Boxing Talk!!

10-2 Manny for me, horrible corrupt decision, there's no doubting JMM got robbed against Manny in the last fight, but in this fight Manny was robbed, they waited until he got the insurance to replace his stuff then went back and robbed him again...

The fact all three scores were 115-113 seems suspicious in itself to me.

I'm not gonna put stuff in spoilers. If ppl didn't watch the fight they shouldn't come in here. End of. About the fight. Yes, the majority of ppl prob had Pac winning as well. I'm not shocked nor surprised as I have seen many bad decisions in boxing and the ufc over the years. There's no judging system that is 100% perfect. As a fan you learn to accept it.

I'm not gonna put stuff in spoilers. If ppl didn't watch the fight they shouldn't come in here.

Or maybe they want to ask if anyone has links to share? Use some common courtesy and don't be ignorant to assume everyone has seen the fight, takes 2 seconds to use spoiler tags.

:CONF: Im losing faith in boxing, theirs just to much bullshit in the decision making on somewhat a CONSISTENT basis when it comes to the big fights.

How anyone can say Bradley won that is beyond a joke.

This is fucked up!

I'm done with Boxing. UFC is better anyway and after all this farce... forget it!

Looks a lot like WWE dont it ;)

496250330.gif

I don't get why boxing fans don't like MMA. There is far more action in a MMA fight than there is in 12 rounds of boxing.

Does my nut in how the majority of the time the fights are like Pacquiao Bradley with not much happening and it going to the judges. These are supposed to be top fights and big draws yet we never get a KO.

I don't get why boxing fans don't like MMA. There is far more action in a MMA fight than there is in 12 rounds of boxing.

There's your answer in itself, it's nothing to do with how much action there is or isn't in MMA.

Only casual fans choose a sport because of how much action there is (for example how easily Americans dismiss football), that's obviously their prerogative and I have no problem with them, but they're not real fans with opinions that matter, they're the ones who just watch Pacquiao or Mayweather fights, I watch 100's of fights a year, many with fighters nobody has heard of in here and they're far from boring, whether 12 rounds or 1.

If you're comparing the incredibly competitive UFC where you must be well versed in many different disciplines of martial arts and fighting (and not JUST boxing) to the rehearsed, pre-scripted soap opera that is WWE, then that tell us how much of a 'real' or 'casual' fan you are as well.

And by the way, bad refereeing decisions happen in UFC as well when it's left in the judges' hands. But this was as shameful as it gets!

:P Then you have me who enjoys all three.

The one thing I have against Boxing is it isn't under one house like MMA(UFC) and Wrestling(WWE) which causes issues unfortunetly and you can see clear decisions which are so bad they have to be fixed.

UFC clearly is the most consistent at the moment without question for delivering PPVS and thats basically down to the system in place, you can't duck fights.

If you're comparing the incredibly competitive UFC where you must be well versed in many different disciplines of martial arts and fighting (and not JUST boxing) to the rehearsed, pre-scripted soap opera that is WWE, then that tell us how much of a 'real' or 'casual' fan you are as well.

I've been watching boxing for more than 26 years, UFC hasn't even been around that long, boxing has had to survive immense challenges, mafia fixing, racism, emergent markets and changes of broadcast etc etc, when UFC has gone through anything remotely similar I'll start respecting it as a sport.

Cool clip Zeem. People seem to forget that UFC has a lot of bad decisions as well. No judge is 100% objective IMO.

I only caught the main event. Good old pier 6 brawl. Waiting for Chavez Jr. and Sergio to get it on. :BOP:

Ortiz quits again, strange fighter this lad is. seems talented but theirs just something about him that tells me his head isn't right.

Anyone else watch the two fight Showtime card from last night? If those two fights don't reinforce your faith in boxing nothing will ;)

Who was on? Ill try and catch up some how

Saw the Ortiz fight. Makes you wonder where he goes from now on. Was the talks about him vs Alvarez true? Not sure if that will go ahead now, plus he'd probably loose again anyway!

The undercard fight was actually the better fight: Humberto Soto (58-7-2) vs Lucas Matthysse (30-2-0) Lt Welterweight – 10 Rds (title eliminator to face Khan or Garcia), I can post it if anyone wants it?

Who was on? Ill try and catch up some how

Saw the Ortiz fight. Makes you wonder where he goes from now on. Was the talks about him vs Alvarez true? Not sure if that will go ahead now, plus he'd probably loose again anyway!

The fight was agreed if not signed, so he misses out on the fight now and presumably Canelo will look for a new opponent.

Edit: just stumbled on a http source for the undercard fight so may as well post it:

SBuMy.png

Last edited:
Turns out he's not a quitter after all...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tch-with-josesito-lopez-once-broken-jaw-heals

It was revealed that Ortiz suffered two fractures to his jaw in the bout, the first in Round 5, and the second one coming as the final round of the night, Round 9, was coming to a close.

The doctors said that the fractures had caused internal bleeding and Ortiz would have been seriously risking his health if he were to continue in the fight.

A titanium plate was put inside Ortiz's jaw and his mouth has been wired shut and will remain that way for around two weeks. The total healing time for his jaw is said to be around six weeks, but Ortiz will most likely not fight for the rest of this year.

With these latest descriptions of Ortiz's injury, he doesn't deserve the criticism that is being thrown his way about him being a quitter.

Agreed fair enough, the lad's going to have to put up with that for most of his career at this point.

A rematch early next year would be nice.

Absolutely he got that tag from the Maidana fight and it's a hard one to lose, did really well against Berto, then fucked up against Mayweather, still young though, considering how much his parents' actions must have really fucked with his emotional stability there's plenty of time, he's only 25 I believe :)

Wow! Sorry if I'm getting in the middle of something here, but I must say that I'm happy about Lucas Matthysse's victory. I hope he gets a chance for the World title someday, he deserves it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom