Boxing Talk!!

I can't see Groves pulling it off at all against Froch. The calibre of opponents and experience Froch has should easily see him win this one. Also apparently the two once sparred, Froch knew he was going to land a shot and pulled a lot of power out of a punch and still knocked Groves down

- Juan Manuel Marquez vs Timothy Bradley -
- Oct 12th 2013 - Thomas & Mack Centre, Las Vegas , Nevada , USA -
- WBO Welterweight Championship of the World - 12 Rds -

- SKY to GO HD Stream - MP4 – 1280*720 – 16*9 @ 60.000 fps -
- Audio AAC –188 Kpbs - Audio & Video Quality - Good -
- Source - *SKY to GO HD Digital Stream* -

Will also be grabbing the usual high quality version when available :)

Saw that this morning on the tracker. For some reason my ext hdd won`t read mp4s when connected to my ps3. I`ll wait later on in the week to see if a avchd file pops up. Anyone know of a good converter?

What about muxing to MKV? I watch stuff on my Popcorn Hour which has problems with some MP4 files as well as TS files but when muxed to MKV with MKV Merge they play perfectly.

I usually mux my mkvs to mpg so they will play on my TV. I'll try your suggestion though and see if it works.

Bradley vs Marquez

When I heard the first judge give it to Marquez I thought here we go again. If that would have gone to Marquez or even a draw I would have probably thought less about watching any future cards with any interest. Bradley's game plan was spot on, on the night, I was impressed. Not sure if that could be the end of the road now for Marquez, he looked quite old and worn at times in the fight

Grabbed:

October 14, 2013, BB&t Center, Sunrise, Florida, USA.
Commentary by Alan Massengale and Paulie Malignaggi.

Three complete fights.

Rau'shee Warren (15-0-0) vs Jhon Molina (34-24-3) - Featherweight 4 Rds

Errol Spence (8-0-0) vs Emmanuel Lartey (15-0-1) - Welterweight 8 Rds

Jermell Charlo (21-0-0) vs Jose Angel Rodriguez - (17-2-1) Lt Middleweight 10 Rds

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps
Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

Grabbed:

ESPN 30 for 30 'No Mas'

ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary series will continue on Tuesday night with the premiere of No Mas, an hour-long film that dives deeper into the unforgettable rematch between Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran in November 1980.

Looking forward to watching that 30 for 30. Leonard Duran 1 was the unforgettable fight for me though. What a brawl that was. I think I`ve watched it like 5 times. Real talk from Paulie. I actually agree with a lot of what he says. A breath of fresh air compared to guys like Roy Jones and Antonio Tarver who suck on commentary. Andre Ward is pretty good though and Foreman used to be alright.

YouTube - ZAB JUDAH VS. PAULIE MALIGNAGGI PRESS CONFERENCE [HD]

Last edited:
Speaking of the commentators what the hell was Larry Merchant doing back interviewing Bradley! I thought he retired. I am sure at one point he said something about the fighters going into the 15th round!

Rau'shee Warren (15-0-0) vs Jhon Molina (34-24-3) - Featherweight 4 Rds 5.5/10

Errol Spence (8-0-0) vs Emmanuel Lartey (15-0-1) - Welterweight 8 Rds 6.5/10

Jermell Charlo (21-0-0) vs Jose Angel Rodriguez - (17-2-1) Lt Middleweight 10 Rds 6.5/10

Highlight of the show was highlights of Dela Hoya vs Quartey in the 12th rd. Good memories:))

October 19, 2013, 1 st BANK Center, Broomfield, Denver, Colorado, USA.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr.

Mike Alvarado (34-1-0) vs Ruslan Provodnikov (22-2-0)
~ WBO Light Welterweight title ~

Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

:)

Great fight last night, fitting it preceded the Gatti v Ward docu.

Also grabbed:

Mikey Garcia - HBO 2 Days
1920x1080i 30fps
HBO takes a look at the two days leading up to Mikey's fight with JuanMa.

&

Legendary Nights - Gatti vs. Ward
1920x1080i 30fps
HBO Legendary Nights takes a look at the lives and three fights between Gatti and Ward.

Don't forget I have the Gatti v Ward trilogy available in HD if anyone wants to watch it before the documentary :)

Last edited:
Alvarado vs Provodnikov

Really good fight, Alvarado looked like he was starting to control it then all of a sudden Provodnikov gets him down and that was it from there. We can expect more exciting stuff from him I'm sure

very good fight.

I didn't know Khan pulled out of talks with Alexander, his fight with Mayweather really is going to happen next isn't it?!

very good fight.

I didn't know Khan pulled out of talks with Alexander, his fight with Mayweather really is going to happen next isn't it?!

The Khan Floyd fight is not set in stone. If it happens it will be in the UK because of the amount of interest the fight can generate. They can probably sell out a huge footy stadium. That said, If Floyd is smart he would fight Sergio before GGG does. This is the time to get him.

Last edited:
October 26, 2013 ,Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA.

Showtime Championship Boxing, commentary by Mauro Ranello, Al Bernstein, Barry Tompkins, and Paulie Malignaggi.
Three complete fights.

DeontaY Wilder (29-0-0) vs Nicolai Firtha (21-10-1)
~ Heavyweight - 10 Rds ~

Peter Quillin (29-0-0) vs Gabriel Rosado (21-6-0)
~ WBO Middleweight Title ~

Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2) vs Karo Murat (25-1-1)
~ IBF Light Heavyweight Title ~

Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

Plus the Kell Brook fight.

Not bad at all by Brook. Little worries that he got caught himself, but the ending he produced was pretty special. I'd love to see the Khan matchup. Either Alexander or Broner would be the more international fight he needs

Still early doors for Joshuah but he looks a beast!

DeontaY Wilder (29-0-0) vs Nicolai Firtha (21-10-1)
~ Heavyweight - 10 Rds ~ 6.5/10 - Worth a watch!

Side Note: Is it just me or does Paulie Malignaggi look like a barbie doll sometimes? How much make-up is this guy wearing?

Back
Top Bottom