Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

Just a quick note for everyone - I've been off for a few days visiting an ill family member and fixing up three new PCs, but I'm back now and I'll be on FIFA/Burnout every night. If you want me, invite me. Let's get this show on the road. :thumbup:

I said this last night in the chatbox, but I'm going off doing races a bit. It's just too fast a game to keep an eye on the road, as well as look at the mini-map and try to work out a road when the map looks like a plate of spaghetti. In a way it's great that there's so many options to choose, but then it also makes things way too confusing. So then it just becomes annoying when you crash because you're trying to plot a path and you think "well, what else can I do? I have to look at the map!".

All this as well as cars that swing out of their lines so they're sitting horizontally across your lane? I mean come on! That really does come across as a method of the AI slowing you down if it thinks you're going too fast. I think Tim has noticed this as well, I've heard him shouting over his mic about cars turning into him. Pretty rubbish.

Give me Road Rage anyday :D

You realise you can turn traffic off for online races? Next time I host and you're involved I'll turn it off for you. I actually like it, it's one of those things that makes me scream "OH YOU STUPID CUNT, WHY THE HELL DID YOU PULL OUT THERE", but at the same time I actually love it. It makes me laugh, and it happens to everybody. I don't think it's a "cheat", it's just one of those things - if people started racing around a real-life city I'm sure some dickhead would do it. :D

I love the races though, admittedly it's awkward looking at the map but I think I'm used to it now. If you brake as soon as the indicator starts, you've got enough time to turn comfortably.

I wouldn't want the traffic turned off. I like it much more when it's on, it happens to everyone, we all crash and get fucked by some dozy bint on a school run switching lanes with no need to once in a while :).

Guys is it better that I play a lot of single player first? I've read you have to play it for better cars etc?

Yes, hammer single player for a few hours.

What is single player like? No-one seems to speak about it.

Single player is great fun, there are 120 events to do plus tons of other things that you'll come across whilst cruising the city.

What other things can you do online apart from challenges and racing?

we should try all the options out to see if we can unearth a gem in there

huh thats it?

i thought there was marked man and stuff?

and whats this all about?

Players: 2-8

Players Co-op: 1-4

Offline yeah but not online. Challenges and races are your lot.

I can see why, how would road rage work for example? Exactly the same as dicking about before doing a challenge or a race, you just smash into eachother and get a picture, what's the point in that format?

It's far more satisfying taking someone out during a race anyway, because then there's a reason for it instead of just random bashing. It's great, especially when they're ten foot from the finishing line. :thumbup:

Just bought Edge magazine and Burnout Paradise scored 9/10 - I'm happy now as I trust most of their reviews. :)

DLC is on the way, hopefully Marked Man online is included.

You still loving this Jack? I am quite looking forward to it now. :)

I might get this tomorrow but I have to keep it secret from the wife.......sshhh

I have just bought a surround sound system - and if she found out I bought this aswell, I would get my Willy chopped off!!

But I really want it - so I'm gonna get it :)

Still loving it yes, although it's getting harder to find time to play anything. Three PCs in a week I've had to set up for relatives, and my mum's not very well, so yeah. But it's just as fun every time I start it up.

I've only seen challenges available for upto four people, perhaps when you have over four people you still do the four-player challenges. God knows.

Could be something to do with DLC - well it's either challenges or DLC-related, there's nothing else you can do online.

You can look in game and it tells you from 2-8 players what the challenges are

On one challenge 1 car has to jump over the other 7 :)

Sorry for dropping out early Coopz & Grim, the missus rang and you were just driving in a circle and hitting eachother for ten minutes so I thought I might as well talk to her for a bit. Just got away from her now - her fucking PC has broke, she won't believe me when I say I'll have to have a look at it myself to see what's up.

Anyway, I'll be on again tomorrow, if you don't dick about I'll stay a bit longer ;)

Hopefully this will arrive today! :fingers crossed:

I read the review in Edge last night, it was glowing and really whetted my appetite.

Back
Top Bottom