every enemy soldier aims at me.... in real life they wouldnt always focus on just 1 person. Its a little annoying as it removes the whole tactical and covert feeling of the game. The overall atmosphere is great though.

I really like the game, but I dont find it realistic at all. As soon as I stick my head up, every enemy soldier aims at me.... in real life they wouldnt always focus on just 1 person. Its a little annoying as it removes the whole tactical and covert feeling of the game. The overall atmosphere is great though.

Exactly. Just been told to pick up the "javelin" to blow up some tanks, as soon as I get on the roof every man and his dog are shooting at me all of a sudden and I'm not getting any protection.

Good game but I think it might be a bit overhyped. Single-player anyway.

Completely agree Snoop about the TV station. But thats what its like with American soldiers.... :D ... . the SAS dudes are more strategic and have way better scenarios than the Iraq ones. Im already half way through the game after playing the game for only 3 hours in total :S

dont piss me of you! haha :) who do you think trains the SAS :)

UK trains all the SAS and they are the best in the world at what they do along with the Aussie SAS

he who dares rodders, he who dares

UK trains all the SAS and they are the best in the world at what they do along with the Aussie SAS

he who dares rodders, he who dares

well to be honest our countries train each other... and i really dont think one is better then the other, but the Israelis probably put both of our special forces to shame...

Aren't the SAS full of nut heads?

they must be to do what they do

i watched a program on TV and one i saw they dug out a hole and lived in there for a week to Reacon the ememies movement before they attack

the attacks dont last long at all becuase its so well planned, there in and out in minutes

well to be honest our countries train each other... and i really dont think one is better then the other, but the Israelis probably put both of our special forces to shame...

one is definately better than the other

have you seen the SAS selection process?

Then the traning is just pure torture

I'd love to watch some documentarys on the SAS, I should look around Sky more. Or see if there's any on the internet. Fascinating stuff how they move so quickly etc.

I'd love to watch some documentarys on the SAS, I should look around Sky more. Or see if there's any on the internet. Fascinating stuff how they move so quickly etc.

These are the ones that was on TV, i watched others but these ones are brilliant

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/SAS-Sur.../3081eb185296bd92880220b34b29e1fcd47e0d0eb4da

Scenario 1 - Behind enemy lines/Episode - 1
Scenario 1 - Behind enemy lines/Episode - 2
Scenario 2 - Guardians against terror/Episode - 1
Scenario 2 - Guardians against terror/Episode - 2
Scenario 2 - Guardians against terror/Episode - 3
Scenario 3 - Sabre squadron/Episode - 1
Scenario 3 - Sabre squadron/Episode - 2

Back
Top Bottom