Boxing Talk!!

I Reckon its going to be war tonight, as some have suggested psychologically for Cotto if Margarito's punches feel like they still got plaster he could crumble.

No, box nation became subscription based couple of weeks ago (as was the plan from day one), superb network if you're into boxing, worth £10 a month of anyone's money, of course I would say that though cos I don't pay for it ;)

Here's Cotto v Margarito:

Last edited:
To be fair the eye was fucked from the Pacquiao fight but yeah Cotto hit him with some real power shots (Credit to Margarito for taking them) and the stare at the end was telling

Khan V Peterson next, think it will be pretty straightforward for Khan nothing spectacular.

6e14d30640.jpg

Last edited:
As the fight wasn't PPV I decided to sky plus it and have just watched it. Khan was pretty stupid and threw away his titles really. Crazy. Didn't like his moaning after the fight either.

Last edited:
Poor performance and deserved to lose, shockingly bad sportsmanship after the fight (now they've inquired about the referee? Why he was fine.

Think that's damaged any chance he had of being in the elite list of fighters.

Khan - Peterson was a good fight, not great fight IMO like so many people are saying. That said, it had some great moments. Looking forward to the rematch. Hopefully M.E.N Arena or the MGM Grand as the venue.

I didn't watch it but can someone say what happened and why Khan fucked up? I hear a lot of things about it.

I didn't watch it but can someone say what happened and why Khan fucked up? I hear a lot of things about it.

Khan was doing OK, and would've won on points but ended up getting 2 points deducted for 2 separate incidents of pushing!

I dunno Tim I don't think he deserved it regardless of the deducted points, a draw would have been fair but that wasn't good enough considering the type of fights Khan wants to attract at 147.

I'm lazy so I'll paste my thoughts from a boxing forum I use:

I'm an unashamedly huge Khan fan, I like him as a boxer and as a person, but despite that I thought it was a very, very shite performance from him last night and he deservedly lost, obviously if that fight was in the UK it would have been a Khan win, if it were in Vegas maybe a draw, but it was in DC and Khan knew that and should have put on a far better performance, his tactics were poor, you can take his shots? So what don't keep letting us see you hit flush on the chin over and over you just look like an idiot! There were 2 or 3 rounds in the middle where I thought he boxed and moved beautifully and made Peterson look stupid, but then he kept stopping and letting himself get messed up on the ropes, stupid, pointless, fight costing.

Regarding the comments he made after the fight, think attacking him for them are a bit harsh, he's 25, just lost his two belts, disappointed I'm sure with his performance. Glen Johnson is someone I have massive respect for and he was extremely bitter and whinging after he fairly lost to Froch so let's just put it down to the heat of the moment, I really hope in the cold light of day Khan will put his hands up and say that wasn't his best performance and not focus on what the ref did or didn't do, what the judges did or didn't do, learn from it and move on.

Ward vs Froch should be a great fight. Could go either way in my opinion. Time to find out how tough Andre Ward is.

Ward and Froch was a good fight. It proved who the man is at 168. Lucian Bute is next me thinks.

Ward v Froch

Managed to stay up as it was on a bit earlier than usual US fights.

Ward won it very easily, although Froch is tough as hell, certainly did back up his words that Ward couldn't knock him out.

FD

last night our guy Haxhi Krasniqi did a great match , hes a far cousin of Luan Krasniqi , maybe any of u guys know him a really great boxer , they both are from one village (Juniku) under my city Gjakova about 20 km near my home , one of my best friend its near cousin of Luan Krasniqi the guy leave now boxing but it was our hero in Kosovo

whatever this Haxhi Krasniqi its really prmoising boxer and with big heart

look at the video quick finish last night

YouTube - Haxhi Krasniqi vs Hakim Zoulikha 07/01/2012 Mbron titullin e Evropes

not bad tho , on of most greatest german boxer in last decade so far tho ;)

Not even that, sorry mate. Luan benefits from a suffering German Heavyweight Division and was hyped by German television (like every other not so bad heavyweight fighter) as the legit heir from Schmeling and to become the next German Heavyweight Champion of the World. At the end of the day (and fair enough) he was only good... far away from being great. Pound 4 pound you can fairly rank many German boxers easily over Krasniqi. Starting with Ottke, Beyer and all those young guns from today like Huck, Stieglitz or Sylvester.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom