Boxing Talk!!

Great fight.

Horrible decision but Groves walking in being the underdog and booed and leaving with everyone cheering him and being the favourite for a rematch says it all.

I was not a fan of Groves before. I am now.

Froch did himself no favours. terrible decision by the ref considering everything he was letting go with Froch and the amount of punishment he was taking. wasn't left long enough

also froch could of potentially had points took off him.

seems a bit corrupt to me but it was a good fight

I personally had no problem with anything Groves was saying or doing pre-fight as long as he was willing to back it up on the night and he did all that and much more.

Will be hoping he gets the rematch and beats Froch, he's really won everyone over even in defeat.

No robbery in my eyes. Groves was outstanding, but in that 9th round Froch absolutely rattled him against the ropes. There was a left hand in there that finished Groves and whether or not the ref stopped it Froch would have been straight back on him with another onslaught to end it.

To be fair boxing is like that, a fighter can dominate and it can get turned in the blink of an eye, for which it did to myself

He didn't even get knocked down Met! I mean I could understand if he'd been rattled a few times but why assume something? atleast give him a 10 count if your so concerned, he didn't even get the benefit.

End of the day, if the referee the fight could have been stopped at that point there were at least 3 exchanges were he could have stopped Froch too.

He didn't even get knocked down Met! I mean I could understand if he'd been rattled a few times but why assume something? atleast give him a 10 count if your so concerned, he didn't even get the benefit.

End of the day, if the referee the fight could have been stopped at that point there were at least 3 exchanges were he could have stopped Froch too.

It might be just me but that left hand and right Froch landed put Groves in alot of trouble. If the ref was positioned on the other side of Groves at that time then god knows what would have happened. Put it in this situation without the ref stopping so soon... split seconds after Froch landed his left and right Groves moved to his right with no defences at all with his head down, that would have only lead to another relentless Froch attack leaving the ref with no decision at all IMO.

The initial stoppage was way too early but it was only a sign of what would have happened just seconds after

Downloaded both cards in 1080i high bitrate, 27gb for the Pacquiao Rios card and 6.7gb for the Froch Groves card:

23 Nov 2013 Cotai Arena, Venetian Resort, Macao
This is a English version of the HBO PPV broadcast of the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios.
The Video Format is MPEG2
Entrances: yes
Introduction: yes
Between rounds: Yes
Interview(s): Both Fighters

HBO PPV Championship Boxing
Manny Pacquiao Vs Brandon Rios
Evgeny Gradovich Vs Billy Dib
Andy Ruiz Jr Vs Tor Hamer
Zou Shiming Vs Juan Tozcano
Felix Verdejo Vs Petchsamuthr Duanaaymukdahan

Carl Froch vs George Groves 8.5/10 BULLSHEEEEEEEEEEEET Real boxing fans know what went down.

HBO PPV Championship Boxing
Manny Pacquiao Vs Brandon Rios 7.5/10
Andy Ruiz Jr Vs Tor Hamer 6/10
Zou Shiming Vs Juan Tozcano 6/10

Last edited:
Froch v Groves

Nah, not for me, should have gave Groves a tad longer and the ref almost rugby tackled him, ffs. I wanted Froch to win, but that was a poor decision and as for the scorecards, WTF. I never really heard too much of the pre-match fight but seems Groves was saying some stuff, but as he said it was to get under his skin which it did. Froch was a bit of a dick after it though I have to say.

Manny v Rios

Good performance by Manny, thought the HBO guy was a bit harsh on him at the end saying that whilst he was still a good fighter he was starting to slip, for me he was brilliant throughout the fight and won practically every round.

FD

Sad how quickly boxing fans can turn against a fighter.

Great fight and who knows Groves may have lasted the fight. But tbh he was spent and looked to be on his way out. Don't get me wrong he was well ahead on points and fought a great fight up until round 9. But knowing how strong Froch is in the latter rounds I think he would have finished him there and then.

I've watched dozens of their fights and rate both boxers. A rematch would be another great spectacle.
For me Froch had a bad night and next time would put it right by beating him convincingly.

As for the crowd booing Froch I think was disrespectful for what he has done for British Boxing in the last few years. How was it his fault the ref stopped the fight, come on surely there aren't that many thick people out there. They treated him like pantomime villain. Idiots that is all I can say.

:RANT::RANT::RANT:

Last edited:
Sure, I hadn't bothered as I would imagine my thoughts are pretty much standard for anyone who watched both fights!

Froch v Groves:

Groves fought a brilliant fight, battered Froch from pillar to post for 7 rounds, Froch landed very little on him and certainly not one punch showed any impact on Groves whereas Groves' punches staggered Froch numerous times (besides the one that had him semi-conscious on the way down. Obviously Groves got careless/tired in the 8th/9th but the fight should never in a million years be stopped, look at Froch Kessler 1, both fighters there took way more punishment and at times were more hurt than Groves ever was, horrific refereeing, worst I've ever seen in the 30 years I've been watching boxing. Froch deserves the boos he was a tail in the interview as well.

Yesterday I watched the last 30 seconds again in the cold light of day and if anything it's a worse decision from how I felt watching it the first time, sure he took a couple of hard, clean shots but Froch must have taken 50 during the course of the fight, including being semi-conscious in the first, yet he was given the benefit of the doubt and allowed to continue.

Pacqiuao v Rios:

Obviously on paper a brilliant performance by Manny who seemed to take a few years off compared to his last few performances, two main factors, one he took the fight seriously, trained properly, less distractions, and two Rios was obviously tailor-made for him, much slower, far less skilled, no plan b type fighter, tough as nails and a really fun character but completely wrong to be a Manny opponent. That said as dominant as it was you could see Manny had to work really hard to not be hit and despite that took over a 100 punches, for a fight he so clearly dominated that has to be a concern, although the good thing after being massively knocked out is that despite taking a few pretty big shots from a much bigger opponent he didn't look remotely hurt by any of them. If Manny can keep the same amount of focus/dedication for training I think he probably still has a couple more fights left at the top level, probably no longer in the Mayweather class (or as close as he ever was) but a Bradley rematch for example could be a good fight.

November 26, 2013, BB&T Center, Sunrise, Florida. Goldenboy on Fox , complete broadcast.

Commentary by Alan Masengale and Brian Adams.

Thomas Williams (14-0-0) vs Yusaf Mack (31-6-2)
~ Lt Heavyweight - 10 Rds ~
Randy Cabllero (19-0-0) vs Jessy Cruz (10-5-1)
~ Bantamweight - 10 Rds ~
Antonio Tarver (29-6-0) vs Mike Sheppard (21-15-1)
~ Heavyweight - 10 Rds ~

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps

Figured it was interesting at least for Tarver's debut at Heavyweight :)

Hopefully the co-commentator won't dig his guitar out ;)

Former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) will face WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) in the main event of an HBO Pay-Per-View on June 7th in New York's Madison Square Garden, according to Carlos Narvaez. Sources close to the situation have told Narvaez that Cotto prefers the New York venue to stage that fight.

Credit goes to boxing scene.com

November 30, 2013, Colisee de Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. HBO Boxing After Dark, complete broadcast.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr.

Sergey Kovalev (22-0-1) vs Ismayl Sillakh (21-1-1)
~ WBO Lt Heavyweight Title ~

Adonis Stevenson (22-1-0) vs Tony Bellew (20-1-1)
~ WBC Lt Heavyweight Title ~

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps
:)

Watched 'HBO Legendary Nights - Ghatti/Ward' last night, brilliant documentary about those epic bouts and what lead after, had me all emotional by the end :CRY:

Watched 'HBO Legendary Nights - Ghatti/Ward' last night, brilliant documentary about those epic bouts and what lead after, had me all emotional by the end :CRY:

Glad to hear its good. haven't watched it yet. I think I have another HD Gatti doc on my HDD as well. Prenup to murder or something. I'll be pulling for Cotto against Martinez as he's one of my fav fighters of all time. Haven't gotten around to watching last nights bouts. Damn flu has knocked me out.

November 30, 2013, Colisee de Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. HBO Boxing After Dark, complete broadcast.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr.

Sergey Kovalev (22-0-1) vs Ismayl Sillakh (21-1-1)
~ WBO Lt Heavyweight Title ~ 6.5/10 Worth a watch!

Adonis Stevenson (22-1-0) vs Tony Bellew (20-1-1)
~ WBC Lt Heavyweight Title ~ 7/10 Worth a watch!

December 7, 2013, Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA, HBO B.A.D. Complete broadcast.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman, and Andre Ward.

Matthew Macklin (29-5-0) vs Lamar Russ(14-0-0) Middleweight - 10 Rds

James Kirkland (31-1-0) vs Glenn Tapia (20-0-0) - Lt Middleweight - 10 Rds

Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0-0) vs Joseph Agbeko (29-4-0)
~ WBA Super World Super Bantanweight Title ~

Also:

Paulie Malignaggi vs Zab Judah - Showtime
Date: 2013-12-07 Brooklyn
Format: HD MP4
Video Quality: brilliant
Audio Quality: perfect
Entrances: no
Intros: yes
Between rounds: yes
Post Interviews: yes

HD MP4

That one's being slow though so it'll be a while.

And then hoping to get Barker v Sturm in HD with English comms but you probably all saw that on Sky :)

Currently downloading the full Showtime card inc undercard in 1080i

2013-12-07 Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA

Main Event: Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah, 12 Rounds, Welterweight

Devon Alexander vs. Shawn Porter, 12 Rounds, IBF Welterweight Title

Erislandy Lara vs. Austin Trout, 12 Rounds, Junior Middleweight

Sakio Bika vs. Anthony Dirrell, 12 Rounds, WBC Super Middleweight Title

Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah, 12 Rounds, Welterweight 6.5/10

Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0-0) vs Joseph Agbeko (29-4-0) :ZZZ:

Darren Barker vs Felix Sturm 8/10

James Kirkland (31-1-0) vs Glenn Tapia (20-0-0) - Lt Middleweight - 10 Rds :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom