Boxing Talk!!

What does that have to do with Polish boxers? His wife's Brazilian.......

Hmm I have a much younger Brazilian wife as well, I better be careful ;)

I'm predicting a Khan win tonight by way of KO. I don't think it will be easy but I just think Khan's speed will be too much.

I think he'll win by decision. Thing with Khan is even if he's winning the fight all it takes it one mistake for him to get KO'd.

Yeah, true. I just can't see him making those kind of mistakes again with Roach as his coach. He's be training hard with Pacquiao as his sparring partner so he'll definitely be going all out to play to his strengths. He's been working on his footspeed in the ring also, so Kotelnik will have a hard time catching him.

I knew it :)) He definitely looked better again but theirs just something that makes you think he's going to get knocked out any minute.

Good fight.

Spoiler-ed just in case it's leading...

The fact he got caught once will always make you think one punch will down him, TBH that must be in his head too. You can't train to improve that... Good fight...

Decent perfomance from Khan. You can see what Roach is trying to do. He wants him fighting on his toes on the backfoot throwing quick flurries and then getting out of range. Whether that would work v a quicker fighter who can walk khan down and cut off the ring is a different matter. The problem with Khan never planting his feet in the exchanges is his punches dont really generate much power. Roach for good reason doesnt want him exhanging being in a position to get hurt. Well done Amir Khan on doing what needed to be done.

I hope now Warren doesnt do what he has done many times in the past and milk the cash cow v good but ordinary fighters.

"I would like to see Amir make his American debut soon," Roach said. "They would love him over in America. I am looking at maybe Erik Morales, when he makes his comeback. That is who I'd like to go against next, or guys of that nature. I have the new "Mexican Assassin" in Amir."

Quite funny to see Warren talk about Hatton needing to retire and a fight v Khan would be bad for his health while Khan's trainer is talking about a fight v a 100% shot mexican legend.

When was that announced? Cotto looked real promising before he got stopped but know I think Pacquiao will be too much for him.

When was that announced? Cotto looked real promising before he got stopped but know I think Pacquiao will be too much for him.

Announced yesterday. Cotto looked great before the Margarito fight but it is a possibility that Margarito used loaded gloves in that fight. Cotto can beat Manny. I dont think he will but he has the tools to win. Manny will have to keep moving and throwing shots to keep Cotto off balance and stop him having the chance to load up on punches. I pick Manny to take it between 9 and 12.

On the Khan talk, it looks like he could be leaving Frank Warren:

Khan’s trainer, Freddie Roach, who is given much of the credit for the 22-year-old boxer’s rebirth, says the Bolton, England native is a free agent as of this week.

“The Kotelnik fight was Khan’s last with Frank Warren,” Roach told RingTV.com from his Wild Card Boxing Club on Monday.

The veteran trainer said Khan will field offers from Warren, Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank over the next two weeks, so it appears the young titleholder and his inner circle have some thinking to do.'''

Why would warren get Khan a world title shot knowing Khan could walk afterwards. That’s crazy.

Haye v Valuev - November 7th 2009

Now this is going to be a great fight. It really is David v Goliath. Valuev is a full 7 stone heavier than Haye and at 7 foot the guy is an absolute beast.

For those who don't know Valuev

Nikolai-Valuev86.jpg

YouTube - Nikolay Valuev

Last edited:
He is a beast but he's slow, lacks agility, moderate boxing ability at best, and shockingly for his size severely lacks power, if Haye can come up with a gameplan to utilise his speed and clear boxing skill advantage he could tear him apart simply by targeting Valuev's always soft body for the first 5 or 6 rounds.

Haye v Valuev - November 7th 2009

Now this is going to be a great fight. It really is David v Goliath. Valuev is a full 7 stone heavier than Haye and at 7 foot the guy is an absolute beast.

For those who don't know Valuev

Not interested in this one bit. The fight is on PPV as well which is a joke. 7 days later is Pacquaio v Cotto. Now I assume this will be PPV. A huge mega fight which I have no problem paying for. No HW fights should be PPV. The division is a joke and has no real stars.

I take it you're not British then? Haye is one of the best fighters we have and wouldn't it be great to have a British Champion in the heavyweight division? Not since Lennox have we really had a chance.

Most fights are on PPV these days, it's just how it's done. If you wait a few days I'm sure Placebo will be kind enough to upload it.

He is a beast but he's slow, lacks agility, moderate boxing ability at best, and shockingly for his size severely lacks power, if Haye can come up with a gameplan to utilise his speed and clear boxing skill advantage he could tear him apart simply by targeting Valuev's always soft body for the first 5 or 6 rounds.

Very good points. I think as long as Haye's conditioning and stamina is bang on he'll hang in there. I hope he doesn't get smothered though.

I really hope Haye wins. I really like him, boxing bouts are about making money now-a-days and he sure knows how to drum up attention for his fights, even if the other guy is the better known boxer. Much like the case would've been if he'd fought Klitschko, there's a fairly high chance of him getting beaten but I think he's got a better chance against Valuev and if he wins he'll be able to negotiate better terms to fight the Wlad and Vitali.

I read that their management were trying to get him to sign a contract which would mean they could decide his next 4 or 5 fights afterwards so if that's the case I'm not surprised he backed out.

If anyone's interested: "The Freddy Roach Story as told on HBO's Real Sports" 375mb runtime 15 mins, includes an interview with Amir amongst other stuff, interesting to see how Freddy ended up where he is today, best trainer around IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom