Boxing Talk!!

Molina has a decent record, although not sure if he's a big puncher.

Guess it's been well thought out to fight a distance man as opposed to a wicked puncher as Khan isn't the greatest for taking a clean punch.

FD

Interesting 'Hope' rather than think Placebo ;))

I think he should win but you really never know with Khan, We'll see how he reacts to the pressure Molina puts him under and if he ends up reverting back all his bad habits.

Good display from Khan, just what he needed for his come back. Lightning quick, pretty sensible in there. Got caught a few times but Molina didn't have any power to cause Khan any trouble. Molina was tough but I couldn't help feel it was a bit of a mismatch between the two.

Just seen Donaire KO Arce too, quality punch!

I think he looked more patient but made a lot of the mistakes of leaving himself open to shots (which Molina landed) and a bigger puncher would have hurt him. I think their were small improvements but he needs a lot more, I wouldn't like to see him face Garcia next because he'd probably get knocked out again.

Boxing is a very unforgiving sport - you can be very talented, motivated and dedicated yet with one momentary lapse in concentration you're on your backside seeing stars, and in no time the media are doubting your credentials.

Footballers regularly have off days, cricket players are bowled out for ducks etc. and yet they can come back stronger - boxers lose one fight and it forever stains their record and reputation.

I have a lot of respect for boxers, it takes guts to prepare for months and put everything on the line as they do.

I agree, I don't think there's a more courageous sport, they're in there alone and nobody can help them and sometimes they have to overcome physical and mental beatings to achieve victory, all that after 2-3 months of punishing training and dedication.

The boxing torrent site I use always includes a weekly schedule, eg:

Monday, February 11, 2013
Japan
Fuji – 19:00
Sanosuke Sasaki (11-1) vs Tomohiro Ebisu (10-2)
Shinya Iwabuchi (20-3) vs Valentine Hosokawa (16-2-3)
Yohei Tobe (4-1) vs Richard Pumicpic (11-5-1)
Hirotsugu Yamamoto (15-6-2) vs Hitoshi Ichiba (6-4-1)
Yusuke Morishima (22-19-5) vs Ryo Takenaka (7-2-1)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Thailand
Ch 7 – 15:00
Teerachai Kratingdaenggym (17-0) vs Dondon Sultan (18-20-3)
Kwanthai Sithmorseng (39-1-1) vs Jack Amisa (20-26-2)
Petchsamuthr Duanaaymukdahan (3-1) vs Laysua Sor Bongkru (0-0)
Chatpetch Sithmorseng (1-2) vs Plawan Boxing Gym (0-0)
Amin Sor Wangmoo (1-0-1) vs Yufah Phisajdaeng (0-0)

Friday, February 15, 2013
Russia
Boytsovskiy Klub – 18:30
Sherzod Husanov (16-0-1) vs Pavel Semenov ()
Ilshat Khusnulgatin (7-0) vs Fuad Muradov (1-7-2)
Aik Shakhnazaryan (3-0) vs TBA
Grigory Fedorov (3-1-1) vs Sergey Akimov (0-3)

Italy
Rai Sport 2 – 22:30
Krzysztof Szot (17-4-1) vs Brunet Zamora (23-1-2)
Samuele Esposito (13-1) vs Michael Isaac Carrero (11-20-3)
Fabio Tuiach (24-2) vs Istvan Ruszinszky (5-6-1)
Luca Maccaroni (4-1-1) vs Karoly Lakatos (11-40-1)
Fabrizio Leone (2-1) vs Jorge Ortiz (1-50-4)

Argentina
TV Publica
Ricardo Ramallo (13-3) vs Richard Vidal (14-2-1)

DirecTV
Fernando Angulo (25-9) vs Miguel Caceres (28-42-7)
Daniel Alejandro Sanabria (14-3) vs Walter Cabral (16-8)
Diego Chaves (12-3-2) vs David Ezequiel Guzman (4-6-1)
Juan Alberto Rios (10-0) vs Eduardo Ramos (4-15-2)
Abel Adriel (11-6-2) vs Bruno Ibanez (9-1)
Johnatan Martinez (9-5-1) vs TBA

Mexico
TV???
Luis Ramon "Yory Boy" Campas (100-17-1) vs Gabriel Martinez (27-5-1)

USA
ESPN2 – 9PM ET – Friday Night Fights
Delvin Rodriguez (26-6-3) vs George Tahdooahnippah (31-0-1)
Bayan Jargal (17-3-3) vs Chris Howard (14-2-1)
Adelita Irizarry (8-6) vs Aleksandra Magdziak Lopes (8-1)
Bryan Cruz (1-0) vs Pedro Andres (0-2)
Antonio Marrero (0-0) vs Enver Halili (2-0)

Saturday, February 16, 2013
South Africa
Super Sport – 19:30
Hekkie Budler (21-1) vs Renan Trongco (12-3)
Ryno Liebenberg (10-0) vs Flash Issaka (20-12)
Ilunga Makabu (11-1) vs Gogita Gorgiladze (12-0)
Kevin Lerena (5-0) vs Javier Corrales (7-1-2)
Thompson Mokwana (17-6) vs Matias Gomez (29-0)

Uruguay
VTV; TyC Sports (ARG) – 23:00 – Boxeo de Primera
Gonzalo Basile (57-8) vs Alfredo Brigido Ruiz Diaz (6-6-1)
Pablo Farias (23-2) vs Mauricio Caceda (9-3)
Noe Gonzalez Alcoba (29-2) vs Idiozan Matos (20-16)
Pablo Olivera (6-0-1) vs TBA
Celeste Peralta (1-0) vs Jeniffer Faccio (3-4)

Canada
TV???
Dierry Jean (23-0) vs Cosme Rivera (35-15-3)
Andrew Gardiner (6-0) vs Konstantin Piternov (13-2)
Ahmad Cheikho (8-4-2) vs Giuseppe Lauri (53-10)
Brandon Cook (8-0) vs Raul Saiz (8-7-1)
Schiller Hyppolite (5-1) vs Hassene Azouz Neffati (8-4-1)
Francis Lafreniere (2-3-2) vs TBA
Mian Hussain (3-0) vs Sylwester Walczak (3-3-1)
Pascal Villeneuve (0-0) vs Nuno Lagarto (4-9)

Mexico
Cadena Tres – 9PM CT

TV Azteca – 10:30PM CT; UniMas (USA) – 11:30PM ET – Box Azteca/Solo Boxeo
Alejandro Lopez (24-2) vs Jonathan Romero (22-0)
~ vacant IBF super bantamweight title ~
Hanzel Martinez (19-0) vs Alejandro Gonzalez, Jr. (15-0-2)
Jose Uzcategui (16-0) vs Rogelio Medina (30-2)
Sergio Nunez (7-0-1) vs Luis Viedas (7-7-1)
Rafael Guzman (8-0) vs Cesar Sanchez (3-9-3)
Emilio Sanchez (1-0) vs Ivan Diaz (0-2)
Juan Heraldez (3-0) vs Benjamin Romanino (0-0)
Angel Rodriguez (4-0) vs TBA
Sergio Ortega (10-0) vs Adan Gamboa (1-15)
Victor Garcia (6-0) vs TBA

Televisa – 10:30PM

USA
Azteca America – 10PM ET

HBO – 10:30PM ET; TV3 (DEN) – 03:00; Sky Sports 2 (GBR) – 8PM; Super Sport (RSA) – 04:30
Adrien Broner (25-0) vs Gavin Rees (37-1-1)
~ WBC lightweight title ~
Demetrius Hopkins (32-2-1) vs Charles Whittaker (39-13-2)
Sakio Bika (30-5-2) vs Nikola Sjekloca (25-0)
Vicente Escobedo (26-4) vs Edner Cherry (30-6-2)
Rau'shee Warren (2-0) vs TBA
Robert Easter (2-0) vs Jose Valderrama (2-3)
Jamel Herring (1-0) vs TBA
Wahid Raheem (3-0) vs TBA

UniMas – 11:30PM ET – Solo Boxeo
(listed under Mexico)

I can send you an invite? PM me your email address :)

I don't get people who get annoyed by boxers having a 'persona' because thats all it really is, just a character no different to people use in wrestling and they do it because its a great way to increase your profile and your pockets.

He's a great talent, look forward to him vs Burns.

To a certain extent ya. You had Tyson and his "unstoppable monster" persona, Ali and his arrogance, Dela Hoya the pretty boy, and mayweather as the villain. At the end of day fighters are a brand. They have to market themselves. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

The difference is those examples did plenty of interviews where they were essentially themselves and came across decent (well Floyd excepted but he's in the douche camp for me with Broner anyways), they showed a respect for the sport and their opponents often times, the only time I've ever heard Broner comes across fairly decent was in the "2days part 2" that I watched at the weekend.

Haye's been pretty open about having a 'persona' for boxing and the camera's, a lot of the build up for these fights are fabricated.

Apparently they hate each other for 6-8 weeks only for them to consistently become best friends at the end of the night.

Haye's been pretty open about having a 'persona' for boxing and the camera's, a lot of the build up for these fights are fabricated.

Apparently they hate each other for 6-8 weeks only for them to consistently become best friends at the end of the night.

Yeah I once saw Haye in an interview saying that he put all that on. He just made himself look absolutely ridiculous when he lost to Wlad Klitschko and then there was all that against Chisora... oh dear!

If you were all cool like me you would have watched 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' and Haye seemed like a top bloke in that.

Yeah Eric was a good character in there, but I wouldn't really want to spend much time with him. Haye I can imagine having a pint with and a laugh.

I don't know if fighters hate each other as hate is such a strong word. However, there are several fighters who dislike each other.

Did anyone watch that English boxer round table? Froch was giving Haye a really hard time, was great television :)

I saw that a few weeks ago, pretty good program. It appeared the boxers were making quite some honest views about each other very good viewing.

Back to the persona's... Broner after the Ree's fight did seem quite ok. Probably just proves that all the talk before the fight is just to build it all up, despite looking a complete twat!

Back
Top Bottom