Boxing Talk!!

Lol, sorry :P. I do that quite a lot when people ask questions that a Google search would answer :D.

Pacquiao v Cotto should be a good fight, I expect a much closer fight than we have had in the other two "big" fights this year (Pacquiao/Hatton and Mayweather/Marquez), Cotto is a very good boxer who shouldn't be underestimated by the Pacman...

Agreed Rob. Cotto has the ability to win, Its a bigger fight than Hatton/Pacman but It just isn't going to have the same hype. Can't wait for it.

Agreed Rob. Cotto has the ability to win, Its a bigger fight than Hatton/Pacman but It just isn't going to have the same hype. Can't wait for it.

I think it will get the hype, Puerto Rican boxing community is way bigger than British, Filipino boxing community is way bigger than British, it'll get huge hype, probably just not on these shores, I for one am well excited for it, there's going to be a HBO 24/7 series for the fight which I'll gladly share here as before if people want it? :)

I think it will get the hype, Puerto Rican boxing community is way bigger than British, Filipino boxing community is way bigger than British, it'll get huge hype, probably just not on these shores, I for one am well excited for it, there's going to be a HBO 24/7 series for the fight which I'll gladly share here as before if people want it? :)

It will be huge but I really hope Cotto comes out of his shell on 24/7. Cotto isnt the most charasmatic guy in the business. Still this will be a big fight and one which Cotto can win. I think this fight will be very close. Cotto doesnt have the best defence so will get hit by Manny but as long as he isnt gun shy himself he can land bombs. Should be a awesome fight.

Carl Froch and the Super 6 Middleweight tournament to be PPV £12.95 before the night, £14.95 on the night for 2 fights:

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=623&y=2009&m=09

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/

Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy really doesnt know how to get Froch over. Froch could win this whole thing and still not be a star. They have 3 weeks to market and promote this and covince the hardcore and casual fans to buy this fight on a PPV channel nobody has ever heard of.

I'll have the Prizefighter bouts to share later, quarters, semis and final, please don't post any spoilers in here as there's no way I can watch them all before sharing.

What are peoples thoughts of Cotto knocking out Pacquiao. Im gonna make a bold prediction and say he'll do it.

It can be done but Cotto has to not be gunshy. v clottey at times he had clottey backed up but would only throw 2 to 3 punches. My only worry about Cotto is whether the Margarito defeat changed him forever. That was a brutal loss.

Trainer Freddie Roach never wanted Manny Pacquiao to train in Baguio City. He wanted his fighter to train at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California. He eventually gave in. Roach openly admits to the Philippine Daily Inquirer that he already sees trouble with the way the camp is run - and he is not happy about it. Pacquiao is preparing for the toughest fight of his career when he challenges Miguel Cotto for the WBO welterweight title on November 14.
Roach doesn't like Pacquiao's early morning runs with military cadets. More so than that, he really doesn't like Pacquiao's basketball games in the evening. He says the runs and basketball games are not part of Pacquiao's training regimen.
“No more fun and games. I’m a little disappointed at the way camp has been running. Running with the cadets was good and all, but we’re preparing for a fight here,” said Roach. “He can’t play basketball, run and train at the same time.”
“He could [play basketball] on Sundays, but not on training days. Training for the fight is hard work and he’s going to miss more days of running if he continues playing basketball. If I have to take out the rim or pop the basketballs, I’ll do it.”

£25,000 is a pretty shit first prize :((.

Not really. U have to remember the majority of fighters in this are just novices or guys not really going anywhere. A chance to win £25,000 when they will never earn that in a normal fight is good.

Hatton v JMM maybe?

In a recent interview with ESPN's Spanish TV program "Golpe a Golpe", Nacho Beristain talked about many issues including the upcoming superfight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto. Beristain also gave the TV audience tactical information on how the Pacquiao vs Cotto fight may go.

On Pacquiao and Cotto:

"His left hand is like a missile, like a rocket, it has tremendous speed and his power is tremendous," Nacho said about Pacquiao, who will face Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico on November 14 in Las Vegas.

Beristain also said, "The key to the fight is not only Pacquiao's speed but is also the fact that he has been better with his technique. He is a technical fighter now with speed and power, and that Pacquiao is very difficult to beat. If it was difficult before, imagine now, Cotto will be in a world of trouble when he steps in the ring with Manny, besides that, I don't think he recovered from the beating Margarito gave him, I think Pacquiao will win this fight."

On Freddie Roach:

"I think Pacquiao is lucky to have him in his corner, Freddie Roach is one of the best trainers in the world and he has a lot of knowledge and he has made Pacquiao a better fighter who used to have a lot of flaws in his style. Pacquiao used to jump when throwing punches and now he is doing great from a technical point of view and that is Freddie's work."

On Arce:

"I think Jorge fights with his heart, I mean in his last fight there was something emotional going on, his brother lost to this guy from Africa who is just a basic fighter and Jorge didn't do what we worked on in the gym. I know Jorge is also a good boxer, he is smart and he can move he has done it in sparring, but as I told him boxing is not just training; it's about discipline. For instance I told him to stay away from spices, ice, and many other stuff. Three days before the fight one member of his crew gave him ice and he was chewing ice because he likes it and because they told him is a good exercise for his jaw. I told him not to do it, and he did it anyway, and he got a terrible cold two days before the fight and he was done when he stepped into the ring."

On Hatton:

"De La Hoya told us there is a big possibility that the Hatton vs Marquez fight will happen. We would love to go to England and fight Ricky. Juan liked the idea and those are our plans. I think Hatton is a great fighter who will present a whole different style to Juan and Marquez will have to use all his experience and ring savvy to beat Hatton. I think Ricky still has a lot left and I hope the fight get made because is a good challenge and is a good fight for Juan financially also."

On Mayweather:

"We took the fight because the offer was real good and the fact that the fight was going to be at 143 pounds. But the day of the weighin, Mayweather came at 146 and we were really angry at that but then again I am not the promoter so we talked with Juan Manuel and we decided that we would fight because the public was paying to see the fight and even when Mayweather was not responsible enough, I have to say he is one of the best fighters ever, he has tremendous speed and he has a great defense, he is very confident in the ring and he is really good and smart, but Juan fought with courage, with heart, and refused to go down against the best fighter pound for pound in the world."

Nacho also talked about Israel Vazquez, and a possible fourth fight with Rafa Marquez. He said the fight is in negotiation and that if all goes well with Israel upcoming fight the fight is likely to happen.

Yeah it looks like it, don't know the time, but it did say early hours of Sunday morning..............arrrrrgghhhh! Looks like Abraham vs Taylor is earlier though in Germany.

FD

Cheers.

The atmosphere was fantastic down at the Trent FM Arena on Saturday/Sunday morning. However, the last entry was 11pm and the fight wasn't scheduled till 2:15am. So between then people were getting absolutely trashed and by 2:40am when it finally came on a lot of people were restless. Bloody yanks. Mind you saw 10 fights that night, 5 official fights and 5 unofficial fights in the crowd :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom