Boxing Talk!!

Any chance I could have a peak ;))

Part 1 was OK, I thought it would be interesting with tension between Khan and Froch at the time.

Any chance I could have a peak ;))

Part 1 was OK, I thought it would be interesting with tension between Khan and Froch at the time.

I think you're mixing two conversations up, we're talking about HBO's "2 days with Adrian Broner part 2", which obviously you're welcome to see if you wanted to but it's not the English boxer round table we were talking about earlier ;)

Ya. Send me a pm. Thanks

Done :)

FNF

Roman Morales (14-0-0) vs Jesus Antonio Hernandez (10-0-3)
~ Super Bantamweight - 8 Rds ~

Lamont Peterson (30-1-1) vs Kendall Holt (28-5-0)
~ IBF Light Welterweight Title ~

Peterson's first fight since beating Khan with all the attached controversy, be interesting to see how he does.

Fraudley still cacking on about his journey and he is the only one who believes it. This man is in absolute denial. He is without out a doubt the most delusional boxer in this sport. He totally screwed up his career and constantly reminding us that we haven't seen the best of him. Lord please spare us anymore interviews with this chump. Oh and if he wins tonight!

Also grabbing "ShoBox the New Generation" from last night, two good fights apparently :)

Tureano Johnson (13-0-0) vs Willie Fortune (15-0-0) Middleweight - 8 Rds

Art Hovhannisyan (15-0-2) vs Alejandro Perez (16-3-1) S. Featherweight - 10 Rds

FNF

Roman Morales (14-0-0) vs Jesus Antonio Hernandez (10-0-3)
~ Super Bantamweight - 8 Rds ~

Lamont Peterson (30-1-1) vs Kendall Holt (28-5-0)
~ IBF Light Welterweight Title ~

Peterson's first fight since beating Khan with all the attached controversy, be interesting to see how he does.

Thx for the heads up. These fights should be available for dl. I think boxing needs another reality series show ala The contender. I know I would watch.

Ah! no problem Placebo, I remember when 'The Contender' originally aired, was a really good show, not sure how viewership of it was but im assuming it was during the big boom period of 'Ultimate Fighter' gaining a lot of attention for MMA and UFC.

Last edited:
Can't remember. Most notable names on season 1 were Sergio mora, Alfredo Gomez, Peter manfredo and ishe smith. The guy who was supposed to be the next dela Hoya turned out to be a bust. You can prob find it on YouTube.

Also grabbing "ShoBox the New Generation" from last night, two good fights apparently :)

Was this worth a watch? I cant seem to get on the FTP at the moment

I watched the Peterson fight...

He didn't look like he'd had a 14 month lay off! he had way too much for Holt. Apparently he's fighting Matthysse next too, that would be good

Hmm PC was offline earlier (having a lot of connection issues with my 360 so trying to identify where the problem is) but it should be up now...

I haven't watched that one yet so can't tell you :)

Edit: IP had changed, refreshed now so all good.

Last edited:
Any chance I could get a link to the Peterson fight?

Khan/Diaz has been made apparently, should be a decent fight.

Anyone got any idea how many weeks the Friday Night Fights has been coming on? Just 2013? I presume it's been coming on years in the U.S, just sort of wanting to know how long this "season" has been on. Peterson was on last week, if it continues with that calibre of boxers I just might have to watch every week

Is it something you download on a weekly basis Placebo?

Cheers

It's been running for many, many years, I think 15 maybe? I seem to remember Teddy Atlas has always done it and he's been on ESPN for about that long, from the wiki:

Friday Night Fights (titled on air as ESPN Friday Night Fights) is a television boxing show, of the American channel ESPN2, that shows a series of live boxing fights on Friday nights, usually at 9 p.m. ET. The program, which debuted in the fall of 1998 (shortly after the demise of USA Network's Tuesday Night Fights in August of that same year), is hosted from the ESPN Digital Center studio. This program is also presented in high-definition on ESPN2 HD. It also airs on TSN in Canada.

I generally only download name fights (ie someone I've heard of) or fights that have a good recommendation, that said there's no reason I couldn't download every Friday's FNF, last nights is the following:

Luis Olivares (Debut) vs Rafael Munoz (1-1-0) Lt Welterweight - 4 Rds

Willie Nelson (19-1-1) vs Michael Medina (26-3-2) Lt Middleweight - 10 Rds

Jimmy Williams (1-0-0) vs Ray Younger (1-1-0) Welterweight - 4 Rds

Billy Dib (35-1-0) vs Evgeny Gradovich (15-0-0) - Featherweight - 12 Rds
~ IBF Featherweight Title ~

I wouldn't say they're always of the calibre of Peterson's lightweight title defense in terms of "names" but they often have good matchups.

Seeing as you raise the issue I'll grab last night's for you ;)

Only thing I hate about it is the ESPN ticker but with my popcorn hour I just zoom to about 104% and then drop the frame down slightly in the panning settings and cut it off completely :)

Here's the last few FNF to show you what kinds of fights it generally covers:

Feb 8th
Tyler Asselstine(12-0-0) vs Baha Laham (10-0-1) Lightweight - 10 Rds

Kevin Bizier (19-0-0) vs Nate Campbell (36-9-1)
~ NABA Welterweight Title ~

Feb 1st:

Antwone Smith (22-4-1) vs Jose Luis Castillo (64-11-1) Lt Middleweight - 10 Rds

Carlos Molina (20-5-2) vs Cory Spinks (39-7-0) Lt Middleweight - 12 Rds

Jan 25th:

Tony Luis (15-0-0) vs Jose Hernandez (13-6-1) Light Welterweight - 10 Rds

Antoine Douglas (3-0-0) vs Emmanuel Medina (2-2-1) Middleweight - 4 Rds

Serhiy Dzinziruk (37-1-1) vs Brian Vera (21-6-0) Middleweight - 12 Rds

Jan 11th:

Brandon Holmes (Debut) vs Alberto Javier Esparza (Debut) Lt Welterweight 4 Rds

Brandon Gonzalez (16-0-0) vs Don Mouton (11-4-1) S. Middleweight - 8 Rds

John Molina (24-2-0) vs Dannie Williams (22-2-0) Lightweight - 10 Rds

Eduardo Dominguez (Debut) vs Joshua Montoya (0-1-0) Welterweight - 4 Rds

I see some weeks are skipped which may mean no FNF or the search engine isn't picking them up etc.

It's been running for many, many years, I think 15 maybe? I seem to remember Teddy Atlas has always done it and he's been on ESPN for about that long, from the wiki:

I generally only download name fights (ie someone I've heard of) or fights that have a good recommendation, that said there's no reason I couldn't download every Friday's FNF, last nights is the following:

I wouldn't say they're always of the calibre of Peterson's lightweight title defense in terms of "names" but they often have good matchups.

Seeing as you raise the issue I'll grab last night's for you ;)

Only thing I hate about it is the ESPN ticker but with my popcorn hour I just zoom to about 104% and then drop the frame down slightly in the panning settings and cut it off completely :)

You don't have to get last nights just for me mate!

I'd be like you to be honest just download the named/recommended fights. If there's any fights like that give me a shout please! Cheers

As for tonight it looks like Showtime have the only interesting card:

Richard Abril (17-3-1) vs Sharif Bogere (23-0)
~ vacant WBA lightweight title ~
Gary Russell, Jr. (21-0) vs Vyacheslav Gusev (20-2)

Will be grabbing that in the morning :)

Back
Top Bottom