Boxing Talk!!

Well seeing as we've already got some telling us the result.

Thought Pacman would win it, felt his speed would be too much for Ricky.

However, think some of you are being harsh on Ricky. He's been a good british boxer, just not good enough when it comes to the cream.

Think Mayweather will be too slick for Pacman. Although time out of the ring could play a part in it.

FD

- Jermain Taylor (28-2-1) vs. Carl Froch (24-0-0) WBC Super Middleweight Title

Mirror 1:
Jermain_Taylor_vs_Carl_Froch.part1.rar
Jermain_Taylor_vs_Carl_Froch.part2.rar
Jermain_Taylor_vs_Carl_Froch.part3.rar

Mirror 2:
Jermain_Taylor_vs_Carl_Froch.part1.rar
Jermain_Taylor_vs_Carl_Froch.part2.rar
Jermain_Taylor_vs_Carl_Froch.part3.rar

Please do not discuss spoilers for this fight or any other that happened this weekend.
Thank you for upping this fight :)).

I just watched it tonight and what a fight! Froch impressed me the more the fight went on.

When is the next fight worth watching on then? Between anyone, not just these guys.

i can remember watch froch a few year ago on friday fight night..hes from same area as me nottingham...jermaine taylor would of knocked most fighters out with some of them punches..it shocked them americans, it shocked me!!!!! wot a come back, wot a fight....he would knock joe calazage out maybe not a few year ago when joe was younger..

Last edited by a moderator:
When is the next fight worth watching on then? Between anyone, not just these guys.

Wondering that myself, Mayweather's return in June I think it is will be a big one, not sure what's before that, I usually post in here for interesting upcoming bouts :)

30th June isn't it? That's forever away, I have a vacation and the FNR4 demo comes out before then ;)

2009-05-09
Chad Dawson (27-0) vs Antonio Tarver (27-5)
IBF/IBO
Light Heavyweight

Should be a decent fight, will share.

Thanks for the links placebo.

And yah I can't wait to see Pacman vs. Mayweather either. And that could be the fight that finally puts him in his place and seriously devastates his ego.

But looks like we'll have to wait for that.....

On the Hatton issue,he's hard on himself by walking around 3-4 stone overweight and killing himself to get down to 10stone,Ricky will never be the same and imo is a very close to shot fighter.Roy Jones jnr was never the same after going up to heavyweight and then dropping back down.It's a case of "who ate all the pie's" Ricky lifted then dead british boxing scene,did it better than the "Eubank-Naseem" fanfair,Calzaghe just lacks any charisma,Khan is punchy and will be put to the sword soon,so it's Haye & Froch to give British boxing something to shout about.

If Hatton had had a decent trainer about 10 years ago he would be so much better than he ever became and is now, he obviously stuck with someone who was so desperate for a job he let Ricky get away with anything he liked and his training was vastly inferior to the likes of Freddie Roach and other top American trainers, once a boxer is in his late 20s he's pretty much learned as much technique/defence as he can ever learn, there are very few boxers who improve significantly beyond 28+ Lennox Lewis is probably one example of a boxer who learned new techniques and skills at a late age after being knocked out by McCall at the age of 29, and he did that by moving to arguable the greatest current trainer in Manny Steward.

You know your boxing pal.Hatton got caught up in the hype,he trys to fight like Roberto Duran,but hands of stone could move his head and threw more than one shot.He could've gone to any trainer in the world but Ricky just loses the plot on fight night,placebo it seems than when he's fighting someone he can't handle it comes out in the week running up to the big day.

30th June isn't it? That's forever away, I have a vacation and the FNR4 demo comes out before then ;)

2009-05-09
Chad Dawson (27-0) vs Antonio Tarver (27-5)
IBF/IBO
Light Heavyweight

Should be a decent fight, will share.
Not rushing you at all! But just wondering when this will be up, sometime tomorrow at a guess?

Yep, think your dead right Placebo, his training has caught up with him when he's moved up in class.

I still like him though, he's a great little guy.

Looking forward to Haye vs Klitchsko too. Good to see it's later in the month as I'm away on holiday at the start.

FD

Seeing as the Hatton v Pacquiao fight seems to have reinvigorated this thread I've decided to share a couple of classic fights with you, assuming I can get them ok.

Number 1:

David Tua v Ike Ibeabuchi - 1997, possibly the greatest heavy weight fight of all time.

Pretty dull fight to be honest :((. Both fighters were quite cautious and didn't really go for any knockdowns or knockouts. Correct decision for the winner too.

Thirded, it was a bland fight indeed. Cant think of anything else to say about it :LOL:

Thanks for both UL's Paul :)

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,15855_5342455,00.html

Floyd Money lol Mayweather talking. Not the smartest man you've ever seen. The way he sometimes seems to have difficulty communicating what he wants (stuttering or taking too long answering something and finally with unimpressive structure/words) is interesting. You'd think a man who is that sharp, athletic, agile and intelligent in the ring would possess those traits in everyday life but....

LOL.................

Actually he doesn't really, fantastic boxer. Although he kinda reminds me of Naseem Hamid, although actually top class, a guy who has such a big job who you just want to get KO'd.

FD

Hamed was class but unfortunetly lost the passion for the sport. In his prime he was class (shame he had no defence)

Nothing was class about Naseem,he was a little c*** who had no respect for the sport and was found out as soon as he hit the big time,no offence that's my opinion.Ali did the showboating stuff all the rest look like twats.

Chagaev vs Valuev fight cancelled due to problem with the Finish BA having issues with Chagaev's health.

FD

Back
Top Bottom