Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

Sorry Tim, I prefer racers like PGR and Forza. Burnout is TOO arcadey for my liking. LOADSA fun though, I am gonna buy it again when it's real cheap somewhere as it's great for a blast when you are bored. :)

Last edited:

It's getting genuinely depressing though how quickly people are getting rid of games, and how quickly you've got to be ranked-up on something to play it with everyone. With CoD4 you had two weeks (and that's a long time compared to others), after that everyone's got bored of it or they piss on you every match. Such a shame - online gaming isn't everything I'm afraid, not when you're an outcast days after something is released.

To celebrate Burnout Paradise, Electronic Arts Inc. today announced a special Game with Fame Valentine's Day event on the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. This event will give couples a chance to play with Hollywood's hottest dynamic duo; Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, stars of MTV's The Hills. On February 12th from 9:00pm - 12:00am PST, Xbox LIVE Gold members can score an opportunity to play with Heidi and Spencer, grab their Mugshots, and gain fame on the roads of Paradise City. Players will also have an opportunity to chat and play with Burnout Paradise producer Craig Sullivan and other surprise guest celebrities.

To connect with Heidi, Spencer and Craig send a friend request to BurnoutGWFHeidi, BurnoutGWFSpenc, and BurnoutGWFCraig on your Xbox 360™ videogame system. Other surprise celebrities will be joining the couple and will be playing as: BurnoutGWF1, BurnoutGWF2, BurnoutGWF3, BurnoutGWF4, BurnoutGWF5, BurnoutGWF6, BurnoutGWF7, BurnoutGWF8

It's getting genuinely depressing though how quickly people are getting rid of games, and how quickly you've got to be ranked-up on something to play it with everyone. With CoD4 you had two weeks (and that's a long time compared to others), after that everyone's got bored of it or they piss on you every match. Such a shame - online gaming isn't everything I'm afraid, not when you're an outcast days after something is released.

Good post and I totally agree. I LOVED our COD4 nights but they soon stopped. That's why I've sold it. :(

Cant believe so many people are getting bored of this already, there is so much to do!!

My thoughts exactly.

I've only played it for 2 hours I really like it. But I have just got into Call of Duty now.

I only get a couple of hours of an evening to play - I need my fix of Fifa aswell.

Its shitty - By the time I will get properly into Burnout - most of you will not want to play it anymore - so I can;t do the online thing. :(

I haven't got the time myself. I am gonna make sure I only have 2 or 3 games to play from now on - I got so much work to do and I keep putting it off.

I think that's the good thing about the rental scheme I'm doing. I can only have two games at a time, so I focus on playing those instead of having tons of games and not really getting time to play any for a decent period of time.

Let me know if you sign up, I'll get a free month rental for referring someone ;)

your the third person to say this and give no explanation

would any of you 3 care to tell me in what way is there so much to do?
Did you miss my post listing all the game modes (excluding the fact that there's 70+ cars to unlock as well)?

Any time, it's a monthly bill so you'd just click to cancel and send your game back and it ends. Pretty good if you ask me, certainly better than renting from Blockbuster, having the game for a couple of days and risking late fees (you can keep the games as long as you want here).

Did you miss my post listing all the game modes (excluding the fact that there's 70+ cars to unlock as well)?

Yes i missed it and there may be 70+ cars but take half off becuase they are just upgrades so thats 35+ cars

I see only 5 modes

Race, Stunt, the takedown one, the one where they try and take you down, Burning Route and the stupid crash thing which is pointless.

The Burning Routes and Races all go to the same places so your forever going the same old ways. The Takedown one is too easy and very very boring after you take 2 cars down (plus the fact your car magically centres itself and other cars dissappear when you do).

You're playing it in the mindset of it being a simulation. When you're a kid and you smash two toy cars together, they drive off again a minute later don't they? The same as in Burnout, they have to clear the road after you take someone down because otherwise as soon as you get control back you won't have time to see what's in-front of you and you'll die.

No wonder you don't like it, you're taking it far too seriously.

The list I compiled is in the 360 thread because that's where you were talking about it originally:

Race, Road Rage, Marked Man, Stunt, Burning Routes, Showtime, Road Rules, Online Challenges, Smashes, Billboards...

Yeah you can't take this game seriously, it's all about the FUN factor. We need more games like that on the 360 in my opinion.

Amazing - I will try this.

You might as well do the trial, and cancel before the trial ends and you don't get charged. Which is what Kevano does apparantly, then he starts a new trial :lol:

Do you know what I miss the most......I miss the Replays they had in the first one.

I really do - I loved when you finished a race that you could watch it back again. It was really cool how it was in the background when the results came up. Then you could just watch it.

I miss the Replays :(

120 Billboards
200 Smashes
50 Super Jumps

And you can't exclude the 35 cars that are upgrades, as you still have to do the Burning Route to unlock them :lol:.

You're playing it in the mindset of it being a simulation. When you're a kid and you smash two toy cars together, they drive off again a minute later don't they? The same as in Burnout, they have to clear the road after you take someone down because otherwise as soon as you get control back you won't have time to see what's in-front of you and you'll die.

No wonder you don't like it, you're taking it far too seriously.

The list I compiled is in the 360 thread because that's where you were talking about it originally:

Haha i dont know anyone who takes games seriously, i have no problems with sims or anything so i dont have any mindsets

I just think the game is repetitive and boring.

120 Billboards
200 Smashes
50 Super Jumps

And you can't exclude the 35 cars that are upgrades, as you still have to do the Burning Route to unlock them :lol:.

Come on seriously you cant be saying driving around looking for billboards and smashes is fun, thats not exactly a selling point is it

This could be the ad

"Plus the races and takedowns you can also smash thorough gates and adboards"

haha

Last edited:

Errr yea it is fun. Me and CW were driving round looking for new billboards and smashes last night, it was quality. There are achievements for getting all billboards, smashes and jumps too.

Funnily enough I find the best part of the game is driving around looking for gates, billboards and smashes. Considering it's Burnout, I'm sure the racing is supposed to be the best part :(

Errr yea it is fun. Me and CW were driving round looking for new billboards and smashes last night, it was quality. There are achievements for getting all billboards, smashes and jumps too.

Each to there own

Back
Top Bottom