Boxing Talk!!

Grabbing:

November 2, 2013, Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, New York, USA. HBO Boxing After Dark, complete broadcast.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr.

Magomed Abdusalamov (18-0-0) vs Mike Perez (19-0-0)
~ WBC USNBC Heavyweight Title ~

Gennady Golovkin (27-0-0) Curtis Stevens (25-3-0)
~ WBA World Middleweight Title ~

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps
Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

Gennady Golovkin (27-0-0) Curtis Stevens (25-3-0)
~ WBA World Middleweight Title 7.5/10. Will watch and rate the heavyweight tilt later.

Aye. I heard it was a throwback to the 80`s and 90`s heavyweights. Both fighters should be elevated after the fight. I`m watching fights all day. I got a few to catch up on. My better half is away visiting her parents.:P

Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2) vs Karo Murat (25-1-1)
~ IBF Light Heavyweight Title ~ 8/10 I thought Steve Smoger was biased for Hopkins. Good tilt though.

Magomed Abdusalamov (18-0-0) vs Mike Perez (19-0-0)
~ WBC USNBC Heavyweight Title ~ 7/10. I don't rate it as highly as others. Too much prodding around. Worth a watch though.

2013-08-09 Francisco Vargas vs Brandon Bennett

Vacant NABF super featherweight title
Vacant WBO Inter-Continental super featherweight title

8.5/10 Good one!

Just watched Abdusalamov vs Perez very entertaining for a pair of heavyweights, a real shame for what has happened afterwards

I see that Dan Rafael has said Giovani Segura (30-3-1) vs Hernan Marquez (36-3) is a fight of the year candidate that'll have to be my next watch

Just watched Abdusalamov vs Perez very entertaining for a pair of heavyweights, a real shame for what has happened afterwards

I see that Dan Rafael has said Giovani Segura (30-3-1) vs Hernan Marquez (36-3) is a fight of the year candidate that'll have to be my next watch

I defn recommend that fight.

Adrien Broner has already surpassed Mike Tyson in my eyes. The guy is headed down a dangerous path. He`s so irresponsible with twitter and his crazy antics. Heck, he makes Floyd look like a prince. All of this stuff is making people dislike him. Weird thing is that Broner wasn`t even like this at all a few years ago. He was always gracious and respectful in his interviews. This all started when he won a world title. A prime example of how money can change an individual. He looked out of shape at the press conf. He better not overlook Maidana. He needs to be in tip top shape for that bout. Maidana has power in both hands and is natural welterweight. Broner`s power at welter is a mystery. He couldn`t hurt Paulie. I`m not going to make a prediction on it since Broner is a good boxer and has the skills to win the fight if he`s in shape.

Last edited:
Kell or Broner? On recent form assuming everyone is fit and motivated Khan beats Kell and Broner beats Khan.

For now Kell simply has not stepped up in class enough compared to either of them and on the last couple of fights of course Khan seems to already be declining (not just his chin).

I really do think Brook would give Khan and Broner problems. I know its based on one fight but the way he dispatched of Senchenko I was pretty impressed. Iam sure if Brook hits Khan with the same combo that finished Senchenko, then it's funny dance time again for Khan.

As for Broner I think there is still a big question mark for him at Welterweight. He couldn't really hurt Malignaggi, really makes the Maidana fight interesting. Obviously Khan is yet to box at Welterweight, where Brook has been naturally fighting at that weight for a while.

It would make 3 very interesting fights between them though!

I'm not sold on Kell Brook. He hasn't fought any tier 1 fighters. Same thing for GGG. Even though I'm a huge fan of his he hasn't faced "real" competition yet. He can forget about Mayweather right now. He doesn't have the fan base yet. That fight could be a possibility in 2015 though. In 2014 I would like to see GGG fight Martinez, Peter Qullin, and and Darren Barker. I think those are realistic fights that can be made. As for Kell Brook. I think a fight with Khan would make sense and make good money if it was held in the UK.

I know its based on one fight but the way he dispatched of Senchenko

It was certainly an impressive performance, but Senchenko is almost certainly well past his prime, Malignaggi TKO'd him in the Ukraine, Hatton who was obviously a very, very old man when he fought him was (for me) ahead on the cards against him, at this point it's still a case of Kell beating a B- (at best) tier opponent.

It was certainly an impressive performance, but Senchenko is almost certainly well past his prime, Malignaggi TKO'd him in the Ukraine, Hatton who was obviously a very, very old man when he fought him was (for me) ahead on the cards against him, at this point it's still a case of Kell beating a B- (at best) tier opponent.

Very true. I hope he can stay injury free and have a stab at the big time. Which ever route he now takes will be the step up he needs, exciting times ahead for him.

I was hoping Khan would have fought by the end of the year just to keep active. I'm not sure where he'll go next, Mayweather just seems too soon

Basically what Met said, I guess your right though, Senchenko really isn't the best but I suspect Brook has the power to hurt both Khan and Broner, wheras im not sure on the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom