Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Not a con if you know what your getting. Infinity Ward have not lied to anyone. Most games are this length nowadays. Development costs apparently. GOW was abot 6hours if i remember.

Have to get used to it, Dont like dont buy.

Simple really, harsh but true.

Most games are that length? Really? I guess I don't play enough different games then as I think 4-5 hours is absolutely shockingly bad, I don't have any interest in playing shooters in MP unless they have cooperative so SP with no replay value and a length of 5 hours is not up to snuff IMO.

I bet GTA4 won't be less than 20 hours at least, if they can afford it why can't COD4? How may million will COD4 sell? I can't believe development costs is the true reason.

For me the single player is just a warm up for the multiplayer. I would guess that for 80% of people, multiplayer is the most important feature. If the game had a crap multiplayer but a long single player mode, I wouldn't buy it. Theres no limit in hours to multiplayer, in fact I would buy this if it was multiplayer only.

Im the opposite........got a 9/10 from eurogamer. But not a single mention of the time it takes and without anybody online they couldnt comment. So a 9/10 for a 4-6hour singleplayer game. Just watched the review, between 6-9 hours. Looks like fun though!

Last edited:
Eurogamer does mention completing it and having scores etc, but there's little chance of me replaying a game once I've completed it. There's too many other good games to play.

I just fail to see this game as a graphic masterpeice?

do the videos just NOT do it justice?

The first e3 vid I saw of this simpled wowed me EVERYTHING I've seen since then Hasn't....:(

4 hours?! HL2 is between the 20 and 30 hours with ep1&2. Guess i wont bother with this then, as i only play singleplayer.....thats good, makes it easier to get mass effect instead :D

Thats what i mean. If i go online with this game they'll rip me to shreads and i'll just be respawning the whole time. I'll try to rent though

Honestly BumperMan, the screenshots look poor, but in-game it's fantastic. Not particularly flashy, but it's the smoothest game I've played, I think (the frame-rate feels like it's off the charts).

game is superb! who cares is if it can be completed in 4-5 hours. It means the person is rushing through the levels. Remember that HL1 and 2 can both technically be completed un under 1 hour each, if you rush through them!!!!
Just play and savour the game. It has some great set pieces! game of the year so far for me.

The sniper ghilie suit level is absolutely cracking for its tense setting, graphics and animations are almost photo-realistic etc.

i dont understand why this game is sooo highly rated.
how is it different to the other 100 WWII shooters out there?

Honestly BumperMan, the screenshots look poor, but in-game it's fantastic. Not particularly flashy, but it's the smoothest game I've played, I think (the frame-rate feels like it's off the charts).

Very stupid question..

can we at all change to a third person perspective either on a cover wall or with a different weapon like in Halo 3?

HL1 and 2 in under an hour each? I can't see that being possible ...

actually 30 mins and 1 hr 36 mins respectively ;)

http://speeddemosarchive.com/HalfLife.html

http://speeddemosarchive.com/HalfLife2.html

not my cup of tea, but just shows you how even the best games can be ruined to a "short game" by those inclined!! :shock:

I like to play these games on the medium or hard setting and play it with care and soak up the atmosphere and story, rather than "sprinting" from check point to check point, BUt hey but each to their own, different strokes for different folks.........

Just seems bizarre that these folks moan about the game time when they "rush" through it on a easy setting. Cant compare COD or any other FPS with GTA also, totally different game types.

playing the game again from start, and its still a superb game. a really "visceral experience". Really feels like a video game equivalent of Black Hawk Down the movie. Yes there are some flaws and compromises, but overall it immerses me like no other game of recent times.

Last edited:
Its taken it about out of context though isnt it?! Even with a generous timescale, the game comes in between 6 to 9 hours (30to45min per chapter). Im not bothered how "fast" I can complete the game or what the record score is for other games, I wont aim to do that, but as I only play singleplayer a short game just isnt worth the money for me.

To be honest, if it was during a slow period I would probably get it straight away, but the coming period has so many other really good games coming out that Ill just wait till its gets cheaper and in the mean time enjoy the likes of Mass effect.

I would like to play in hard mode if it made it longer, but would it become frustratingly difficult, without a way of cowardly changing back to medium?

Its taken it about out of context though isnt it?! Even with a generous timescale, the game comes in between 6 to 9 hours (30to45min per chapter). Im not bothered how "fast" I can complete the game or what the record score is for other games, I wont aim to do that, but as I only play singleplayer a short game just isnt worth the money for me.

To be honest, if it was during a slow period I would probably get it straight away, but the coming period has so many other really good games coming out that Ill just wait till its gets cheaper and in the mean time enjoy the likes of Mass effect.

yeah sorry extreme example, but the point is most games are very short if you simply rush through it. for example my 13 year old nephew, used to love Final Fantasy games, but recently he said he was bored of FF12 and it was too short. BUt I watched him play it and he was running from point to point, and speed clicking through the monster battles and not playing anywhere like he did a couple of years back where he was in awe of the levels and the monsters and was measured and considered at each step and enjoying it more.

I completed COD4 in about 7 hours total. bit shorter than other FPS games but not THAT short!

Shame if you dont play this as you are missing out on one of the great (albeit one of the shorter) FPS titles out there. :applause:

Quality not quantity, my learned friend............;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom