Boxing Talk!!

Floyd's talking:

Mayweather: "He knows he can't beat me"

“Manny Pacquiao is the fighter and every time someone asks him if he wants to fight me, he says it is up to his promoter, he’s going to take a vacation, whatever the answer is,” said Mayweather today. “I have yet to hear him actually say, ‘yes I want to fight Mayweather.’ We are the fighters and if one fighter is talking about fighting another fighter, then they should just come out and say it.

Manny Pacquiao doesn’t say anything directly about fighting me because he might just know it’s not a fight he can win. He said during an interview he did leading up to his fight that he didn’t think I wanted to fight him and that boxing for me was just a business and I wasn’t interested in a good fight. But again, he never said during that interview that he would fight me. Why is he talking about what I won’t do instead of what he wants to do? Plain and simple, it’s because he knows he can’t beat me under any circumstances.”

Floyd continued, “Less than an hour after his fight Saturday night the talk turns back to me. Their whole promotion was just a Mayweather sweepstakes. They know it and anyone could figure that out. Why, because my name kept coming up and I didn’t even say anything. Even when he was interviewed on ESPN by Brian Kenny, he was asked about fighting me and what did he say? Not ‘yes I want to fight Mayweather or bring it on.’ But no! He said ‘hum, ahh, well talk to my promoter.’
“The world is much more intrigued by the thought of someone fighting me who can beat me. That is what everyone wants to see and the boxing world is trying to find that guy. Manny Pacquaio’s people have done a good job of creating an image of him to be this unbelievable fighter and now the so-called guy to beat me. But like all the rest, he’s not the one.
“There is boxing and then there is me. The rest are just falling in line behind me or are trying to get in line to fight me. And that includes Manny Pacquiao too.
“Tell Manny Pacquiao to be his own man and stop letting everyone, including his loudmouth trainer, talk for him. I am my own boss, speak for myself and tell it like it is. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight me, all he has to do is step up to the plate and say it himself.”

http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...700132,00.html 25 min interview with sky sports

Oh and for the people who seem to think PBF has avoided Mosley:

YouTube - WHO'S DUCKING WHO? SHANE MOSLEY HAS BEEN DUCKING FLOYD MAYWEATHER!!!!

Mayweather had been calling Mosley out since fighting at 135, but Mosley turned him down each time. I wouldn't say he was ducking him, but he knew Mayweather could beat him. To much was at risk. Now that Mayweather is the top fighter, I believe he's not giving Mosley a shot because how Mosley didn't give him a shot.

I cant believe I have never spotted this thread before.

I'm a huge MMA and Boxing fan. I never miss any UFC, StrikeForce, WEC or the 'late' Affliction cards. Looking forward to Mike Brown v Jose Aldo tomorrow night. I'm a big fan of Aldo, props to Brown though, his wins against Faber were very good even with Faber's broken hands last time out. His win against Garcia was pretty faultless, but he has his hands full with Aldo forsure.

Ricky will be fighting again by the way next year, probably June/July in either Manchester or Vegas, still nothing concrete, but Marquez seems to be his opponent. I dont like this match-up to be honest, Ricks a mate, but Marquez brings the tools to school if I'm honest. I'm out with Rick on the piss in Newcastle in 3 weeks, I'll find out more then.

How good was Manny by the way ? My money was on Cotto, too big, excellent counter puncher with a cracking bodyshot, everything that Manny doesnt like. But to be fair, Manny is a different animal to the fighter that drew with JMM the first time around. I cant understand how he manages to defy the laws and move through the weights and still look the naturally stronger fighter. I dont think the 2lbs made any difference, but fighting for a WW title at 145lbs is pure bullshit in my opinion.

Taking Manny's ridiculous handspeed and accuracy, amazing angles, and excellent set of whiskers as read, what impressed me the most on Saturday night was his pacing of the rounds. He sets traps, show's cute feints, then unloads with punches in bunches. He doesnt look to steal rounds in the 1st or last minute like Oscar for example, but more to inflict as much damage as he can with those bursts and lead rights and short left uppercuts through the middle. Very, very impressed with Manny. I have all of Cotto's fights on DVD, I've been a fan from the very beginning, but never thought Manny could do that to him. I appreciate Cotto does have an issue cardio wise in the later rounds, but he usually dictates the pace and has enough left in the tank. Tony didnt allow him that time, neither did Manny.

Manny reminds me a bit of Tito, once Trinidad was finished with you, the rest of your career was never the same. Hopefully this wont be the case with Cotto.

Last edited:
I cant believe I have never spotted this thread before.

I'm a huge MMA and Boxing fan. I never miss any UFC, StrikeForce, WEC or the 'late' Affliction cards. Looking forward to Mike Brown v Jose Aldo tomorrow night. I'm a big fan of Aldo, props to Brown though, his wins against Faber were very good even with Faber's broken hands last time out. His win against Garcia was pretty faultless, but he has his hands full with Aldo forsure.

Ricky will be fighting again by the way next year, probably June/July in either Manchester or Vegas, still nothing concrete, but Marquez seems to be his opponent. I dont like this match-up to be honest, Ricks a mate, but Marquez brings the tools to school if I'm honest. I'm out with Rick on the piss in Newcastle in 3 weeks, I'll find out more then.

How good was Manny by the way ? My money was on Cotto, too big, excellent counter puncher with a cracking bodyshot, everything that Manny doesnt like. But to be fair, Manny is a different animal to the fighter that drew with JMM the first time around. I cant understand how he manages to defy the laws and move through the weights and still look the naturally stronger fighter. I dont think the 2lbs made any difference, but fighting for a WW title at 145lbs is pure bullshit in my opinion.

Taking Manny's ridiculous handspeed and accuracy, amazing angles, and excellent set of whiskers as read, what impressed me the most on Saturday night was his pacing of the rounds. He sets traps, show's cute feints, then unloads with punches in bunches. He doesnt look to steal rounds in the 1st or last minute like Oscar for example, but more to inflict as much damage as he can with those bursts and lead rights and short left uppercuts through the middle. Very, very impressed with Manny. I have all of Cotto's fights on DVD, I've been a fan from the very beginning, but never thought Manny could do that to him. I appreciate Cotto does have an issue cardio wise in the later rounds, but he usually dictates the pace and has enough left in the tank. Tony didnt allow him that time, neither did Manny.

Manny reminds me a bit of Tito, once Trinidad was finished with you, the rest of your career was never the same. Hopefully this wont be the case with Cotto.

Hatton is finished and JMM would stop him. His punch resistance is gone and him going out on the piss and bad eating doesnt help. Seeing him on Sky on friday talk about possibly coming back but then mention he had xmas, new year and a holiday to think about first says it all. His lifestyle has always been a concern just now as his older its even more damaging. Also ask if him if he really believed he was winning that 2nd round v Pacquiao by a 'country mile'? It was better than the 1st but he wasnt winning the round at all and comments like that only show he must be punch drunk.

Pacman is special. I didnt expect to see cotto taken out like that. Awesome awesome display!!

The big thing was that Manny can take the punches. He has carried a strong jaw up threw the divisions with him.

Cotto threw some hammers and Pacman just shoke his head, banged his gloves together and came back out to fight, incrediable.

Hatton is finished and JMM would stop him. His punch resistance is gone and him going out on the piss and bad eating doesnt help. Seeing him on Sky on friday talk about possibly coming back but then mention he had xmas, new year and a holiday to think about first says it all. His lifestyle has always been a concern just now as his older its even more damaging. Also ask if him if he really believed he was winning that 2nd round v Pacquiao by a 'country mile'? It was better than the 1st but he wasnt winning the round at all and comments like that only show he must be punch drunk.

Pacman is special. I didnt expect to see cotto taken out like that. Awesome awesome display!!

He is far, far from punch drunk mate. More in denial.

Apart from that, I agree with every other single word. Spot on.

The big thing was that Manny can take the punches. He has carried a strong jaw up threw the divisions with him.

Cotto threw some hammers and Pacman just shoke his head, banged his gloves together and came back out to fight, incrediable.

He did take his shots but remember he could see all those punches. The punches that hurt the most are the ones you cant see. Mayweather has the speed and accuracy to really make his counter punches hurt.

Use spoiler tags lads, Cotto v Pac was recent enough for some to not know the outcome.

Did you listen to the interview at the end? Pac said he deliberately wanted to take Cotto's best shots to his head and body (when he laid on the ropes) so he could see if they affected him and work out his strategy from there, as we saw he took them, they did nothing and he knocked him down.

Hatton is done, finished, used up, he cannot take a punch any more, only way he can IMO ever win a world title again is to drop down a couple of weight classes to find opponents with no power.

Use spoiler tags lads, Cotto v Pac was recent enough for some to not know the outcome.

Did you listen to the interview at the end? Pac said he deliberately wanted to take Cotto's best shots to his head and body (when he laid on the ropes) so he could see if they affected him and work out his strategy from there, as we saw he took them, they did nothing and he knocked him down.

Hatton is done, finished, used up, he cannot take a punch any more, only way he can IMO ever win a world title again is to drop down a couple of weight classes to find opponents with no power.

Ricky Hatton VS Amir Khan ;))

Final bout of the first round of the Super 6 tournament tomorrow and it's in the US:

Mikkel Kessler (42-1) vs Andre Ward (20-0)
WBA Super World super middleweight title

Really, really don't wanna see that fight happen, lose lose for Amir.

Dont worry, you never will.

Final bout of the first round of the Super 6 tournament tomorrow and it's in the US:

Mikkel Kessler (42-1) vs Andre Ward (20-0)
WBA Super World super middleweight title

Good fight this, a real 50/50 pick 'em for me. Berto is certainly the cuter fighter, but as Kessler has already proved, he aint no mug either, and for me is the stronger of the two. Looking forward to it.

Oh and for the people who seem to think PBF has avoided Mosley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3HkxRSP2G0

Mayweather had been calling Mosley out since fighting at 135, but Mosley turned him down each time. I wouldn't say he was ducking him, but he knew Mayweather could beat him. To much was at risk. Now that Mayweather is the top fighter, I believe he's not giving Mosley a shot because how Mosley didn't give him a shot.

Yeah this was a few years back. I think Mayweather has offered Shane a fight a few times in the past, but Shane went on a 'vacation'.

Yeah this was a few years back. I think Mayweather has offered Shane a fight a few times in the past, but Shane went on a 'vacation'.

Yep and now Shane wants the fight. He could of fought Mayweather in the past but declined. Still Sugar Shave v Berto on Jan 30th should be a good fight. Berto has very quick hands but his open.

Khan V Salita then, Is everyone expected an easy fight for Khan? Salita is unbeaten but obviously hasn't fought anyone as good as Khan yet. Will be interesting again to see how much can has developed since his last fight and if he wins a fight with Marquez could be on the cards.

Did Khan train with Freddie Roach? Seems like bad timing to get the most from Roach as he was obviously focussed primarily on Pacquiao until only a couple of weeks ago. I know the Friday Sky card has a preview of the fight but I haven't gotten around to watch it yet :)

Khan v Salita
(Spoiler alert, if you don't want to know what happened, don't peek)
Damn, nipped for an Americano, came back and they were already showing the replay:P...

Shame, as I feel it's no experience for Khan but bang what a pounding, he was lightning quick; they said the ref stopped it as he felt he could not continue, but I thought it was the 3 knock down rule?...

Last edited:
Khan v Salita

Damn, nipped for an Americano, came back and they were already showing the replay:P...

Shame I feel as it's no experience for Khan but bang what a pounding...

Salita was a joke and way out of his depth. Yeah he won 30 fights but beat a bunch of nobody's. I dunno who Khan is gonna fight next but they better book a competitive fight. Zab Judah would be good for his first fight in the states.

Honestly I reckon this done 30,000 PPV buys max and 95% of people would of been pissed off with the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom