Boxing Talk!!

Dirrell v Abrahams

hahaha, what a farce at the end. The guy Dirrell was winning, but he seemed to play up on that punch, could be wrong, but just looked dodgy. Never even knew the fight was on.

Haye v Ruiz

Guess it's a good win for Haye, but tbh Ruiz was poor, regardless of how Haye performed.

Audley Harrison v Michael Sprott

What an explosive finish, the fight was well out of Audley's hands, and it did seem that he was injured, but wow, what a punch to finish it. It was actually a decent fight I thought, it kinda went a bit off getting towards the middle-ish part of the fight.

FD

Have you been watching the Showtime docus about the Super 6 series? Pretty enjoyable, new one up on the 7th discussing the last fight plus previewing Frock v Kessler which should be a good one :)

Last edited:
Berto v Quintana tonight which should be an excellent fight, guess I'll also watch Holyfield v Botha just for the carcrash value.

Didn't know Holyfield was fighting, see he won the belt, some going for a man his age, although he should call it a day.

Re:- Harrison. Yeah I agree, time to call it a day in all honesty, maybe a fight against one of the other so-called names of the HW division to at least put down some marker on his career.

FD

I was saying to my mate before, Harrison should fight Vitaly when Haye fights Wlad, then if they both win they can have a unification fight. Not that that'd happen of course! :LOL:

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not just CRC errors? It's very common with mediafire, set winrar to keep broken files and it will be fine.

This is the error I have

! Pavlik vs. Martinez.part1.rar: Packed data CRC failed in 2010-04-17 - Kelly Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez.avi. The volume is corrupt
! Pavlik vs. Martinez.part7.rar: CRC failed in 2010-04-17 - Kelly Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez.avi. The file is corrupt

I followed your recommendation and now I'm watching the fight baby!!! :BAND:

Let's see if Boxing gets as much shit as Pro Wrestling did when Chris Benoit killed his wife child and himself when he went mental.

Just watched Vassell vs Purdy again.

Even better second time round, brilliant slug match. Dent was doubted due to not having gone past 6 rounds before but was on the front foot for the entire fight. That said Purdy did really well to last the distance given the number of hard body shots he took and even in the last round you couldn't rule out a KO for Purdy. Not stop action throughout, really good to watch even if it wasn't paticularly brilliant technically. Hopefully, Denton can move on to bigger and better things now although I think he's lacking something to make him a great fighter. The move from Frank Warren to Hatton has worked out really well for him so far and it seems more avenues are open for him now, just like Khan since he left.

Carl Froch (26-0) vs Mikkel Kessler (42-2)
~ WBC super middleweight title ~

Tomorrow, should be a good one :)

I can't say I'm surprised Kessler won. He is a good technical boxer and he boxed a clever fight last Saturday so thouroughly deserved the win. Even though it was a knockdown, not a slip ;). Froch simply cannot win matches with no defence and by taking a beating. He does land the odd punch here and there, but for me his offense hasn't looked that threatening in his past two fights.

As much as I like Froch (being a local chap) I feel that he'll struggle to come back if you doesn't improve his defence.

Last edited:
I can't I'm surprised Kessler won. He is a good technical boxer and he boxed a clever fight last Saturday so thouroughly deserved the win. Even though it was a knockdown, not a slip ;). Froch simply cannot win matches with no defence and by taking a beating. He does land the odd punch here and there, but for me his offense hasn't looked that threatening in his past two fights.

As much as I like Froch (being a local chap) I feel that he'll struggle to come back if you doesn't improve his defence.

I thought at the time it was a knockdown but on the replay nothing lands IMO, Kessler won it by 2 rounds for me, Froch threw it away, rubbish tactics, didn't listen to his trainer, got what he deserved, that said it was an incredible fight between two warriors, some immense bombs landed, great heart and chins shown by both, would like to see either of them up against Abraham as it'd be an excellent fight IMO, as I'd also really like to see a rematch between those two, they should make it happen in Super Six round 3 in Nottingham :)

Back
Top Bottom