Boxing Talk!!

This Saturday sees Haye taken on Harrison.

Looking forward to this one.

Can see Haye win, but if Harrison catches him could be lights out for Haye as I still think he's got a suspect chin.

Both seems to be a bit mouthy, but Haye annoys me more, so hope Audley wins.

FD

I'm meh about the whole thing, Fraudley is a cunt with no heart, Haye who I always really liked is a complete and utter bitch for taking this fight in the first place.

Well he's probably realised he's not at their level yet, which is also my opinion, couple of defences against AA class opponents to solidify his status as a top heavyweight and then a unification fight against one of the Klitschko's, but to chase them around for 18 months or so making out he's ready to fight them and then to turn round and fight Fraduley is just pathetic and undermines everything he did by winning the world title in a really top class performance.

Top class performance? Not for me mate, that Valuev was a joke, just a freak attraction to the sport.

Haye has done well, but I still think he has to fight a Klitschko and very soon before he can be taken with any real credibility.

FD

Top class performance? Not for me mate, that Valuev was a joke, just a freak attraction to the sport.

Valuev held a credible world title, had fought a number of B+ level hevyweights (with a few favourable decisions thrown in his way), Haye fought him and beat him in only his 3rd ever heavyweight fight, not to mention the size disparity is the equivalent (for example) of Pacquiao fighting Tyson, Haye comfortably outpointed him and came within a whisker of being the first man to knock him down, did you just look at Valuev's height or have you actually watched more than that one Valuev fight? It was a top class performance in anyone's book, solid tactical gameplan that he stuck too beautifully, reminded me of when RJJ beat Ruiz to win a heavyweight world title despite being much, much smaller.

Haye was brilliant against Valuev, even his biggest detractors can see that, surely?

I agree it's a bit of a cop-out fighting Harrison, it's purely for the money because he knows it'll get plenty of hype this end, nobody else will care though. My mates got a ticket and it's £70 and he's got a crap seat that's quite high up, Christ knows what ringside is like. 21,000 the MEN holds and then £15 for box-office, they're gonna make a load off a nothing fight.

It seems like Haye doesn't want to fight the Klitschko's on their terms and wants a fair cut of the money which is fair enough but he should have picked a better opponent, no doubt about that.

Last edited:
Nah sorry, just don't rate Valuev, granted I've only saw about 3 or 4 of his fights outwith the Haye one, Holyfield fight was very dodgy, I saw him lose against Chagev (sp?) and then the Ruiz fight were once again he failed to impress.

But Haye did what he had to do and done it well, just I don't think it made him 'arrive' at the HW scene. Although saying that the HW scene is poor anyway, I just think a Klitschsko fight or even a Peter (or is it Samuel, fecking always get his name round the wrong way) would be more of a marker.

FD

Harrison is one of the shittest fighters I've ever seen in my life.

Yes and no, physically he has it all, physically he could have been the next Lewis, tall, southpaw, fast hands, good jab, good punch selection, good power, but mentally it's what it makes him a fucking awful boxing, he just does not have a boxer's mentality, I've never seen anyone so unsuited to being a boxer actually being in a boxing ring boxing, half the time he just doesn't throw punches as if he has a mental block pinning his arms, really weird, he talks the talk, has the tools, but history has shown he's full of shit.

Will probably share Haye v Harrison and Pacquiao v Margarito at some point Sunday, anyone who wants them but doesn't want to risk spoilers in here is welcome to PM me :)

Haye v Harrison

There was no question in my mind that Fraudley would lose, but Haye embarrassed him. He single-handedly destroyed him with his right hand. Harrison had nothing.

Hmh I'm not sure what I think about this fight. Harrison wasn't a real challenge for Haye but it was interesting to watch. The Hayemaker is definitive a great fighter and I hope that he will fight against one of the Klitschko brothers.

Last edited:
PUT YOUR COMMENTS IN SPOILERS YOU TIT.

Agreed, that was pathetic. Harrison was worse than I expected. Total waste of time and money really but at least Harrison can retire a rich man eh?!

Hopefully Haye can get a fight with one of the Klitschkos's soon. Next year he says.

PUT YOUR COMMENTS IN SPOILERS YOU TIT.

Agreed, that was pathetic. Harrison was worse than I expected. Total waste of time and money really but at least Harrison can retire a rich man eh?!

Hopefully Haye can get a fight with one of the Klitschkos's soon. Next year he says.

Agree mate. He has to fight one of the Klitschkos now and unify his belt. We've waited long enough.

Pacquiao v Margarito

Wow, what a great fight. Pacquiao destroyed him, but credit for Margarito for staying in there, these Mexicans really are tough. Pacquiao really is one of the greatest fighters ever. A fight v Mayweather would be a dream matchup for me.

Pacquiao v Margarito

Wow, what a great fight. Pacquiao destroyed him, but credit for Margarito for staying in there, these Mexicans really are tough. Pacquiao really is one of the greatest fighters ever. A fight v Mayweather would be a dream matchup for me.

Yeah, there's something fishy about the drug testing thing that's holding back the fight with Floyd, but it's the only conceivable thing now... they can't not fight!

I thought this fight was over in the 4th but then Margarito fought back really well and won a couple of rounds, I was starting to get a feeling he might knock Manny down at one stage and even win the fight but it wasn't to be. Really brave from him but Pacman is just awesome. Great fight.

Will need to give the Pac vs Margarito fight a watch, seems to have been a good one.

On Harrison v Haye

What a sham of a fight, Harrison should have his purse taken ........................ and his make-up bag!! Big Pussy!

FD

Cheers Placebo.

Watched the fight on a decent stream last night, but I'll give it another go in a better quality.

As gorgeous as Froch's girlfriend is she's sure got a big potty mouth on her. Wish she'd shut up for 5 minutes so we can all hear the commentary/corner instructions.

Back
Top Bottom