Boxing Talk!!

Shit! Hadn't heard it was off :(

Chisora tonight as well for the EU heavyweight title, hope he does well :)

Edit: Does look really bad:

Hayecut.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone seen Callum Smith before? I've watched him a few times now and every time I've been impressed. 6 fights in a row now he's stopped his opponent in the first round. Really good prospect

He's real young and unknown. Basically the jury is still out. He's only fought two guys with winning records. One dude he fought had 56 losses and only 7 wins!

I heard that too. GGG better not look past Curtis Stevens. Dude has a lethal left hook. We are gonna find out if GGG has a chin on him. Prob the fight I'm looking forward to the most this year after watching Stevens last 5 fights.

Off the top of my head there's:

Froch v Groves
Brook v Senchenko
Stevenson v Cloud
Quigg v Salinas
Klitschko v Povetkin
Bradley v Marquez
Provodnikov v Alvarado

I remember all them because they've all just been announced to be on sky sports or boxnation

Unsure if these are 100% confirmed yet but quite tasty if they do:

Khan v Alexander
Broner v Maidana

There's bound to be more

I'll add some more I'm looking forward to seeing

Naoko Yamaguchi v Naoko Fujioka 115
Andre Ward v Edwin Rodriguez 168
Manny Pacquiao v Brandon Rios 147
Yoan Pablo Hernandez vs Alexander Alekseev 200
Jean Pascal vs Lucian Bute 175

Devon Alexander vs Amir Khan is taking place on 2013-12-07 at147
Adrien Broner vs Marcos Rene Maidana is taking place on 2013-12-14 at 147

Deontay Wilder vs. Nicolai Firtha on Oct 26. LOL. America's great hope of the HW division. Holyfield, Bowe and Tyson are pissing themselves of laughter.

Last edited:
September 28, 2013, Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and StubHub Center, Carson, California, USA.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman, Roy Jones Jr, and Andre Ward.

Adonis Stevenson (21-1-0) vs Tavoris Cloud (24-1-0)
~ WBC Light Heavyweight Title ~

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (46-1-1) vs Brian Vera (23-6-0)
~ Light Heavyweight - 10 Rds ~

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps
Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

And:

Marquez vs. Bradley - HBO 24/7 Episode 1
1920x1080i 30fps

First one I'd say a 7/10, second one about to watch.

Same here 7/10. I give Chavez v Vera a 7.5. After this weekends fight I have a pretty good idea of what the main topic will be on the next Fight Game with Jim Lampley.

Last edited:
Stevenson vs Cloud - Chaves Jr vs Vera

Both put in quite decent performances. I was especially impressed with Stevenson, massively improved and not all about that left hand. Bellew would give him a good fight but I reckon Stevenson would have too much for him

I'm looking forward to watching Scott Quigg this weekend, hopefully he'll become another British world champion

Grabbing:

Wladimir Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin - HBO
Complete Broadcast-720p 60fps

This is a English version of the HBO broadcast of the fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin.
The Video Format is m2ts

05 October, 2013. Olimpiyskiy, Moscow, Russia

Commentary by:

Max Kellerman
Jim Lampley
Roy Jones Jr.

Wladimir Klitschko (60-3) vs Alexander Povetkin (26-0)
(IBF/WBA/WBO and Ring Magazine heavyweight titles)

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps

Need to watch it again, thanks mate. The German broadcast was utter shit. Commercial breaks all over the place (between every f'n round) and silly conversations. At least some chatting with Lennox Lewis, Big George and some strategy explanations by Eddie Chambers, Chagaev and Chris Byrd (before the bout).

Grabbed:

Saturday, October 5, 2013, Amway Center, Orlando, Florida, USA.

Commentary by Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman, and Roy Jones Jr.

Terence Crawford (21-0-0) vs Andrey Klimov (16-0-0)
~ Lightweight - 10 Rds ~

Miguel Cotto (37-4-0) vs Delvin Rodriguez (28-6-3)
~ Light Middleweight - 12 Rds ~

And:

Marquez vs. Bradley - HBO 24/7 Episode 2
1920x1080i 30fps

Crawford vs Klimov 3.5/10

Cotto vs Rodriguez 8/10

About the Wlad fight. Ya, it was boring and like others have said a lot of blame rests on the shoulders of the ref.

Povetkin v Hugger:

Referee was an absolute fucking disgrace, should never be allowed to referee a fight ever again, absolutely ruined any chance of the fight being competitive, I don't blame Wlad because we all know he's a cowardly fighter and he was only doing what the referee was letting him getting away with, should have lost his first point in around the 3rd round, and should have been disqualified around the 9th after losing further points for excessive clinching, pushing Povetkin down as well as throwing Povetkin to the ground repeatedly as well as forearm smashes into the face of Povetkin.

Povetkin also has to bear some of the responsibility for being so passive, he should have complained to the ref, he should have punched Wlad in the nuts as hard as he could, anything to show he wasn't going to stand for being repeatedly fouled. And of course Povetkin's corner has to take responsibility for doing absolutely nothing to force the referee to actually do what he was paid to do, if that was the corner of a US fighter one of the cornerman would be in the referee's face and chasing him around the ring to make sure he knew they weren't happy with his performance.

George Groves Q&A: 'Froch will not hear the final bell'

Now go out there and do it Groves. Don't be a bitch like Canelo. At least Hatton went after it against Mayweather. So what if he got knocked out. He went out on his shield a true warrior!

Back
Top Bottom