Brasileirão 2014 - sauce won again! Bastard! - Congrats Cruzeiro!

Re: Brasileirão 2009 | Flamengo Champions!

Sorry to bother you brazilian friends but I have a doubt. Who is the really 87 champion? Flamengo or Sport? Both say they are the champions! Oh god! Thanks in advance.

Officially, Sport.

Sport were champions of sort of "second division", while Flamengo won the first. The rules that year were to play a final with champions of both divisions, but Flamengo refused and they still consider themselves champions.

Officially, Sport.

Sport were champions of sort of "second division", while Flamengo won the first. The rules that year were to play a final with champions of both divisions, but Flamengo refused and they still consider themselves champions.

Yea thats the story
but an important detail is that the 'first division' was not a CDB (was it CDB back there?) official competition and the 'first division' clubs claimed that they decided way before the end that they would not play the final as CDB wanted.

For me Flamengo is the 1987 champs, like Cruzeiro is the 1966 champs.. but thats another story.

Yea I agree, how can Santos of Pelé not be national champions?
Was another name but still the main nation championship of the time.
Although I consider the first real fair competition started in 2003, I respect whoever won before it, but I respect even more those who won after it and this is not Cruzeiro biased.
I just remember how you could be a mess the entire season and still win, plus it was 6 months only, do you guys remember it?
I never wanna see our championship like that again, and Copa do Brasil should be the whole year too, with all Libertadores clubs in it, São Paulo is not in that cup for what 7 years?
And about 87 I think Flamengo are the fair champions too.

Can somebody tell me something about Airton (Flamengo), Kardec (Internacional) and Eder Luis (Atletico Mineiro)?
They are all signing for Benfica soon..

Can somebody tell me something about Airton (Flamengo), Kardec (Internacional) and Eder Luis (Atletico Mineiro)?
They are all signing for Benfica soon..

Airton is an applied (is this a word?) defensive midfielder, Kardec is a tall striker, still have a lot to improve, while Eder Luis is a very fast winger/support striker.

I would not rate any of these three that high, but lets wait and see if they adapt to Portuguese football cause I've seen some good players fail, like Keirrison, while average ones succeed.

Thanks! ;) The one who's making me question if its a good signing is Kardec.. From what I've read, Vasco da Gama supporters don't like him...but he's a under-20 international for Brazil...so I don't know if he's like Jardel (most brazilian didn't like him but his play style fitted well here) or just bad.
Do you think Eder Luis is better than Weldon (former Sport Recife)?

Eder luis is problaby the best dumb player in the world :LMAO:
U will see, he can make great plays, fantastic goals, but at the same time he will drive u crazy with the HORRIBLE decisions he makes during a macth...Technicaly I rate him substantially better than Weldon, but i know Weldon is doing well over there and Weldon is a physically stronger player than Eder wich might help him to do well in the European style of play, just like NENE did(he was terrible at Cruzeiro)

Same thing goes about Kardec, although he still has a lot to develop like Sauce said. I think he has good potential, not Jardel potential but something like Julio Cruz... u know, a good striker but not great.

Like Sauce im schoked how Keirrison didnt succed yet at Benfica.. i know it was hard for him to get a first team spot seeing that u have Saviola and the amazing Cardozo... but when he left here i rated Keirrison as high as Saviola and with more potential becasue of his clinical finnishing.... lets see what happens to him, i think once he adapt he will start showing what he is capable for.

Totally agree with brunocce about all players,
I think I could compare Eder Luis with someone you're probably familiar with, its Reyes, when first showed it looked like he was going to be something. Started more in the center then drifted off to the side, Eder with be right sided though, and often look completely lost on the field.
He style is very similar, a pacy small guy with good dribbling and inconsistent appearances.

Now about Jardel I get what you're saying some brazilians don't like guys like him, but still some of them succeed right here including Jardel himself, and thats the thing Jardel had showed something when he was young while Alan Kardec didn't, not even the physical/poacher aspect, but you have to consider that this is not an aspect worked here as there and thats why he can develop a lot.

And Airton looks like the most mature of these three for me to be honest I was shocked when I saw his age, his face tells he 30-something :D
His game would be similar to Fernando of Porto or Luiz Gustavo of Hoffenheim, young DMFs that move pretty quick to Europe and without many noise turn out to have solid careers there.
I could be wrong though, like I was with Keirrison.

Very interesting input from you guys..thanks a lot!

About Eder Luis, Jorge Jesus (our manager) always works the team tactics a lot, player's movement, all that. I hope that he could turn that talent (you both agree he has) into something more regular. It doesn't sound a bad signing considering his attributes and how he can be useful in certain matches. I guess by what you say, he can fit a counter attack style more easily..

About Kardec, from what I've read, it doesn't seem he'll settle here...He would be Cardozo replacement, but with his age..with Saviola, Keirrison, Weldon, Nuno Gomes and Eder Luis on the team, I serioulsy doubt he will have the chances (on a regular basis) to develop as a player...so I wouldn't be surprised to see him being loaned out back to some brazilian team at the end of the season. There's just too much competition, and if he's not a first choice player for now, as you say, I bet they will think he should play more to develop.

Airton should be the reserve player for Javi Garcia, who's having a great season. He gains a LOT of balls and then plays it simple to Aimar, Ramires or Di Maria...no more stuff needed to do. He must have a nice heading hability though... It's not easy to do today's Javi job...he's our whole defensive midfield...all the others are attacking, except for Ramires (that gives him a hand..GOD, that guy runs!) but he's playing on the right side...

Thanks for the replies, once again! ;)

Alan Kardec is a great player, I think he will do very successfully in Benfica, played too much in the national team under 20 in international had few chances and vasco its popularity is not very good ..
eder luis is a very fast player, I like his football, more lately the crowd of atletico mineiro has much to complain about it ..
on Airton, I think he is a player very violent, if I remember correctly he even paid a fine for having received many red cards

advantage of the topic would like to know of you who live in Portugal, as the couple walks lulinha, which belongs to the Corinthians, and is currently on loan at estoril
I heard he is playing well so I hope he is right, always believed in the lulinha successfully, most unfortunate that the Corinthians he showed it successfully did in the youth ..

Last edited:

Talk about Lulinha is talk about my Estoril idol nowadays. I don't realize how such a player doesn't play in Corinthians. Plus, I can't understand how we, a second division team, managed to get that guy. He has a lot of potencial. He used to play behind the strikers (4-4-2 or 3-5-2) or as a winger (4-3-3)He is fast, plays good with both foot and has the so called pace. He doesn't score many goals (he needs to improve his shoot skills) but gives so many others. His many problem in my opinion is the disciplin, but this is a overall problem in our team.

PS: Maybe off-topic but ok. Can you help me in FM? lol. Seriously I'm thinking to play with Cruzeiro or Internacional. First of all, which one do you suggest? Secondly, what tactic should I use? I used to play in a 4-4-2 but I don't know if it works on Brasileirão. Thanks and sorry for the off-topic.

Last edited:

]
PS: Maybe off-topic but ok. Can you help me in FM? lol. Seriously I'm thinking to play with Cruzeiro or Internacional. First of all, which one do you suggest? Secondly, what tactic should I use? I used to play in a 4-4-2 but I don't know if it works on Brasileirão. Thanks and sorry for the off-topic.

I recommend a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, in most cases the attack is concentrated at the center and side concentrated more on the attack
4-4-2 is a tactic that Brazilian teams use more:))

in the day 3,Roberto Carlos will be presented in corinthians ;]
that emotion lol

Last edited:

Oh man, this is the year. I support Corinthians since I watch Brazilian football and I believe this gonna be the Libertadores' year. The expirience of Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos with the young irreverence of Dentinho and Defederico are the perfect combination. Keep fingers crossed.

4-2-2-2 is the most comun tatic in brazil, 2 DMC and 2 AMC...thats what most teams use here.(both full backs attacking a lot)

About Cruzeiro or Inter theres not much diference there imo.. both have very good teams that will make trophies possible in your first season.

With Cruzeiro u still have a chalange that its to give us a world club title wich we dont have.. with inter they have all the titles but its been over 30 years they won the league so that would be their main focus imo.

