Boxing Talk!!

I thought it was a pretty shit fight to be honest.

Not even one knockdown!? Totally one sided. What a waste of my time!

me too
boxing really needs to step it up
they need to put good fights, when 2 fighters have different promoters (de la Hoya on one side, and Arum on the other side), this sport becomes a stupid thing

This is as bad as the time in which Don King was around.
Now it's Arum vs de la Hoya, placing fights that nobody wants to see

I thought it was a pretty shit fight to be honest.

Not even one knockdown!? Totally one sided. What a waste of my time!

The spoiler wasn't needed, what you thought of the fight is a spoiler.

I'd hardly call it a shit fight, perhaps not one for casual boxing fans but for those who enjoy the sport there was certainly plenty to enjoy and admire. If you can only enjoy a fight if there's a knockdown then I'd suggest you stick to MMA and give up on boxing as it's obviously not for you, some of the greatest fights I've ever watched have not had a single knockdown,Tua v Ibeabuchi springs to mind. Pretty sure that at least one or two of the Gatti v Ward trilogy also had no knockdowns but is still considered by many as the greatest boxing trilogy ever.

Last edited:
Fair comments, Placebo. I just like to have a bit of excitement when I watch stuff. I shall probably keep watching boxing, but maybe only big fights. Oh and I want to watch a Prizefighter one night too :)).

Fair comments, Placebo. I just like to have a bit of excitement when I watch stuff. I shall probably keep watching boxing, but maybe only big fights. Oh and I want to watch a Prizefighter one night too :)).

Don't watch
the last two then, there were no knockdowns or stoppages, they were enjoyable though, but for excitement the best one (unsurprisingly) was the heavyweights :)

The fight was rubbish because Josh Clotty was a joke. I dont wanna ever see him fight again. He did nothing at all.

The undercard was horrible and the main event was worse!!

Bob Arum is a snake and needs to stop this BS promoting. Pacman needs to stop with the "I want to fight mayweather talk" and just agree to do the required drug tests.

He has to fight mayweather once mayweather puts suger shane in his place.

Clottey vs Pacquaio

I was led to believe that Clottey had never been put down in his career, so it always favoured a points victory. I have to admit and say I haven't saw it, but I'll download that and take a quick buzz through it.

Is the next fight up for tv not the David Haye vs Ruiz fight? Is that not the one your seeing advertised?

FD

Clottey vs Pacquaio

I was led to believe that Clottey had never been put down in his career, so it always favoured a points victory. I have to admit and say I haven't saw it, but I'll download that and take a quick buzz through it.

Is the next fight up for tv not the David Haye vs Ruiz fight? Is that not the one your seeing advertised?

FD

Yup never put down or stopped before.

Haye v Ruiz = April 3rd, will be a very tough test for him IMO, expect him to win but Ruiz is a benchmark opponent for anyone wanting to be taken seriously in the heavyweight division.

Wlad v Fat Eddie tomorrow, should be an easy win for Wlad, but it's the HW's and Wlad's chin so you never know, not seen anything remotely impressive about Eddie Chambers so far in his career, usually overweight, undertrained, so tomorrow when he takes his robe off will give an idea as to how seriously he's trained for it........

Harry Carpenter, the voice of boxing has died today at the age of 84.

Big Frank will be saddened I'm sure.

RIP HC!

FD

Not sure, it's in Germany so I think the main event will be something like Midnight-1AM CET

I'm downloading the Showtime series about the Super Six tournament from the Sho website so will share them when they're done, if they're anything like HBO's 24/7 they should be interesting :)

Not sure, it's in Germany so I think the main event will be something like Midnight-1AM CET

I'm downloading the Showtime series about the Super Six tournament from the Sho website so will share them when they're done, if they're anything like HBO's 24/7 they should be interesting :)

They are OK, nothing close to 24/7
it's like a mini documentary, nothing amazing, I still watch it though
I like the idea of someone doing a mini documentary before the fight, I love that

They are OK, nothing close to 24/7
it's like a mini documentary, nothing amazing, I still watch it though
I like the idea of someone doing a mini documentary before the fight, I love that

Yep same here, 24/7 is easily the best sporting documentary I've seen, hope they do one for Khan v Malinaggi, would be entertaining I'm sure :)

dirrellabrahamtaleofthetape.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom