Battlefield 3

well i nearly didn't get up for work today...

To anyone reading this bar becanes

where can i get battlefied 3 cheap on the PC, will only use it for multiplayer.

or am i better off waiting for a sale? what sort of price would it be?

can i buy second hand or are the codes online like the xbox 360

thanks

Wait till it goes on sale.

I'm strangely having a decent run on this again, not sure quite why as I haven't changed playing style. Maybe I'm learning to adapt to a situation better by changing classes, weapons when necessary, but that doesn't make up for the usual bad matchmaking I get & horrific tank-whoring, spawn-camping experiences. Not right had that for three nights now. Took out easily over 20 tanks in one two-hour session on Saturday and was never out of the top 4 players in any match.

There's definitely some major problems with multiplayer though - I feel my luck will run out next time, as three times lucky is just too much! One gripe I did have was sniping a jumping enemy on Wake Island from around 860 metres, getting the headshot & kill points but no marksman bonus. On the other hand though I had an epic moment where I was trying to capture (B) on Caspian Border but two choppers were clearing out the woodland I was sat in. After clearing out the last of the trees in a synchronised swoop, I was left exposed. They both turned around, swooped, caught each other's rotors and crashed into the rocks, splashing wreckage all up the hill to (C). Chuckle vision!

Haven't played on Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar & Damavand Peak in ages, I think it's a wise move. Three maps with choke points that encourage utterly random turret, cannon & RPG firing. Metro gets a game only when I'm on a roll already, UMP45 & Holo FTW.

Last edited:
I'm strangely having a decent run on this again, not sure quite why as I haven't changed playing style. Maybe I'm learning to adapt to a situation better by changing classes, weapons when necessary, but that doesn't make up for the usual bad matchmaking I get & horrific tank-whoring, spawn-camping experiences. Not right had that for three nights now. Took out easily over 20 tanks in one two-hour session on Saturday and was never out of the top 4 players in any match.

There's definitely some major problems with multiplayer though - I feel my luck will run out next time, as three times lucky is just too much! One gripe I did have was sniping a jumping enemy on Wake Island from around 860 metres, getting the headshot & kill points but no marksman bonus. On the other hand though I had an epic moment where I was trying to capture (B) on Caspian Border but two choppers were clearing out the woodland I was sat in. After clearing out the last of the trees in a synchronised swoop, I was left exposed. They both turned around, swooped, caught each other's rotors and crashed into the rocks, splashing wreckage all up the hill to (C). Chuckle vision!

Haven't played on Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar & Damavand Peak in ages, I think it's a wise move. Three maps with choke points that encourage utterly random turret, cannon & RPG firing. Metro gets a game only when I'm on a roll already, UMP45 & Holo FTW.

Not playing Seine Crossing is indeed a wise move. It's MW3.1. Some guy tonight finished with a bizarre score of 76 kills for 11 deaths by sprinting out in the open and spraying fire from the hip. No coincidence his name was something like 'BlackOpsRulez' or something like that. Says it all really. If Dice don't want people playing like COD so that BF can keep it's own identity, then they shouldn't design a game that seems to reward playing like COD.

Also, the lag just continues. I set an MCOM charge, fired a burst straight into some guy's chest as he made his way over to defuse the charge. He moved after I hit him, then I fired another burst into him. Amazed he was still alive and still didn't know where I was, I was sure a third sustained burst from about 20 feet away would finish him off. It didn't. 30 bullets did nothing, and his mate crept up and shot me, as I was clearly revealing where I was by trying to shoot down the hulk. EA's servers are shockingly awful.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330655147336

guys do you think that is a risk?

it is a russian version which i can redeem from origin and then replace the language files with english onces in the installation folder.

also it is not the limited edition so i would have to buy the new maps seperate, any idea how much they are?

Cjs keys are selling the Origin version for £14.99 or £19.99 for the limited edition.

Just get a copy from there, instant delivery of keys when you purchase.

your kidding...

i just bought it lastnight for £21 standard

edit: ok the limited edition is the russian version so i feel better about that however i could of got the same for £7 cheaper as i got last night.

i bought it from G2play

edit 2: aha, i don't feel so bad. they look like they are cheaper but it is in fact the russian versions if you click the ones with the karkland map it bumps it up to 33 even the limited edition, it is 19.99 without the map

standard is 14.99 russian jumps up to 21.99 for EU

i didnt want to risk or pee about with RU

Last edited:
:CRY:
your kidding...

i just bought it lastnight for £21 standard

edit: ok the limited edition is the russian version so i feel better about that however i could of got the same for £7 cheaper as i got last night.

i bought it from G2play

edit 2: aha, i don't feel so bad. they look like they are cheaper but it is in fact the russian versions if you click the ones with the karkland map it bumps it up to 33 even the limited edition, it is 19.99 without the map

standard is 14.99 russian jumps up to 21.99 for EU

i didnt want to risk or pee about with RU

:CRY:

going to give it a whirl on the PC later...

Might be on for our usual session later Becanes

--------------

regarding the switch from xbox 360 to PC

i take it i will have to start from scratch on the PC for multiplayer rank?

or will it used my battelog account with my xbox 360 GT... i am thinking the former

i forgot karkland was out today.. will deffo give that a whirl tonight.

how do i claim this? i got the limited edition xbox 360.

can't see a code to redeem and microsoft say it is 1200 points.

