Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

BURNOUT LICENSE BABY, OH YEAHHH!

The credits roll and yet you can still get the Elite License, seems a bit stupid really. :eh:

NINETY SIX wins until the Elite, omfglmaoroflcopterz.

Last edited:

Have they given you an excuse Plan M?

To be fair mate, on the order screen it says between 3-5 days. It's been 5 as it's arrived today! Just as I was getting into FIFA online too. :roll:

Better late than never.

Only about 6 wins for me till Burnout License but I won't be able to play until late tomorrow night!

How do I turn the engine sound down a little bit?

EDIT: Its alright I found out how to do it now.

Last edited:

OK, I played an hour of this and really like it. It's pure fun which makes a nice change because all of my other games are very serious (see signature.) It's the first Burnout I have ever bought so I am getting used to it and feel it's gonna take a bit of time. Anyway, what do I like about it? I LOVE crashing, it feels so good. The graphics are gorgeous and the soundtrack is superb (even my missus commented on it as she loves bands like Soundgarden, Faith No More and Depeche Mode.) It's SO FAST too, can't believe it at times. I am gonna give it some more time tomorrow evening, I gotta get to bed early tonight as I've had a hectic day and it's the Manchester derby tomorrow.

Really, really chuffed with this though! :)

wahey nice one Plan M for getting it, But im taking a break from it as I feel if I play it too much I lose interest. I got my Burnout license about 4 days ago so ill come back to it later

im not far off that

i think im gonna do all the burning laps till i get it, instead of the Races, Stunts ect

There is an achievement for doing all the Burning Routes, so I'm going after that tonight hopefully :) I just have to co vince the missus not to stay round though! :lol:

I should hopefully be playing single player tonight, if anyone else is on and fancies an online session, message or invite me :) Ta.

I shall be on and playing through SP myself once I have played Bobby in the playoff final and eaten me dinner

Just a quick question on the bit when it says the "insert certain car name here" is now driving around the city, take it down to add it to your collection if you see it.

Now say if I fail to take the car down and I get the annoying guy saying there is another car to take down. Will that mean I may see the two cars driving around now to smash up ? Or have I left it too late to collect the first car ?

Cheers

There will be two driving around.

In-fact if you pause the game, you should see on the stats bit a row that says "Cars To Shutdown".

Last edited:

happened to me once i met 3 cars to shutdown at the same time. had to choose which one to go for :p

Nothing wrong with the AI
It's not CPU cheating, it's that when you are driving down the wrong side of the road, some cars will stay straight and hope that you swerve, some cars will swerve thinking you will stay straight. Hmm, thinking about this it is actually more realistic than I'd thought! :shock:

Let me try and explain, hmm...

Basically the CPU is actually acting like a human, in that some cars would swerve to avoid you and some cars would stay in the same lane. As for when you are driving on the correct side of the road and people pull out into your lane, I'd say that's pretty much like real life too, most of the time people hardly check their mirrors, and when they do they're not expecting to see some nutter speeding down on them!

So in actual fact, while it is hugely annoying and cunty that they pull into you sometimes and swerve into you, I have to say my opinion on the whole matter has changed to that it's more realistic.

Im getting bored of this already

Its far to repetitive, especially as all of the burning routes and races only go to about 4 different places

CEX will give £30 cash for Burnout Paradise now, it was £28 over the weekend. I'm going to sell it this weekend I think.

Cant believe so many people are getting bored of this already, there is so much to do!!

Same here if only there was something to trade it for.

go to CEX online and trade your game with them for £32 then wait for a game to come out and use your voucher to get it

or as Dags says sell it to em for £30 and put the money to one side

I might do that! I only paid £35 so I am only losing £3. It's fun don't get me wrong - I just can't get the hang of it! I am crap. I hate the way I have to pause game every few minutes to see where I am going (and before you all jump on me, I DO LIKE THE GAME!) But Coopz' idea above is a great one - I'll leave the £32 exchange fee for a rainy day! I am loving Forza 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and FIFA online too much to give this attention anyway.

...and I've done it. Down to four games in my collection now.

Plan M, when a new game comes out though they may not have it straight away. So you will have to check the website daily to see when they get a copy in.

Still its better than going to game and getting a tenner for it :)

and i forgot about pausing the game all the time to check the map that does my head in and takes all the excitement away from the race

I don't mind waiting a week or so mate, I got other games to play. Played this again over my brother's today and we both agreed on a few niggles:

* No driver. It just looks.....weird.
* Fake cars with stupid colour schemes.
* "Where am I going?!" in a race - pause - check map - repeat.
* Crash - roll - crash - roll.
* The map feels limited. Granted, it's vast but it's like a poor man's GTA.

Still great fun but NEVER worth £40 in my opinion.

*All the above comments are Plan M's opinion and he will see you in court if you disagree.

* "Where am I going?!" in a race - pause - check map - repeat.

You haven't seen the indicator flash and the road you need to take also flash at the top of the screen then?

Yes but I am going so bloody fast I miss the turns EVERY time! Also, you are supposed to find the quickest route yourself right? I find it fucking impossible. I am just shite mate.

Back
Top Bottom