Oh man, this is the year. I support Corinthians since I watch Brazilian football and I believe this gonna be the Libertadores' year. The expirience of Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos with the young irreverence of Dentinho and Defederico are the perfect combination. Keep fingers crossed.

the Corinthians is forming a great team for 2010, the defender Henrique of racing will probably play in Corinthians;]

Thanks for the tips my friends. From waht I see Cruzeiro has a great defense (those full backs OMG) and an excelent attack. Inter have a superb midfield (D'Ale and Guiñazu stars). My fear is the midfield of Cruzeiro. I don't know the players so well. I had an experience with serie B Corinthians in FM when I got promoted and reached the Copa do Brasil final (lost to Flamengo).

Is true that Valdivia is coming to Cruzeiro? It will be a superb signing.

Thanks for the tips my friends. From waht I see Cruzeiro has a great defense (those full backs OMG) and an excelent attack. Inter have a superb midfield (D'Ale and Guiñazu stars). My fear is the midfield of Cruzeiro. I don't know the players so well. I had an experience with serie B Corinthians in FM when I got promoted and reached the Copa do Brasil final (lost to Flamengo).

the cruzeiro confirmed that interest in the player, the more they want valdivia on loan, and al-ain should not accept it because he paid 10 million in its contratação.provavelmente the valdivia should continue in al ain

Cruzeiro has a solid midfield, not star-ish like Inter, but solid, Gilberto(that one from hertha, Tottenham) is playing as a AMC maestro now, he did very well this last semester in this new role. The defensive midfield is the highlight of Cruzeiro's midfield though, u have 3 very consistent DMC (so u can make a good tight diamond formation in the midfield) with Henrique, Marquinhos Parana and Fabricio.

About valdivia, i really dont know, its all speculation now, i find it very hard for us to get him becasue of his price tag, but if we make throught the pre-libertadores im betting our president will sign a big name, Valdivia beeing one possibility. Not to forget we did sign RIVALDO in 2004 from Milan, wich was a HUGE transfer for Brazilian football at the time. We also got Guerron last year... so our president surely knows how to pull up a big card when he wants...

Btw, i know u problaby dont like editing, but id suggest editing Guerron speed ratings before u start ur game, he is COMPLETLY UNDERRATED(something like15/14), i gave him aceleration 19 and pace 18 in my game, that man can fly, he is as fast as anyone in the major leagues.

Last edited:

The defensive midfield is the highlight of Cruzeiro's midfield though, u have 3 very consistent DMC (so u can make a good tight diamond formation in the midfield) with Henrique, Marquinhos Parana and Fabricio.

I find interesting that you and a lot of people thinks like this :CONFUSE:
I think the exact opposite, its the worst part of the team because all three players you mention do the exact same job,
the 3 stay far too deep and doesn't fight for the ball, are all physically and aerial weak, does have good passing though, but then again doesn't offer that much offensively.

Could be the reason the side backs are playing very offensive and having good games but I prefer to get rid of one of this 3 (read Fabricio there)
and get someone who does want the ball back everytime and cannot be physically dominated like lots of teams did (read Estudiantes there).

Cruzeiro best midfield in last couple of years had Charles doing the dirt job and Ramires who offer something offensively,
you could add one of the 3 actual DMs we have now and that would be a perfect balanced midifield, 3 that are average at both jobs is useless.

Adilson shows glimpses that he knows about that problem, signing Fabinho (at least with good intentions, but he way passed his peak)
and trying to sign Leandro Guerreiro (not that strong but a guarantee that you will win the ball back) but its been 2 years and he still haven't fixed it, so I wonder if he knows at all.

But thats just how I like a midfield, a lot of people disagree with me on this but I stick to my opinion. We won't win anything big like Libertadores with weak DMs.

I find interesting that you and a lot of people thinks like this :CONFUSE:
I think the exact opposite, its the worst part of the team because all three players you mention do the exact same job,
the 3 stay far too deep and doesn't fight for the ball, are all physically and aerial weak, does have good passing though, but then again doesn't offer that much offensively.

Could be the reason the side backs are playing very offensive and having good games but I prefer to get rid of one of this 3 (read Fabricio there)
and get someone who does want the ball back everytime and cannot be physically dominated like lots of teams did (read Estudiantes there).

Cruzeiro best midfield in last couple of years had Charles doing the dirt job and Ramires who offer something offensively,
you could add one of the 3 actual DMs we have now and that would be a perfect balanced midifield, 3 that are average at both jobs is useless.

