Battlefield 3

So I was intending on buying some Microsoft points to get the "Back to Karkland" map pack. I loaded up Battlefield today for the first time in maybe a couple of weeks and I get a message saying I had unlocked the Karkland maps..wtf!?

Not that I'm complaining but I thought you had to pay for this?

Did you buy the special edition?

Thanks for the tips guys on flying. I'm also having trouble with the stinger rockets when I'm on ground. The aircraft almost 100% of the time bats them away with the flares I think, stingers don't seem to do anything. Any ideas or tips?

Oh and I tried the mines on choke points, very satisfying to forget about them and later on a vehicle and then randomly have a double kill flash up on screen :))

As I said, try and get two shots off with the stinger in quick succession as the flares don't recharge that quickly. Easier said than done as jets can fly out of range soon enough. Another trick is to call the pilot's bluff by locking on but not firing. Occasionally I've seen a jet dump flares as soon as they are locked on to. You can then let the flares drop, maintain lock on and then fire.

I was abusing vehicles last night, tearing the creepy engineers up with the proximity scan.
And when I faced a vehicle a guided shell from a safe distance plus one regular shot was enough to destroy them.
Once you unlock all the stuff you can be a lot of trouble if you play it smart.
Oh and its funny how some people don't spawn back in their deployments to get new vehicles, one time they destroyed me and I was back in a blink with an LAV even manged to kill them in the same spot.

As I said, try and get two shots off with the stinger in quick succession as the flares don't recharge that quickly. Easier said than done as jets can fly out of range soon enough. Another trick is to call the pilot's bluff by locking on but not firing. Occasionally I've seen a jet dump flares as soon as they are locked on to. You can then let the flares drop, maintain lock on and then fire.

Cheers bud, I'll give that a try :)

Finally blew something up in a jet, hugely satisfying! Got a nice double kill and vehicle destroy by shooting a chopper down :))

I seem to have pulled my socks up a bit now, getting better personal scores than I did in BC2. Finished one game on Metro CQ with my highest ever score thanks to a whole ton of revives and by best k/d ratio yet. The game was carnage but went down to the wire. Everyone was backing each other up, dropping health and ammo, laying spawn markers etc it was great. The game swayed from one sides favour and back again before we captured all the flags by pushing them back, and the ticket bleed saw us overtake them to win right at the end. This is what BF3 is like at it's best :))

Man I hate starting on the Café side in Operation Metro Conquest, because no one defends the 2nd stairway in the B flag, I try my best protecting with 2 claymores. Last night we got there first but the whole opposing team was coming trough that stair and getting people from behind while I was probably the only one who noticed.
Greedy bastards always try to triple cap before get a decent perimeter defending the B flag. People don't seem to understand that just 2 flags is enough for a win.
But that map is the best in my opinion the strategy gotta be so simple but yet is so much fun.

I do this every time as most people these days have flares so firing off a shot as soon as you have a lock is usually wasted. Much more effective method!

I had a dream that I could fly a helecopter in the game last night. Gonna try it now, had fun in one with Bobbybox flying yesterday. He just went up a few feet then right for ages until we hit some tree's and died.

I had a dream that I could fly a helecopter in the game last night. Gonna try it now, had fun in one with Bobbybox flying yesterday. He just went up a few feet then right for ages until we hit some tree's and died.

Haha I did a better one yesterday, The map with two plans ontop of the boat. it has one plane in front of the other, for some reason it put me into the plane behind and nobody was in the plane in front.

So I try to manouvre around the one in front, smashed into the one in front so completely damaged that and then fell off the side of the boat :LOL:

It was comedy gold! :LOL:

for me, it really improved the graphics.

the colours and even the little map in the corner looks so much clearer

it also improves performance for me as i can turn off MSAA and still have the quality. i am now running in ultra whereas i was running in high before

so it doesn't hurt the performance

only problem is no-one is sure if punkbuster can ban over this, it is some sort of injection but only graphics so not a hack to affect gameplay but lots use it.

makes a massive difference.. look at this screenshot
twxtujt7.jpg

more info here

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1454675-better-sharper-custom-fxaa-injector.html

video here YouTube - Battlefield 3 (BF3): EPIC Real Life Mod

It does look much nicer but my systme is old I play 1080p medium 0xaa

so can i use it?

5770 1gb
2.7ghz ram dual core intel 2
3gb ddr2 ram

I have radar and HUD on mine that is a separate modification to the .ini of the game. I didn't touch mine

I am using version 1.2 which has no performance decrease

Although have removed it fir now just to see if people are getting banned for it.

It should be fine on yours as mine ran better with it for some reason

I have radar and HUD on mine that is a separate modification to the .ini of the game. I didn't touch mine

I am using version 1.2 which has no performance decrease

Although have removed it fir now just to see if people are getting banned for it.

It should be fine on yours as mine ran better with it for some reason

tahts weird but good..just gotta see it aint being banned with punkbuster

Jeez, using the inra red scope has become very ineffective! I used to love using it in metro but I can't see a bloody thing now.

Anyone else having the problem of their gun selection resetting after every match? I used to be able to go straight into a game and use the same gun but I keep getting different guns now

Back
Top Bottom