Battlefield 3

It's a great game. However, I have to concede; I think I'd enjoy these maps on BC2 more. Just not up to that same level of fun at the moment for me.

It's amazing how much they hammed up Destruction 2.0 only for it to feel like version 0.8 instead. Map design may be part of it, but I see many possibilities on most maps.

Oh, I've began MAV-surfing too by the way, just on one map - Strike At Karkand. I fall off quite often though. Splat. MAVwina and I had spent a lot of time together already, I felt it was right we took things to another level, so I ride her most nights.

Persevere with it until you unlock the G36C, excellent gun. Oh, and there's lots of fun to be had with mines ;)

The DLC maps were bigged up as some kind of solution to those of us wanting more destruction, Karkand in particular was supposed to be one where you can flatten the map but it never happens because people don't need to. I feel destruction worked better in BC2 because it was simply more integral to the experience, and integral to winning games, particularly because of the mortar strike that snipers had.

It's amazing how much they hammed up Destruction 2.0 only for it to feel like version 0.8 instead. Map design may be part of it, but I see many possibilities on most maps.

That fucking crane on Gulf of Oman could come down for a start. Imagine some well placed C4 around the base, sending those sniping cunts toppling.

Like LT, I'm thoroughly disappointed with the destruction in BF3. I'm wondering if Dice simply ran out of processing power to bring buildings tumbling down? They introduced a new engine and upped the graphics and effects, but perhaps that's at the cost of destruction 2.0?

Yeah I've seen that massive tower come down and land right by me, it was awesome. It came crashing down and stretched across half the entire map, flattening everything in the way. That was good, but then my mate noticed that it's been introduced after the patches as a scripted even that happens at a certain point in the game progress, I don't think you can actually destroy it :(

I was very surprised how little destruction there was in general, not just buildings. You'd have thought considering how amazing the game's tech was supposed to be, that firing a rocket at a thin wall made of sheet metal would bring it down or at least dent the bloody thing. But nothing.

Imagine how awesome it would have been in the indoor sections of Operation Metro if those columns, ceilings and wall tiles etc could all be collapsed.

Anyone else really hate the parachute?

In BC2 you tap it as soon as you jump off a building and it deploys and you're fine, no matter the height.

In BF3 you've gotta be seriously high up otherwise it doesn't work and you lose half your health.

Re: Re: Battlefield 3

Anyone else really hate the parachute?

In BC2 you tap it as soon as you jump off a building and it deploys and you're fine, no matter the height.

In BF3 you've gotta be seriously high up otherwise it doesn't work and you lose half your health.
Yeah this was part of DICE's plan to stop people getting around the maps like they're Batman. It's still a little faulty though, doesn't always stick to the new plan.
Yeah I've seen that massive tower come down and land right by me, it was awesome. It came crashing down and stretched across half the entire map, flattening everything in the way. That was good, but then my mate noticed that it's been introduced after the patches as a scripted even that happens at a certain point in the game progress, I don't think you can actually destroy it :(
You can destroy it I believe, shitloads of C4 on the numerous bases that attach to the ground, I remember seeing it on Youtube somewhere. Also saw a jet collide with it bringing it down - could have been coincidental though, the scripted collapse may have been happening at the same time?

EDIT: Just checked.. Yeah it turns out the "destruction" attempts were all timed perfectly, that's all. No manual destruction.

I got the game yesterday and I still can't believe that people don't understand or see the benefit of spotting.

DICE need actively do something it.

Yep most teams who have a collection of players who spot mostly win comfortably. I just don't understand why DICE don't have a tutorial video for the game before you first play. On BC2 I only learnt about how to do stuff via a YouTube video someone posted called 'how not to be a noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2'.

Almost all of what he says in that video is apparent for the BF series too.

Spotting is essential, I always have my finger hovering over the select button.

It is great for just pressing on the horizon or in dark spaces so you can find people that you can't necessarily see straight away.

Spotting is essential, I always have my finger hovering over the select button.

It is great for just pressing on the horizon or in dark spaces so you can find people that you can't necessarily see straight away.
Same here, finger near "select" at all times. It comes natural to me to just light everything up but it's more likely I'll be on a team where pretty much nothing is lit up before I do it, all match.

Just checked on Battlelog, I've 1266 motion sensor assists and I bet there's a fairly bigger amount of spot assists from when MAVwina & I were just friends. If I go look at any of the 10 legit highest scoring players you don't see a quarter of that amount. Looking at the apparent world number 1 "most valuable player", he has 20. There's not a lot of points in spotting unless you dedicate a lot of time per match to it. I think DICE would do well to add ribbons just for getting 10x spotting bonuses, or just double the current bonus amounts (which are 10 for spot, 20 for squad spot).

There should be some sort of penalty whereby if you're looking at someone on the opposite team and you don't spot them for your team mate and then they're killed by that person.

Probably impossible to implement mind you.

Either that or have someone constantly shout 'PRESS THE FUCKING SELECT BUTTON YOU USELESS BUNCH OF TWATS' every so often.

2 things.

1. spotting. Its silly it takes the environment true nature of game away. Hide in a bush? nope cant hide cause some dude is pressing q/select all the time and spots u, then kills u without even seeign u, he jsut saw your dot above your head. IMO sometimes I just shoot at dots and cant even see the players...its a bit cheap really.

2. Destruction. People complained there was too much destruction in bfbc2 and when maps get flattened its borign just a flat map. I guess they were trying to make a better balance?

However, both spotting and destruction have their pros as well

I do spot as often as I can usually spot, aim then fire and it get me killed most of the time but I do agree that it makes it not very real. On the other hand I was following Bobby who was in my squad with the MAV, It worked really well.

Yeah spotting isn't very real, but neither is reviving people back to full health ready to battle again in 2 seconds.

It is a great part of the game though and gives you other things to do within the game which I like.

People are complaining about the destruction, but there has to be a balance otherwise after a few minutes most of the maps would be the same in a pile of rubble.

I was ontop of a building today with Jay and half of it just fell away...the half I was on, that was pretty cool.

I play Hardcore mode and I always try to spot people but there doesn't seem much point in that mode as no icon shows up. I just do it to get the measley 10pts when the fucker gets taken down :))

I play Hardcore mode and I always try to spot people but there doesn't seem much point in that mode as no icon shows up. I just do it to get the measley 10pts when the fucker gets taken down :))

yeh I noticed that on hardcore the spot doesnt show up?

and there is no mini map in hardcore? or spots dotn go on the map?

Last edited:
Yeah spotting isn't very real, but neither is reviving people back to full health ready to battle again in 2 seconds.

yeh but revive is a part of the game, its fucnion of the medic it is a game after all.

IMO spotting is silly in that you can never ever hide. If someone spots me and i go ah fuk it Ill hide behind this tree or in this room it doesnt matter as im still walking around with a big fukin arrow on my head saying ''hey hey just gone hid behind that fooking tree guys!!!''

lmao

Well the spot lasts a fair few seconds..i dunno seems maybe even 15-20sec before it goes.

Maybe spots should only show up on the minimap not the persons head.

That way people know an area where opponent is but not the exact specific spot to shot at to get a head shot.

what ya reckon?

I played Hardcore, because I thought it took less shots for people to die, but I really didn't notice much difference?

I like the fact that if you kill somebody aswell, they can't see you in the kill cam, but it just really disadvantages me, because I die alot more than I kill :PP

The spotting in Hardcore is how it should be though you're right. But non hardcore I find more fun.

I can't believe I've never noticed but next time I'm on I'm going to test how the spotting works. In the beta it was changed so that if the enemy player had been spotted, but then left the line of sight of the guy who spotted him, then the arrow above his head disappeared. I'm not sure actually if they changed that back for the final version, which is odd because I spot all the time.

I don't run around like a headless chicken and mash the select button, I pick my moments, I survey the land and 'spot' where I think enemies may be hiding or coming from. If the enemies aren't clever enough to be random then that's too bad for them because I'll spot them every time and laugh as I take them out.

If your in a game with many selfish people (usually the norm) then spotting can be an even bigger relief for you and any like minded people in your team/squad.

Also does spotting still have that cool off period there was in BC2? I haven't noticed that either. Basically it worked whereby if you spammed the spot button too much (around five times in quick succession) then it was disabled for 10-15 seconds to make you be more selective. Haven't noticed if BF3 actually uses that to be honest.

That's how spotting works on hardcore: no info on the screen, just the minimap.
Just play hardcore :).

does it ill need to test it?

I foudn it funny on metro throwing smoke grenades on the stariway corridor and then spotting all the enemy and they prob did they same. SO we had all this smoke so you cant see anybody just dots and shot the dots adn make kills lol

Back
Top Bottom