Brasileirão 2014 - sauce won again! Bastard! - Congrats Cruzeiro!

Re: Brasileirão 2010 | State Championships

Fred scored 2 gols at his first game for Flu.

But his performance in the first months was below the expected, then he got himself injured for almost 3 months.

When he came back, the team was in the last position of the table, almost relegated. But then he lead the team to a run of 10 unbeaten matches, being the main figure of Fluminense's comeback.

The team finished 16th (relegation-free for 1 pt) and Fred scored 12 goals in 20 matches in the league.

He also was an important player in the team's campaign at Copa Sudamericana, where they finished 2nd.

A Cruzeiro fan should mention Kleber. He is absolutely class, one of my favourite strikers. The only thing I hate on him is the fact he likes a certain green and white team.

PS: About the FM conversation, I finally back to an old save with Man City and Cote d'Ivoire. Anyway I've found very interesting your opinions and analyses of Cruzeiro and brazilian teams in general. Maybe when patch 1.3 comes out I will begin a new save with some brazilian team (oh man, Gremio have a frankly strong squad this season).

Well im a Cruzeiro fan, i go to every single macth and all, i like Kleber, he is a great foward... BUTTTT imo he is not in the same level of those 3 i mentioned above as proven in the later rounds of libertadores last year where he scored only 1 penalty goal and missed a clear change in the final 1st leg that could problaby give us the title.... thats the diference between those 3 guys and the rest, they get their thing done, its as simple as that.

Kleber imo is in the same level as Diego Tardelli, V.Love, Maxi Lopez, Washington and evan Nilmar... its a very high level, problaby top level here in the brazilian league but those other 3 are like E.Ts. here in our league. At least thats my view of it.

Last edited:

I prefer to have Kleber, Nilmar or even Tardelli, to me they are more useful to their teams than the 3 legends, which by the way miss a lot of chances.
Ronaldo is the best by far, he is different but he played like half of the season, although on the important games he was there.
Adriano is perhaps the worst finisher of these three, he miss some ridiculous opportunities, while Fred still clinical but I don't think he has Ronaldo and Adriano presence.

Also players like Kleber and Tardelli do more things than regular CFs, to compare their goals and finishes with CFs is not fair.

And to be honest I don't think its a matter of these strikers quality but the lack of quality defenders. Against the few good defenders in the league none of these 5 showed that much quality.

Gremio team have a good offensive now, its like São Paulo some few years ago, and they have a clear way in Copa do Brasil.

Well with Robinho probably on his way back to Santos, it's looking like, for strikers at least, a real who's who of Brazilian strikers from Europe.

Robinho
Ronaldo
Adriano
Fred
Vagner Love

Would be really nice to see them all on top form this season, or at the very least for when the Serie A league starts.

Plus you've got those players that sauce has mentioned and so on. Should be a good race for top scorer.

Wasn't Brazil supposed to sell their players to Europe instead of buying them? Cous lately you just keep buying them...

Wasn't Brazil supposed to sell their players to Europe instead of buying them? Cous lately you just keep buying them...

Our economy is growing... thats one of the reasons teams here are managing to get players back from europe... just one of the reasons offcourse.

And that doesn't mean "we" are not selling anymore. I don't know for 2009, but IIRC in 2008 alone we exported about 800 players.

Hmm these comebacks are like they always were, players in bad moment there comeback here, the last player that was in top of the form and came back was Romário years ago perhaps?

Some good players leaving like Rever on last few days and today Kleber, The_Special_One gonna have other reason to hate him now :P
And Ernesto Farias come in the Kleber negotiation, now I'll be the one asking info about, usually this thread works the other way.
But I bet he is not in that good moment either Brazilian market still frustrating :/

I think Farias is a bit crap from what I've seen. He joined Palermo a few seasons ago but was really ineffective.

I think Farias is quite good, actually..He was always a sub in FC Porto but he still managed to get good numbers being decisive lots of times. He was here 2 seasons and a half and his numbers were something like (16Matches,8Goals/20M,10G/10M,5G)...almost everytime coming as a sub.
I think he has that killer instinct, fits a more direct style of playing.. You won't see GREAT goals by him, but he'll be there to score..let's see how he fits on your team.

To tell u the thruth i like that deal... i think it will be like the one that brought kleber here.

Well tbh I even forgot how good the deal that brought kleber was, he done so much here that I even forgot how little he cost, considering that, the deal with Porto was good, but I didn't like it and think the result will be quite the opposite Porto will be the one winning, but as usual you and me have different opinions.

But about Farias, thx for the info guys, if he is has good fighting spirit, make presence on the field I will like, but many many fans don't like players with average technique and they do struggle to adapt here, also some will naturally compare him to Kleber, but like our coach says lets wait.

About the market there is one thing that still pisses me off, some players don't understand that you can play quality football here and make your name, Kleber is only that valuable now cause he came back to Brazil, for those who don't remember he was a Dynamo Kiev player.

Young talents like Douglas Costa still prefer moving far too early and usually take years to adapt, we all know some guys did great a Shakhtar and they often are speculated at the biggest markets, but they're still there, while others returned.

Hernanes is the anti-example of that kinda of player, he had numerous chances to move out but didn't and he even had his quality questioned at São Paulo, but he won the league, won awards I'm pretty sure his salary ain't that bad. Even if some stupid fans question him, he is a guy that is on his way to huge things I believe.

