Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

Meh HMV are so fucking slow. Postie didn't deliver it. :(

I got my Burnout License this morning along with the GT Concept also I can now use the Steels Wheels car.

:8):

Just 110 wins away from Elite.

38 wins away from the Burnout license... God the AI's got hard now.

I was tearing my hair out last night trying to do a burning route with the first Montgomery, it was driving me nuts. I tried three times to figure out a route and every time I'd take the wrong turn. I have to admit, and at first I didn't want to but, they shouldn't have made it free-roaming. It was miles better when you could play a set track over and over, and look for the shortcuts on the way.

Saying that, I still love the game - it's just going to take a shitload of play-time to remember where everything is in the city.

it's just going to take a shitload of play-time to remember where everything is in the city.
You would be moaning even more if you had completed the game already ;)

I am 28 wins away from my Burnout License. And Jack is correct - it's getting bloody harder now! Those spare 5 or 10 seconds when you're on C/B license have now gone. The CPU is more aggressive and better drivers. Also, the cars are getting more mental! Faster and faster and some of them harder to control.

Now, it's serious fun :)

Has anyone done the GT2400 burning route? It's fucking ridiculous, you've got to get from the middle, north of the map, to the pissing Wildcats stadium in the South East, in 1 min 40 seconds! :shock:. I've had a few goes and come nowhere near.

Has anyone done the GT2400 burning route? It's fucking ridiculous, you've got to get from the middle, north of the map, to the pissing Wildcats stadium in the South East, in 1 min 40 seconds! :shock:. I've had a few goes and come nowhere near.

Yes I have, is there anyway i can see the time I done it in?

it might have been the one where i got it dead on 1:40:00 no joke either

I've just bought it and am driving around smashing the crap out of my car :)

Loving it - I need to get some events done now.

By the way my New surround sound is Fucking fantastic! The first crash I did - I nearly shit my pants!! really I did :)

Haha, I said that when I first got it - I had my ear to the subwoofer during certain things (such as car games) thinking, come on, come to life, then I hit the back of a car and JESUS CHRIST. My head nearly went through the telly.

Can I start a challenge online the same way I start challenges offline (holding the shoulder buttons together). I dont think Im too sure what Im doing in the online bit :(

This better arrive today! C'mon postie, be good to me!

HMV tend to take 4-5 days from my experience with them.

i ordered mine late Thursday night and got it Saturday morning :)

I can wait till weekend, probably won't get it until Friday/Saturday morning now. Gonna play Forza 2 until then. :)

Strangely enough, this was the burning route I was having massive trouble with. I tried it for over half an hour two nights ago and gave up, nearly smashing the pad in anger.

This morning, first go, I do it in 1:30. :|

Look at the map and plan it out first, you take the first left (as the indicator tells you) but then take the shortcut on the left shortly after the turn-in if you can. Get plenty of boost so you keep getting all the jumps right. Go through the tunnel and take the third exit (not the road with the spanner on it, not the road with the spraypaint on it, the next one) - the indicator will flash for it anyway. But BE EXTRA FUCKING WARY OF THIS ROAD, because the road turns very sharply and if you're going too fast (which you will be, it's Burnout), you'll drive straight into the wall on the right side of the road. If you get through this bit without crashing the rest of it is piss easy, just follow the straight and then turn off on the road with the finish line on it.

You make it sound so easy :-k

I will have a go at this tonight then. And I ain't turning my Xbox off till it's done.

photo-3.jpg

Well, I saw this the other day and could think of nothing more suitable for this thread :)

At first I thought I had been playing Burnout too much and was going crazy and seeing things!

Or til you have no XBox to turn off, because you smashed it due to the rubbish traffic ;)

photo-3.jpg

Well, I saw this the other day and could think of nothing more suitable for this thread :)

At first I thought I had been playing Burnout too much and was going crazy and seeing things!
HAHA, HAHAHA, BRILLIANT.

I wonder if he plays Burnout. :lol:

Really starting to get into this game now, loving the Road Rages!

I kind of missed what the woman said at the beginning of the game about the map having landmarks such as Wildcats Stadium, a Naval Yard ?... what are the others ? are they any significance to the game ?

Cheers

They're just where each "burning route" ends up, so you get used to where they are. Wind farm, ranch, naval yard etc...

"Burning Route" would that be the longish strip of road you have to get the quickest time on ?

Still getting used to all the phrases they call things! its the first Burnout I have played

Haha, sorry. Yeah, burning route is when you have to go from the starting line (traffic lights) to the finish line (one of the star locations, the wind farm, the ranch etc.) - there's a burning route available for each car, but not the bonus car (you win a souped-up version of the car you're driving when you win a burning route).

I am gonna be so crap at this going from Jack's posts. I have never owned a Burnout game nor played one properly before.

Back
Top Bottom