Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

LOL at the resolution comment. there is no fix resolution in the pc, you can have a resolution higehr then 1080p for christ sakes. i dont think you have setup your pc properly for your tv mate. its the tv that cant output higher res on your pc, not the pc itself LOL

I'm quite aware it's the PC that sets the resolution mate, I work in IT so if I didn't know that then I'd be in trouble :shock:

But I use my TV as a TV and monitor, I don't have a desire to play PC games on less than a 22" monitor which is just too small as I sit on my couch to play games and use my PC. I know the PC can do resolutions higher than 1080p but not when connected to a HDTV it can't (at least my TV and I think most HDTV's that have VGA only show 1366x1024 or something and my TV struggles at that res).

So playing games which use quality graphics is kinda pointless on my PC/TV. It's good for playing Football Manager while I relax on my couch and that's the whole point of having my PC connected to my TV I guess. When I want to play games, I use a console which runs games better for the most part (due to being optimised for one set of hardware), not having to worry about Windows crashing (I don't use Windows anyway which is another reason I don't play games on my PC.)

And for the record, my PC isn't rubbish either. E6300 with 2Gb of DDR2 6400 and a 7900GS card so it can play games reasonably well.

And having to pay £170 for a graphics card is robbery, I can buy a Wii or a 360 for a few pounds more :) To justify £600 to play games when you can play those same games for £170 is a bit much :)

I think the controls on the 360 are a bit clunky especially the grenade controls, I prefer the controls in Vegas and Gears.
I'm especially annoyed that you can't customize the controls the way you want to as the default layouts are crap.
If I had the choice I'd buy it for the PC.

I've just spent 4 and a half hours with this game and it is awesome, I'm on the Last Act.

:D

The black n white mission is hilarious.

:lol:

Last edited:
Glad I went for the 360 version now, those air strikes, tank rumbles. and shooting wouldn't have been the same. Guess my PS3 remains a blu ray player for now.

What a game by the way, I am playing on hardened, and its relentless. love the enemy movement, so real and life like, and some of the physics are amazing.

I wasn't sure if I'd like this, having never played any of the previous games, but it's outstanding.
The best game I've played on PS3.
Haze and Ass Creed out soon too, at last the PS3 has games worth playing.

You really think so? GRAW never impressed me at all, guess it doesn't help I don't like the gameplay either, prefer realistic current settings rather than future......

Love this game, can't stand any of the GRAWs. I love the idea of them but the controls totally ruined it for me.

Will probably be Monday before I get mine as it didnt come in the post today. So no doubt most of you will be already upgraded and ranked up.

What a great solo mode.

I was amazed by all the situations in this game. Brilliant.

This is the 1st time I cared for my partners and that's what I expected from a FPS game.

Short but soooooo intense.

And the accuracy on pc is perfect. I'm just sad I can't try the online because of the router of my university...

Last edited:
That level is funny.

I'm stuck on the mission where you have 10 minutes to input the abort codes, can someone give me some tips.

And if you do post help for Tobi, please use spoiler tags! Don't ruin it for everyone else playing :)

:lol:

I've done the mission about 15 times now and every time I get close I die, sometimes I wish that the guys with me would move faster.

I'm quite aware it's the PC that sets the resolution mate, I work in IT so if I didn't know that then I'd be in trouble :shock:

But I use my TV as a TV and monitor, I don't have a desire to play PC games on less than a 22" monitor which is just too small as I sit on my couch to play games and use my PC. I know the PC can do resolutions higher than 1080p but not when connected to a HDTV it can't (at least my TV and I think most HDTV's that have VGA only show 1366x1024 or something and my TV struggles at that res).

So playing games which use quality graphics is kinda pointless on my PC/TV. It's good for playing Football Manager while I relax on my couch and that's the whole point of having my PC connected to my TV I guess. When I want to play games, I use a console which runs games better for the most part (due to being optimised for one set of hardware), not having to worry about Windows crashing (I don't use Windows anyway which is another reason I don't play games on my PC.)

And for the record, my PC isn't rubbish either. E6300 with 2Gb of DDR2 6400 and a 7900GS card so it can play games reasonably well.

And having to pay £170 for a graphics card is robbery, I can buy a Wii or a 360 for a few pounds more :) To justify £600 to play games when you can play those same games for £170 is a bit much :)

yea but with that system you have you can play cod4 in med/max settings which look has good has the 360 version. who says you need a top of the line card to play this game. my pc is weaker then yours yet i play on mid/max and it looks as good as the 360 version which i have also played on a mates machine.

as for the resolution, its your hdtv that cant output at a igher res not your pc ;)

I meant the PC setting the resolution as in PC chooses what resolution I can run at, and I know the TV is what allows what resolutions ;)

My card can allow something like 2048x1024 or something crazy but my TV can only handle 1366x1024 or something. And even on that setting the text on my screen looks a bit garbled and doesn't fit right. So playing a game on medium settings, at 1024x768 on a 26" TV isn't my idea of fun really :)

Aye, I keep hearing so much about it. I'll definately get it at the end of the month, along with Assasins Creed and Mass Effect.

You haven't got it yet Coopz? You were looking forward to it more than anyone here I think!

Back
Top Bottom