Boxing Talk!!

Thanks Placebo

Arreola vs Mitchell
As Arreola said pretty much easy work, not sure about the press ups after the fight though!

Burns vs Beltran
Definitely the wrong decision. Not sure how Burns carried on with dislocated/broken jaw it must have been agony. Questions of if he'll ever fight again

And now cannot wait for "The One"

Last edited:
On top of all the action packed card The One. Did anyone see the first Porter vs Diaz? it was a really good fight, and there is the rematch I think Thursday.

Also I'm looking out any videos from last night as there appeared to be some sort of face off's / press conference (not sure which) between the fighters

Downloaded Mayweather v De La Hoya in HD as the wife hadn't seen it and wanted to watch it, interesting to watch it again after all these years, still think
Hoya won

On my FTP if anyone wants a good quality copy.

Thanks, I watched it last night, however...

I thought Floyd clearly won. I reckon De La Hoya won 4 rounds maximum and Floyd landed a lot more cleaner shots. I can understand what De La Hoya means about passing the blue print onto Alvarez though. A younger, fresher, stronger fighter with that game plan can really give Floyd trouble and thats what we have this weekend. Will be very interesting

Do you still have Mayweather vs Cotto on the FTP?

Edit : I cant see it on there, this will do YouTube - Floyd Mayweather vs. Miguel Cotto - Full Length Fights - SHOWTIME

Last edited:
Jeez, never knew Tommy Morrison passed away, sad news.

Didn't even know Mayweather was fighting this weekend.

Should be a good un, still think Money will win.

I'm also looking forward to Haye v Fury.

Also Ricky Burns fight:-

Poor decision for a draw, the other boy won it fair and square and was a poor display by the judges. Mind you huge heart that Burns has, 2nd round with a broken jaw and fights onto the end.

FD

Due to the risk of spoilers I probably won't post at all tomorrow until I've seen the two main fights, presumably most of you will be watching it live but if not just keep refreshing the FTP tomorrow morning until it's there, if you can download then it means it's complete on my end :)

I'll be watching it live but all my comments will be in spoiler tags ;)

I'll also be giving an HD version a download from the FTP tomorrow

I reckon Mayweather will meet the canvas tonight and just because of Angel Garcia I hope Danny's chin reaches row Z of the arena!

Really excited now bring it on!

Edit : Quite surprised a Porter vs Diaz II hasn't been uploaded yet, they were supposed to have fought on Thursday night but I haven't managed to spoil for myself or anything, so just wondering if it did happen at all

Last edited:
Yeah I'm the same as you, I used to be of the mindset that Danny is ok but it's his Dad that's a douche but my wife pointed out Danny could very easily shut his Dad up if he had a problem with it, so that makes him more of a cunt for hiding behind his Dad, plus I like how Matthyse is just the ultimate pro who loves boxing, he'd be happy not doing any of the PR bullshit and just lacing on a pair of gloves and fighting, gotta respect that!

Yeah I'm the same as you, I used to be of the mindset that Danny is ok but it's his Dad that's a douche but my wife pointed out Danny could very easily shut his Dad up if he had a problem with it, so that makes him more of a cunt for hiding behind his Dad, plus I like how Matthyse is just the ultimate pro who loves boxing, he'd be happy not doing any of the PR bullshit and just lacing on a pair of gloves and fighting, gotta respect that!

Exactly, have you seen the weigh in? In the one to one interviews at the end Matthyse was asked something along the lines, does all the talking Angel does get under his skin. He replied I don't know what he says, I don't understand English! Haha waste of breath for Angel!

Still going strong.

No way was that fight card worth 75 in HD. They conned us again. Also Kizer and freaking CJ Ross need to go. She cost a lot of ppl money tonight. If you have ever bet on boxing using Vegas lines and odds you know what I'm talking about. The money that was moving was insane yesterday. The most since the Tyson days. They were out to get him. Steve Kim from max boxing hit the nail on the head.

Bit late but just grabbed:

September 12, 2013 ,MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

Commentary by Dave Bontempo and Paulie Malignaggi.

NOTE: Show occured on 9-12-2013, and was aired here on 9-16-2013.

Errol Spence (7-0-0) vs Jesus Tavera (5-3-0)
~ Light Middleweight - 8 Rds ~

Badou Jack (14-0-1) vs Marco Antonio Periban (20-1-0)
~ NABF Super Middleweight Title ~

Shawn Porter (21-0-0) vs Julio Diaz (40-8-1) - Rematch
~ NABO Welterweight Title ~

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps
Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

Of special interest is Errol Spence who's tipped to be the next big thing and apparently knocked Broner out in sparring, so I already like him!

Wowzers:

1235225_10153260089735543_1884341729_n.jpg

Thanks Placebo I forgot all about Porter vs Diaz II, I even posted on the forum over there. Wow and that is a nice cheque!

Lots of boxing on in the UK tonight, Saunders vs Ryder both unbeaten on BoxNation. Mathews vs Woodhouse on Sky Sports which should be entertaining, decent under cards on both too

Haye vs Fury next week is off, Haye got a cut in training. Twice in a row now he's cancelled

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom