Boxing Talk!!

Ta Paul. Sorry I've been a bit off boxing last few weeks for some reason so havent been checking the thread. Hopefully Pac-Cotto and the Haye fight will get me going again :D

Seeing Cotto's face after the Margarito face again really makes me wonder whether we will see the same cotto as before that fight. That was a brutal loss. However I am rooting for Miguel on Nov 14th!!

Well he's talking the good talk, at least his training isn't so fucked up as Manny's, usually it's bad enough with all the pressure of PR and Filipino celebrity but now he's dealing with typhoon disaster all around him and even fighting between members of his support team!

Should be a good fight, I'm looking forward to Haye vs Valuev, sure it's on around 10ish which is good for us UK lot.

FD

Should be a good fight, I'm looking forward to Haye vs Valuev, sure it's on around 10ish which is good for us UK lot.

FD

Maybe earlier mate. 9.30 is what i heard Sky shout about.

Haye to pull out before the fight due to..

A. Phantom sore back.
B. Just shiting it

Hahaha, Valuev hasn't won that many of his fights via knockout so I'm not too worried for Haye's health, though of course it is a possibility.

Haye's problem is that he's gonna have trouble getting near enough to Valuev to hurt him and he's gotta use his speed and agility to his advantage here if he's going to have any chance of winning.

Can't wait now :D

Brilliant gameplan by Haye, worked to perfection and was much the better fighter tonight :D

Valuev was shit really, just so boring and nothing to him besides size.

Last edited by a moderator:
We not bothering with spoilers then?

What a shit fight. After watching MMA boxing is just crap to me now.

I thought it was a good fight with regards to Haye's movement and picking off punches, but you're right about the comparison to MMA. I've said it before that boxing just seems poor next to an MMA fight.

Fuck sake guys use spoilers, this has been spoken about before. Some people who did not have access to the PPV might be waiting to download the fight and not want to know the result.

Yep, I'm one of those people _Jumbo, so gee guys thanks a bunch. Came in here to see if Placebo had uploaded a version, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bother now.

Yeah poor fight and i thought Valuev nicked it because he was more aggressive and was pushing forward all the time even though he did miss most punches he was busier than Haye in nearly every round

Well done Haye though, we have a new English Champ again!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah poor fight and i thought Valuev nicked it because he was more aggressive and was pushing forward all the time even though he did miss most punches he was busier than Haye in nearly every round

But when you're up against someone of that size comparison, you can't expect Haye (or anybody under 6'2") to be as aggressive and push forward onto Valuev or they'll just be picked off by Valuev's reach.

Haye fought that well, he made Valuev tire out and took advantage of his mistakes. Trying to get into a slug-fest with Valuev would've been suicide and is the reason Valuev was the champion.

Back
Top Bottom