Battlefield 3

The current mine system is fine in BF3, especially with the tanks being as good as they are. It usually takes 4 or 5 RPGs to destroy one usually (there'll be a supplied as standard wizard inside, casting healing spells), but sometimes I can do it in 3.

This game just winds me up like no other. I died 15 times in one match and all were from rockets. People can't shoot for shit, they miss you, forcing you to take cover, and you can nailed on guarantee that a rocket will be coming your way within a second. Some arsehole in the other team spent an entire CQ match sprinting around Seine Crossing brandishing a rocket launcher, he finished on a ridiculous score of 41 kills, 47 deaths. That's fucking ridiculous.

As for the rest of his team, they would shoot then just use the rocket at whatever cover you're hiding behind. It requires no skill at all, and it's ruining the game IMO. It was basically a map of 20 people all using rockets as their primary weapon, against other foot soldiers. It's such a mess of a game.

This game just winds me up like no other. I died 15 times in one match and all were from rockets. People can't shoot for shit, they miss you, forcing you to take cover, and you can nailed on guarantee that a rocket will be coming your way within a second. Some arsehole in the other team spent an entire CQ match sprinting around Seine Crossing brandishing a rocket launcher, he finished on a ridiculous score of 41 kills, 47 deaths. That's fucking ridiculous.

As for the rest of his team, they would shoot then just use the rocket at whatever cover you're hiding behind. It requires no skill at all, and it's ruining the game IMO. It was basically a map of 20 people all using rockets as their primary weapon, against other foot soldiers. It's such a mess of a game.

With grenade/explosive perk you get like 7 or 8 rockets as well lol

Re: Re: Battlefield 3

Which is just too much. Except for the fact that there's so many tanks around, with often a full crew who can work together at fixing & firing meaning more & more rockets needed to kill. This game has really bad balance in areas!

If tanks were destroyed with 2 of either AT mines, rockets or C4, then.you could reduce the amount of RPGs available to two by default and 3 or 4 when using the explosives perk. I wouldn't even be against making the RPG a lock-on only weapon. People are dicks and will blindly launch their 2 rockets down an alleyway. Also, allowing AT mines & C4 to be launched forward (like in BC2), along with the latter being sticky, could help level things up a little.

Serious? That's crazy. But at least it explains why an entire team least night were using them as their primary weapons against other foot soldiers.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to love about this game, it's just that there are some ill concieved balancing issues that people love to leap upon and use over and over. The fact that if someone shoots at me and misses and I take cover, it's pretty much 50/50 that I'm going to get killed by that player spamming a rocket at the wall 10 yards behind me, is pretty annoying.

That said, I tried the Karkland map last night, was really good fun. I don't see the massively improved destruction though. The map is full of buildings to blow up, but they have no tactical point to doing so. To that end, because there wasn't much reason to do so, nobody was bothering.

Well on the other hand with tanks though, imagine yo are in a tank and you know 2 rpgs will destroy you, that sucks, 2 engineers could walk by you and destroy you in seconds.....

tansk can easily be destroyed by mines and c4, but this takes skill...i.e. sneaking skill or placemet skill.

Just started playing this on Rush and haven't won much but haven't noticed it being that bad yet. People on my team have been defending the bases etc etc. I do agree though, that there are too many tanks etc, they need to limit them.

I am crap at it, but hopefully will level up slowly and get better and also get to know the maps.

I loved BC2 and this is feeling good at the moment, hopefully I don't experience alot of what you guys are getting.

I think I may be done with this pile of shit already. I've still to find a single match in nearly 15 hours of playing that is an even contest. I joined a CQ match tonight and my team lost 0-200, with the top player on their team on a score of 44 kills to zero deaths by running people over with some stupid fucking radio controlled airborne robot. It's a total farce.

On another match, it was 9 a side. I didn't see ANY foot soldiers for 21 minutes, but ny that stage I was on zero kills for 8 deaths all via tanks, those small chopper things, or mortars. What a fucking joke.

Half of every team I play is now full of people who have played for hundreds and hundreds of hours already. Where the fuck are the normal people who play occasionally and actually have jobs?

Well on the other hand with tanks though, imagine yo are in a tank and you know 2 rpgs will destroy you, that sucks, 2 engineers could walk by you and destroy you in seconds.....

tansk can easily be destroyed by mines and c4, but this takes skill...i.e. sneaking skill or placemet skill.
I can see what you're saying man, but maybe the pace is a little different on PC, even with 64 players, I don't know really. Pretty much every game I have, it's really frantic. More than half of the time, I can't lay a mine without being spotted by a tank, being caught out by a speeding tank or being sprayed at by someone with a M16 half a mile away. Then when I am lucky enough to get some placed, even gift-wrapped in leaves or rubble, most tankers (wan....) have the thermal vision enabled or Russell Grant feeding them information, therefore the mines get the cannon treatment.

It would be of course an emotional time for the guys in tanks to feel threatened by 2-3 RPGs, but considering they have the deadliest weapon in the game may bring encouragement to try again, just like they do now, again & again. They aren't as fast as jets or choppers, but when you combine their agility, their options & power for the non-driving inhabitants, the speed it takes to be destroyed but get back to the action points... Tanks rule the roost over any anything else with wheels, air or feet. Bring them down a peg or two and the game will be more balanced.

Seine Crossing shouldn't have tanks / armored vehicles full stop. Would be interesting without them. It's not interesting right now. Damavand Peak would benefit from losing just the tanks and keeping smaller vehicles & the choppers. Grand Bazaar just needs demolishing into rubble and then put in Medal Of Honor's coffin.

Tonight, BF3 has proven that life likes to make you rant about something, so that it changes in the next attempt at it. Had a nice time on it tonight, but that's because I've been choosing my maps and sometime servers wisely. The latter being when I know off 30 seconds of play that things are as frantic as Lady Gaga's tapeworms. Mostly played on Wake Island and Gulf Of Oman on both Rush & CQ. These are proper BF maps. Nearly pissed my pants with a smile on Wake Island when I managed to hit (but not kill) a guy I tried to headshot on the carrier, it was near to 1,000m. He jumped into the sea after being wounded. The pace of the game on these two levels seems a little slower which I like.

It'll no doubt be horrific when I next play.

I think I may be done with this pile of shit already. I've still to find a single match in nearly 15 hours of playing that is an even contest. I joined a CQ match tonight and my team lost 0-200, with the top player on their team on a score of 44 kills to zero deaths by running people over with some stupid fucking radio controlled airborne robot. It's a total farce.

On another match, it was 9 a side. I didn't see ANY foot soldiers for 21 minutes, but ny that stage I was on zero kills for 8 deaths all via tanks, those small chopper things, or mortars. What a fucking joke.

Half of every team I play is now full of people who have played for hundreds and hundreds of hours already. Where the fuck are the normal people who play occasionally and actually have jobs?
I know your pain. I've had that kind of experience so much lately. Hopefully, custom games aren't too far away. I'd have all maps on rotation except Seine, Bazaar, Metro & Damavand. Then remove the bastard tanks & RPGs.

I just think it's designed for PC with 64 players. On console it's a mess. Teams are so spread out over the maps, more than half are on vehicles meaning that a map which could house 64 players mostly only houses 12 foot soldiers maximum. And half of them are lying prone in a bush or in a dark corner. It's so boring. Team mates are so distant, spread apart and few and far between that all night tonight, I genuinely dont think I saw one instance of anyone dropping ammo, health, anything. Half the stuff you can do is ignored because everyone's in a tank, plane, chopper or radio controlled death robot.

I can see what you're saying man, but maybe the pace is a little different on PC, even with 64 players, I don't know really. Pretty much every game I have, it's really frantic. More than half of the time, I can't lay a mine without being spotted by a tank, being caught out by a speeding tank or being sprayed at by someone with a M16 half a mile away. Then when I am lucky enough to get some placed, even gift-wrapped in leaves or rubble, most tankers (wan....) have the thermal vision enabled or Russell Grant feeding them information, therefore the mines get the cannon treatment.

It would be of course an emotional time for the guys in tanks to feel threatened by 2-3 RPGs, but considering they have the deadliest weapon in the game may bring encouragement to try again, just like they do now, again & again. They aren't as fast as jets or choppers, but when you combine their agility, their options & power for the non-driving inhabitants, the speed it takes to be destroyed but get back to the action points... Tanks rule the roost over any anything else with wheels, air or feet. Bring them down a peg or two and the game will be more balanced.

Seine Crossing shouldn't have tanks / armored vehicles full stop. Would be interesting without them. It's not interesting right now. Damavand Peak would benefit from losing just the tanks and keeping smaller vehicles & the choppers. Grand Bazaar just needs demolishing into rubble and then put in Medal Of Honor's coffin.

Tonight, BF3 has proven that life likes to make you rant about something, so that it changes in the next attempt at it. Had a nice time on it tonight, but that's because I've been choosing my maps and sometime servers wisely. The latter being when I know off 30 seconds of play that things are as frantic as Lady Gaga's tapeworms. Mostly played on Wake Island and Gulf Of Oman on both Rush & CQ. These are proper BF maps. Nearly pissed my pants with a smile on Wake Island when I managed to hit (but not kill) a guy I tried to headshot on the carrier, it was near to 1,000m. He jumped into the sea after being wounded. The pace of the game on these two levels seems a little slower which I like.

It'll no doubt be horrific when I next play.

I just think it's designed for PC with 64 players. On console it's a mess. Teams are so spread out over the maps, more than half are on vehicles meaning that a map which could house 64 players mostly only houses 12 foot soldiers maximum. And half of them are lying prone in a bush or in a dark corner. It's so boring. Team mates are so distant, spread apart and few and far between that all night tonight, I genuinely dont think I saw one instance of anyone dropping ammo, health, anything. Half the stuff you can do is ignored because everyone's in a tank, plane, chopper or radio controlled death robot.

I agree and im happy bf can keep their bfbc series for the console boys. Im a bf vetern and I want my pc bf games. Id say bf3 is a pc game ported to consoles lol irony for a change.

Pc maps not only 64 players are bigger size 5 vs 3 flag points...the b2k map pack will be even more bf style.

IN pc many servers are customised to infantry only etc...so you can prob find servers you like easier also.

Plus I think pc bf players play the game serious not like COD. Cod boys stick to consoles...True PC gamers only play COD4 MW1 on PC....thats the diff.

Pc fps gamers are way different than console fps gamers.

I really don't know mate, I put about 250 hours into BC2 online and didn't get near top rank. It's beyond my comprehension as to how someone can prestige within a month of release. I'd have to be unemployed and prepared to play the game for eight hours a day to do that, and I'd probably want to kill myself in doing so.

Like proxi I pick and choose my maps and game modes carefully now. The likes of Seine Crossing and Metro are just COD-esque camp-fest nightmares. Team deathmatch is a fast paced claustrophobic cluster-fuck. It's a shame because all game modes and all maps on BC2 were a pleasure for the most part.

If BF3 is more akin to traditional Battlefield as so many people like to say then I'll stick with my Bad Company. It's more realistic and enjoyable if you ask me.

If BF3 is more akin to traditional Battlefield as so many people like to say then I'll stick with my Bad Company. It's more realistic and enjoyable if you ask me.

the point is, its not....maps like kharg island conqeust 64 player are more like traditional bf.

Us pc players are saying this game is more codesq and bfbc than bf.

Caspian border 64 conquest and firestorm also more tradiiotnal bf. However flags are very close to each other, tradional bf had bigger maps and flags further apart.

The rest of the maps not at all....See what u think of the b2k maps, wake is from way back in bf1942, out of the other 3, 2 are actually small maps from bf2....when you play the back to karkland maps think about maps 2x this size or maybe on console version 4x this size and thats what bf maps were like. Giulf of oman 64 player is quite big.

As for levlling up I have been unemployed and had bf3 since release. I have played 25 hours and like level 16 or something. Thats what 45mins per day since release? Goodness knows who so many guys are on 4th prestige etc..lmao. They must play at least 3-4hrs per day every day.

Last edited:
Why is Bad Company 2 bracketed in with cod when it's nothing like it? BC2 isn't arcade at all, if anything it's much more balanced and tactical than BF3, the 'superior' game.

Also, I'm not just referring to the maps, more the gameplay as a whole. But for what it's worth, BC2 has a great bunch of maps, well designed and interesting. If you want proper Battlefield maps look no further than Arica Harbour, Atacama Desert, Oasis, etc....

Why is Bad Company 2 bracketed in with cod when it's nothing like it? BC2 isn't arcade at all, if anything it's much more balanced and tactical than BF3, the 'superior' game.

Also, I'm not just referring to the maps, more the gameplay as a whole. But for what it's worth, BC2 has a great bunch of maps, well designed and interesting. If you want proper Battlefield maps look no further than Arica Harbour, Atacama Desert, Oasis, etc....

I think it comes from old bf players...bfbc2 was codified more aracade version of original bf games, more faster paced and smaller maps. Off course it aint cod but its somewhere in between cod and bf.

Bf3 should be more bf like and less cod like that bfbc series. I think it is in some maps. But ironically some maps make the game feel cod like eg.. metro and slightly seine

as for arica harbor, atacama desert and oasis they are tiny maps especially the 1st 2. Not bf type maps at all...They are fun but nothing liek ''proper bf maps'' and they are very linear. The maps are defo better for rush mode though,,,which once again isnt even an original bf mode.

Last edited:

Yea most of what you and others have said are more to do with the console version as most of us pc users dont have these issues.

Anyways yea there are some who dont have a fucking job and play this game to death mate but im like you and can only pull 2 hours during the week if im lucky.

i am also a married man so gaming time is reduced. How the fuck do people put in 50+hours a week on gaming :CONFUSE:

You need to play BF2 to understand why BC2 is a arcade game. even bf3 is not a patch on BF2 mate.

Seruously, grab a copy of bf2 in the bargain bin and load it up and play it for yourself.

i am also a married man so gaming time is reduced. How the fuck do people put in 50+hours a week on gaming :CONFUSE:

50+ hours? that's like a full time job. I work 40hrs a week. That's crazy to think that some people spend 50+ hours a week playing video games. What is this world coming to. We are living in a fantasy world and pretty soon, at the rate of technology, we will literaly become part of our games living in them. Spooky if you ask me.

One thing's for sure. If you allow it, these games these days will consume your very life.

50+ hours? that's like a full time job. I work 40hrs a week. That's crazy to think that some people spend 50+ hours a week playing video games. What is this world coming to. We are living in a fantasy world and pretty soon, at the rate of technology, we will literaly become part of our games living in them. Spooky if you ask me.

One thing's for sure. If you allow it, these games these days will consume your very life.

yea mate. when skrim was just 3-4 days old. mayne already put in 20hours plus.

Lots of people have also hammered the crap out of bf3 too in its first week. its redicolous mate. Last saturday i practically had the whole day to game but only put in 3-4hours in total. i love gaming but fuck i cant sit down and play all day long continues.

You need to play BF2 to understand why BC2 is a arcade game. even bf3 is not a patch on BF2 mate.

Seruously, grab a copy of bf2 in the bargain bin and load it up and play it for yourself.

do people still play this on pc multiplayer?

might grab a copy if cheap enough if they do

BF2? yea some people do play it. i would also have a look at Arma 2 while you are at it. Its the most realistic FPS game i have ever played mate and is a far superior game then any of the battlefield games.

I still play BF2 online it is by far the best BF released with maybe the exception of Desert Combat for 1942.

BF3 looks amazing but it's no BF2.

As for getting BF2 cheap I think I paid about £2.50 for the complete collection when Steam last had a sale.

damn, don't suppose i will get it for that price. i wanna play it ASAP.

i am currently playing BF3 on the xbox 360.

i take it BF2 on the PC graphic wise would still be better than BF3 on the xbox 360 + the better gameplay?

damn, don't suppose i will get it for that price. i wanna play it ASAP.

i am currently playing BF3 on the xbox 360.

i take it BF2 on the PC graphic wise would still be better than BF3 on the xbox 360 + the better gameplay?

BC will prob be the same gameplay wise on PC as XBOX graphics will be better but that's just stating the obvious.

If you enjoy BF3 I would suggest giving BF2 a go, it is alot better IMO than BF3 in terms of gameplay and fun but be careful you will get your arse kicked to start with as the people who still play BF2 are mostly clan members.

Also the STEAM sale starts on the 19th so you will get it really cheap (£2.49) at some point during the sale.

Last edited:
I still play BF2 online it is by far the best BF released with maybe the exception of Desert Combat for 1942.

BF3 looks amazing but it's no BF2.

As for getting BF2 cheap I think I paid about £2.50 for the complete collection when Steam last had a sale.

YOu think I should reinstall and play this. I was away when it was out and only played a few months before bfbc2....I seemed to end up only playing karkand mainly, the other maps are good.

BUt with bf3 and bfbc2 installed any point to play or isntall bf2 now....especially with next weeks map pack

cant you have both installed at the same time?

yes I can point is will i even play it.

I have bfbc2 adn bf3 installed but only really play bf3 now.

I can reinstall bf2 but once 4 bf2 maps are released for bf3 next week why will I even bother with bf2? It has 8+ more maps but these are 4 of the best.

I played all bf up til bf2 I only played small bit, never played 2142, played bfbc2 for a few months,

So now I can play

bf3
bfbc2
bf2

But bf3 is the newest so I just have been playing that.

Back
Top Bottom