Adilson shows glimpses that he knows about that problem, signing Fabinho (at least with good intentions, but he way passed his peak)
and trying to sign Leandro Guerreiro (not that strong but a guarantee that you will win the ball back) but its been 2 years and he still haven't fixed it, so I wonder if he knows at all.

But thats just how I like a midfield, a lot of people disagree with me on this but I stick to my opinion. We won't win anything big like Libertadores with weak DMs.

Well thats your opinion and i respect it, but i disagree completly. Imo those 3 DMC are big part of why we could come around in the league and secure a libertadores spot. Imo they are dinamic DMCs(or MCs) they can pass, defend and make foward movents(2 of them can also shoot pretty well(Fabricio and Henrique).

Also, i dont think we lost the Libertadores cup for those reasons u said(interesting to mention we didnt use the 3 dmcs on the final, fabricio didnt play, i think that if he played our chances would be better, but he was injuried)i think we lost it for details(only 1 goal diference) we just had a bad game and they scored in crucial moments of the macth, thats why i think we have very good chances of winning it this year...

Anyway, lets not turn this into a Cruzeiro discussion thread...lets agree to disagree ;)

To sum up, in FM those 3 DMCs are pretty good, so thats the information that really matters to The_Special_One.

Sorry I don't have FM and never played it. Is it any fun? I remember elifoot years ago :P

Now about the discussion I think this is what the whole forum is about, discuss football, if you don't want to then stop contra-arguing.
What if the Brasileirão leads to a FM that leads to a Cruzeiro topic, its not OT to me.
The champ won't be back in months anyway, can't we talk about other topics?

Sorry I don't have FM and never played it. Is it any fun? I remember elifoot years ago :P
Its amazing..as deep as any football game can get.

Now about the discussion I think this is what the whole forum is about, discuss football, if you don't want to then stop contra-arguing.
What if the Brasileirão leads to a FM that leads to a Cruzeiro topic, its not OT to me.
The champ won't be back in months anyway, can't we talk about other topics?

Well, if u feel like discussing this go ahead, just dont count me in...
Like I said: I agree to disagree, i just dont feel this thread was suited for this specific Cruzeiro discussion, also i never brought the subject up all I was doing was just comenting on Cruzeiro's FM squad to help the_special_one since he asked.
After that u brought up the subject(wich we already been there LOL), I replied with my toughts, I did not contra-argue anything(since i didnt try to disvalue your opinion in anyway) for me thats enough since i already got your points(and respect them).. The problem about this is that Ive already argued alot about this in real life, so, theres really no need to start all over again, specially on an english forum :P :LMAO:

Anyway, maybe we should discuss the trasnfers that are happening in the league atm, like Roberto Carlos to Corinthians, i think that would be a good way to give the outsiders a good perspective of whats happeing in brazilian football(thats what i think this thread is for anyway)

Cheers man! :D

You're missing the point,

I'm just saying that this is a forum and if you can say Guerron is underrated, I cant say Fabricio is overrated?
You can say some players qualities and I cant say other qualities I see?

You post something but you're shut off for replies?

I think I'm not getting how this all works.

Don't think I don't respect your opinion. I didn't said it like you did every time you replied me but I do.

If I have something to say I will, I'm not chasing you, but that topic is of my interest.

Edit: But thinking about it I've should not brought that topic cause I don't know if FM stats suits my views.
I was excited and described my full view like I did on Benfica signs.
Sorry...

Last edited:

ok man, whatever ;)
Lets move on
U gave your view, i gave mine(same for guerron) lets agree to disagree.. i just dont think we need to keep arguing on this, its not worth it, not for me anyway....otherwise we gonna stay on this untill HIBBO scores, and trust me m8, that can might some time............... :LMAO:

Last edited:

Avaí had a really great season for a recently promoted team. I believe they lost just 3 games at home, reaching an incredible 6th place.

With a season like that, they surely would lose many players, and so their manager, Silas, who went to Grêmio.

Re: Brasileirão 2010 | State Championships

Cannot wait to see what shape Ronaldo is in this season, and if Adriano can carry on the form he showed in the league championship.

What's happened to Fred (the former Lyon player) since he went back by the way?

Back
Top Bottom