Off course in cases like Hernanes the guy needs a lot of guts and trust his own game, cause naturally when he move to Europe the pressure will be higher, some can handle others can't.

I officialy hate Kleber. :SMUG:

Ernesto Farias is the type of player hard to define. You have heard 2 opinions. Milanista said he is crap. #71 said he is quite good. Both opinions are valid. In one hand Farias didn't shine as expected, I remember him in River Plate and at that time I was far impressed by his quality. On the other hand, Farias showed all of us his killing instinct in front of goal. By some reason he hadn't many chances at Porto. Last year, Farias and Lisandro Lopez finished the season with the some number of goals scored. They are totaly different players, Lisandro is more an all around striker while Farias is more a positional player in front of goal. Jesualdo Ferreira (FC Porto coach) prefers dynamic players, that's why he always came from the bench.
I like Ernesto Farias. He isn't a gladiator but he is a quite decent player. Maybe not good enough to a fast and dynamic european football but surely a efective player for the slower south american type of game.

It seems you have signed Deborah Secco. Ups, I mean Roger. :P

I know he's been in Europe for almost a year now, but Fiorentina just signed Keirrison for a 2 year loan, probably to replace Mutu. £12m option. I've always followed news reports about this kid... is he a real potential star? or just another Ricardo Oliveira style? (Not much personality or ego in Italy).... Fiorentina have Jovetic too.. so they have two incredible rising stars.

Kleber refused the move to FC Porto.

^^^ I lol'd at todays newspaper front page.

Do you have a digital copy of that?
I really like newspaper front pages, and your comment made me curious :P

About Keirrison.

He had a great seasons with Coritiba and a great start at Palmeiras last year, but suddenly he stopped scoring, went to Benfica and couldn't even get more games than Weldon.
But Portuguese football have always had that kind of thing, Luis Fabiano couldn't adapt at Porto where Jardel became a king (in different times, obviously).
Keirrison has a great potential but I'm not sure if he suits itallian footbal, as he lacks the strength needed to play there.

Yeah are they? I've seen players stutter WAY less than that (take a little pause before shooting) in some of the European leagues and the referee orders a re-take sometimes. The first one is ridiculous lol! :D

And then the one guy who doesn't use that technique hits the bar and his team lose. :p

p.s. Juninho's back in Brazil with his old club Vasco isn't he? How's he been doing since return to old home?

Yeah are they? I've seen players stutter WAY less than that (take a little pause before shooting) in some of the European leagues and the referee orders a re-take sometimes. The first one is ridiculous lol! :D

And then the one guy who doesn't use that technique hits the bar and his team lose. :p

p.s. Juninho's back in Brazil with his old club Vasco isn't he? How's he been doing since return to old home?

PFL, those pk are totally legal, Blatter said he wants to make them iligal tough..lets see if this rule is applied before the WC

About Juninho, he is playing in Arabia, not here.

cheers m8

Oh you're right bro! He went to the gulf as well! I remember there were lots of talks about him going back to Vasco but yah it never happened, did it? oh well maybe he'll go back after his Arabian adventure. I wonder how he's doing there...

In regards to the PK's really? Are they fully legal? Cuz I'm SURE I've seen refs order re-takes after player stutters too much (not just a second or two pause), was the referee wrong to do so then? That'd be weird if it was totally fine within rules of the game and ref decided he wants it re-taken. And it can't possibly be legal in Brazil but not Europe so it's a curious point....

Nowadays I see the stuttering thing more and more anyway and when done to not such an exagerrated degree like in those videos, it seems acceptable everywhere.

actually i'm quite sure there's a fifa rule that says u can't stop running while taking the penalty.
the thing is many refs don't really care about it (figo has been taken irregular penalties for his entire carreer).

i might be wrong of course, but i'm almost sure about it... or at least i was almost sure until now...:THINK::SS

actually i'm quite sure there's a fifa rule that says u can't stop running while taking the penalty.
the thing is many refs don't really care about it (figo has been taken irregular penalties for his entire carreer).

i might be wrong of course, but i'm almost sure about it... or at least i was almost sure until now...:THINK::SS

Theres no such a rule, and thats why Blatter is trying to create one to ban the stutering run out of the game... There has been a lot of discussion on TV programs about this(enfatising theres no such rule) here in brazil for the last year or so...

That "technique" (called paradinha here) to score penalties has become very popular here in Brazil in the last 2 years. The first one in the video (by Fred) is ridiculous indeed. The guy keeps kicking the air until the keeper goes down.

As brunnoce said, there have been lots of discussions in the tv as the "paradinha" is used in like 80% of the penalty kicks here, and the conclusion is that it'll keep being legal until FIFA officially ban it.

Here's another video, from the derby Santos x São Paulo. Neymar in the penalty spot, Rogerio Ceni under the post.

YouTube - NEYMAR Faz Gol de Paradinha e humilha rogerio ceni

Last edited:

I find hilarious when the guy does the paradinha and the gk actually don't fall for it and the guy loose his power in the shot.
Too bad it only happens a few times but it was hilarious.
I'm totally against it.

Theres no such a rule, and thats why Blatter is trying to create one to ban the stutering run out of the game... There has been a lot of discussion on TV programs about this(enfatising theres no such rule) here in brazil for the last year or so...

i see. well i guess i was wrong then. thanks for the info ;)
and yeah sauce, i'm definitely against it too

Back
Top Bottom