Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

The limited edition Call Of Duty 4 pack comes with an SAS documentary. I was tempted to get it but with Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect coming out this month I decided against it.

well to be honest our countries train each other... and i really dont think one is better then the other, but the Israelis probably put both of our special forces to shame...

The wifes from Israel - I know someone in the special forces and he is a double Hard Bastard - Hairy - but still Double Hard. (Don't think he is meant to be hairy - but he was on a break) he was a lovely fellow though - he new alot about football :)

He didn't tell me he was in their special forces - I think its meant to be secret - but I found out. Hang on a minute maybe I should be in the Special forces :) I might get this game just to see how I would fare :D

This game is amazing online - are we gonna sort out an Evo-Web team death-match for the weekend or what?

I'll be honest and say I'm not finding the single-player as amazing as everyone says. The AI is hurting it, my teammates are thick as shit and don't cover me. They don't work as a team at all and it feels like it's everyone for themselves.

And the enemy AI definately focuses on you more than it does any of your teammates. As soon as you get anywhere within any sight of an enemy, EVERY enemy fires at you. Whereas your teammates are out in the open and not getting shot but your right knee sticks out and you take a shitload of bullets.

Really annoying and damages what is a VERY atmospheric game and very well laid out. The missions are great and keeps me interested. What takes my interest away is dying because of my first points.

Sorry but I find Ghost Recon a better game and if GR had the atmosphere that COD4 has then I'd be set.

I'll be honest and say I'm not finding the single-player as amazing as everyone says. The AI is hurting it, my teammates are thick as shit and don't cover me. They don't work as a team at all and it feels like it's everyone for themselves.

And the enemy AI definately focuses on you more than it does any of your teammates. As soon as you get anywhere within any sight of an enemy, EVERY enemy fires at you. Whereas your teammates are out in the open and not getting shot but your right knee sticks out and you take a shitload of bullets.

Really annoying and damages what is a VERY atmospheric game and very well laid out. The missions are great and keeps me interested. What takes my interest away is dying because of my first points.

Sorry but I find Ghost Recon a better game and if GR had the atmosphere that COD4 has then I'd be set.
holly shit, GR was terrible. Have you played COD games before?

Yep but I'm not a fan of run-and-gun games. I thought COD4 might've been a bit more slower paced but unfortunately it's a case of running constantly. The enemy keeps spawning and spawning, it's simply a case of running for your next checkpoint marker and I can see how people can complete this game so quickly. You don't even need to bother firing a gun most of the time if you can run behind cover as long as you get to the next marker.

I loved GR, like Rainbow Six games, I love the slower pace. I enjoy the tactical side and having to think about where to go, where to take cover, leaning around and over cover (can't believe this isn't in COD4!) and it doesn't strike me as being realistic being able to run-and-gun your way through a field.

Yep but I'm not a fan of run-and-gun games. I thought COD4 might've been a bit more slower paced but unfortunately it's a case of running constantly. The enemy keeps spawning and spawning, it's simply a case of running for your next checkpoint marker and I can see how people can complete this game so quickly. You don't even need to bother firing a gun most of the time if you can run behind cover as long as you get to the next marker.

I loved GR, like Rainbow Six games, I love the slower pace. I enjoy the tactical side and having to think about where to go, where to take cover, leaning around and over cover (can't believe this isn't in COD4!) and it doesn't strike me as being realistic being able to run-and-gun your way through a field.

Completely agree. I loved R6 and GRAW 1 and 2. I love the tactical aspect. For running and gunning I've already got Halo, COD has changed a bit compared to the past CODs, but its still got that element of running and gunning. Still a good game though imo.

COD4 is immense, simple as that. We gonna sort an Evo-Web team death-match out or what?

they said 10 days for my Xbox to come back and its been 14 and counting because it wont be here over the weekend

I wanna play COD4 i am lagging behind, the unthinkable may happen and Jay may have become better than me :shock:

I am still waiting for my Xbox too. It's been 15 days for me now. Luckily both my brothers have a 360 so one of them has lent me his.

I used to be in the SAS a few years ago.

I was in the Navy.

p2006_142.jpg

what a game this is

im just in the AG-100 ship or whatever its called

this games really gets you involved its awesome, i was just laying low hoping a helicopter spotlight didnt see me :)

Back
Top Bottom