Yep, Origin is buggered since they released the Karkand maps earlier. Good old EA.

Origin screwed for me too.
Origin really is the biggest pile of shit ever released for the PC.

Even though I wanted to play FIFA and not BF3, but still EA really need to sort it out.
No backup facility like steam, but also what were they thinking releasing the BF3 maps at the same time as launching Knights of the old Republic.
Absolutely f**king useless.

P.S. I also hope no one from EA reads this otherwise I wont have an Origin account in the morning.

Last edited:
working for me now.

just played my first game of BF on PC multiplayer

going to take some getting used to control wise..

pretty gutted about the fps. shocking on ultra settings, dropping as low as 10.

if i set it to high settings i get about 40fps.

using latest drivers for my 6870

disappointed really, although the graphics on high still piss all over the xbox...(it just isn't as smooth because of the fps changes)

P.S - i have kept all my weapons i got from the xbox version over to the pc but i am 0 rank again.

any idea how i change my pc gamertag it is using a crappy one

Does anyone else find ALL guns feel like peashooters and take huge amounts of ammo to take someone down? I think it's server lag. Best moment tonight was pumping a shotgun into a guy from a yard away, nothing happened, then knifing him only to see my arm pass through the enemy player and again do nothing before he shot me.

Add to that the one billionth game in a row where the rush objectives get taken in about 20 seconds each and the game feels totally broken. Only reason I'm stillplaying is because it's the only game my mates play online.

But this lag issue is out of hand now, any distance further than 30 feet and bullets pass right through enemy players, any closer and one man takes an entire assault rifle clip before going down. If I see someone at roughly the same time and lose the shoot out EVERY time, when this never happened in BC2, well something's amiss.

To compound matters, some guy yet again hammered everyone with a score of 40 odd kills in one match. I checked him out on stats verse out of curiosity, he's already played it for over 320 hours. That's 13 solid days and it only came out a little over a month ago. That's crazy and I DON'T want to play against such hardcore lunatics. The sheer volume of them in every game is ruining it for the more casual of player (I thought I'd been playing it a bit too much at 16 hours in total, let alone some people's 300+ hours), frankly I wish they'd all fuck off into some dedicated server where they can fight it out amongst themselves.

Last edited:
these b2k maps are amaizng this is BF!!!!!

btw complainign earlier about tanks aking to many rpgs to blow up well if you use javelin or stinger? you can take out helis and tanks with 1 hit

working for me now.

just played my first game of BF on PC multiplayer

going to take some getting used to control wise..

pretty gutted about the fps. shocking on ultra settings, dropping as low as 10.

if i set it to high settings i get about 40fps.

using latest drivers for my 6870

disappointed really, although the graphics on high still piss all over the xbox...(it just isn't as smooth because of the fps changes)
P.S - i have kept all my weapons i got from the xbox version over to the pc but i am 0 rank again.

any idea how i change my pc gamertag it is using a crappy one

You really shouldn't be having these problems on a 6870.
When you say you have the latest drivers did you goto AMD's website to download 11.11 or did you download the beta drivers they released which improve performance in BF3?
These drivers aren't found on their main website.
Just google 11.11c

will give them a go cheers..

i downloaded the tool to choose the driver from amd and it chose the following

driver version 7.14.10.0873
catalyst 11.11

updated the drivers however it doesn't seem to be much different.

the details of the driver remain the same in msi afterburner

here is a screenshot of when i was playing BF

6870.png

6870pt2.png

it runs fine if i don't go full screen, but when i go full screen it lags

1920x1080 res on ultra

i am running my cpu at stock speeds 2.6ghz i7 920

Last edited:
You wont be able to get Ultra with that card, drop down to high. Ultra is more aimed at cards like GTX 580's and such. There's not much of a noticable difference between high and ultra anyway. Running on a 6950, I'm getting 30-40fps on Ultra.

New 11.12 ATI drivers came out last night, give those a go too.

i take it the cpu doesnt have much impact on the FPS and it is more GPU based?

looks like i will stick to high settings. what sort of FPS should i be looking for so the game doesn't look stuttery

i know FPS was slow will cause slow down etc but if there is not a stable FPS it just isn't smooth

the xbox 360 version is pretty smooth because of the constant FPS. Anyway to force a constant FPS in an ini file anywhere on the PC version.

CPU doesn't have much impact on games these days, it's all about GPU. I think Toms Hardware did some tests and they found BF3 is barely bothered about the CPU and people could run it just as good on Core 2 Duo's (or Quads) just the same as people who had i7's.

Anything over 30fps won't have stutter. 60fps is the ideal spot. I'd change your settings around until you're getting over 60fps, then turn on vsync and it'll lock it to 60fps max.

i will have a mess cheers

will look for someone who has worked out the best settings for this card, as i might be able to mix and max high and ultra settings

Just do trial and error. Run FRAPS, put everything on high, then knock up one of the settings to ultra and see how it affects the framerate. If it's still over 60fps, turn up something else. I think shadows are usually a waste as they make a decent hit to fps but don't show much difference so leave them on high.

Yeah, AA is a killer, I forgot to mention that. I never really put that up high unless it's an older game, mostly just leave it around 2x or 4x.

Back
Top Bottom