a bit siene crossing, bazzar.

Some others now and then.

Metro good for getting xp
Canals I find dull
Caspian can be ok
Firestorm can be ok
Tehran can be ok

Defo looking forward to new maps

Another thing added is the infrared scopes having a substantial amount of haze to contend with when using them in daylight. Good move.

Okay, I read somewhere that to practice flying jets in the console versions, you just have to join an empty server and fly to your hearts delight.

I tried this however I am inmobile until a few number of players join in. Am I doing something wrong?

I have joined in servers with 5 or more players and I obviously can move around the map freely but the jets are 99.9% already being flown by somebody else.

Is there any way around joining an empty server without having to wait for other players to join in order for me to fly a plane?

Dang I was a infrared cheeser, spotting enemies like a boss.
Me too sir, me too. However I'm all for balance and have switched back to holographic on some daylight levels now. One thing that is annoying me at the moment is tanks being whored as they're easy points. Too much focus on them with random spraying too, whilst not enough danger from the air. If I had my way, I'd reduce the tank armor, speed and cannon aim speed and allow gunners in choppers to alternate between minigun and missiles rather than just the minigun.

This game is an absolute fucking mess. Really awful. There's absolutely NO sense of teamwork, every player just treats it like COD. 99% of all matches in built up areas consist of players sitting at each end of long corridors firing rockets at each other, and matchmaking is a farce. I can't remember a match where my team didn't ignore the objective of the game or just get slaughtered over and over. No fun at all. Most guns feel the same, there's barely any recoil, and frankly it's getting boring being shot by some oddball who's played the game for 10 days straight nailing you with every bit of equipment under the sun.

At least BC2 had an amazing sense of tactical play, teams would properly take up defensive positions etc. In BF3 every match just feels like a 10 minute mish-mash of players trying to level up. It's no fun at all. I genuinely can't remember a match whereby the other team didn't set charges every 2 minutes because no-one bothers to guard them.

Pretty much how I feel LT. I do enjoy the game, just not as much as BC2 which, in hindsight, is the most fun yet tactical FPS game I've ever played.

The matchmaking seems non-existent as you say. I was routinely getting thrown in to lobbies full of prestige or near prestige players when I started out, and I'm only at level 15 now and still feel like it's lambs to the slaughter sometimes.

Let's face it, DICE have gone out to pick up some of the COD crowd and the detrimental affect of that is evident in both the gameplay and the (in)actions of your fellow players.

While I'm on a rant, I think the ranking/levelling system in these games needs looking at. I feel the current system employed by BF and COD rewards time invested in the game rather than ability. Of course, good players can level up quicker, but the only way people can get to prestige so soon after release is if they literally play the game for a number of hours every day, something which I cannot and would not do (I have a full time job :P). I'd love to see a more dynamic ranking system which can go down as well as up depending on recent performance. Everyone can get to the highest rank given enough time, so it's becomes less of a indication of ability once the game has been out a while.

i just try and pick up the guns lying around and sometimes get lucky and i can kill loads of people with it.

some of the weapons with the higher ranked ones make so much of a difference

i am only ranked 24

Cant agree with you guys... the first weapons unlocks for everyclass are very good veapons... you guys are ont placebo effect cause the m16a1 and the ak 74 are very good guns to start with...fact im quite advanced in guns unlocks and still use those weapons... you wont get better cause you have better guns... in fact recoil in BF3 doesnt really have a big difference from gun to gun. Also, Ranks doesnt means nothing at all to be honest...

I think the problems in BF3 are the maps...they suck I must confess, they are not challenging enough and conquest and rush squales are wrongly placed etc... cant wait for the expension...

Pretty much how I feel LT. I do enjoy the game, just not as much as BC2 which, in hindsight, is the most fun yet tactical FPS game I've ever played.

The matchmaking seems non-existent as you say. I was routinely getting thrown in to lobbies full of prestige or near prestige players when I started out, and I'm only at level 15 now and still feel like it's lambs to the slaughter sometimes.

Let's face it, DICE have gone out to pick up some of the COD crowd and the detrimental affect of that is evident in both the gameplay and the (in)actions of your fellow players.

While I'm on a rant, I think the ranking/levelling system in these games needs looking at. I feel the current system employed by BF and COD rewards time invested in the game rather than ability. Of course, good players can level up quicker, but the only way people can get to prestige so soon after release is if they literally play the game for a number of hours every day, something which I cannot and would not do (I have a full time job :P). I'd love to see a more dynamic ranking system which can go down as well as up depending on recent performance. Everyone can get to the highest rank given enough time, so it's becomes less of a indication of ability once the game has been out a while.

Like more points based on accuracy, score per minute per round and % headshots, kills per minute per round?

etc,,,?

Like more points based on accuracy, score per minute per round and % headshots, kills per minute per round?

etc,,,?

Yep, things like that rather than XP.

Collecting XP would still be used to unlock weapons and upgrades, but a player's rank would be decided on points scored per round, objectives achieved and round win/loss ratio in order to promote team play. I don't think it should be based purely on k/d ratio and kills per minute etc. Those things should be secondary to team play in Battlefield. This way a player's rank would reflect their ability as a team player rather than how much time they have on their hands.

It's just an idea of how I'd like to see player ranking done. It will never change though, as the COD format is pretty standardised in FPS games these days.

Yep, things like that rather than XP.

Collecting XP would still be used to unlock weapons and upgrades, but a player's rank would be decided on points scored per round, objectives achieved and round win/loss ratio in order to promote team play. I don't think it should be based purely on k/d ratio and kills per minute etc. Those things should be secondary to team play in Battlefield. This way a player's rank would reflect their ability as a team player rather than how much time they have on their hands.

It's just an idea of how I'd like to see player ranking done. It will never change though, as the COD format is pretty standardised in FPS games these days.

it's not based on k/d ratio and kills per minute imo, i have a good k/d record and all and i don't have anywhere near my mate who's score is horrificly high for short time due to him always being a medic.

it's not based on k/d ratio and kills per minute imo, i have a good k/d record and all and i don't have anywhere near my mate who's score is horrificly high for short time due to him always being a medic.

I'm well aware of that. My idea was a ranking system that can go down as well as up based on recent performance. It doesn't really matter how the points are scored but I think it would be a better reflection of a players ability. This way, someone with a top rank would truly have to be among the best players in the world. At present anyone can get to the top if they put enough time into it. It doesn't necessarily mean they are a top player.

My system would make matchmaking much easier.

I do like the sound of your system Jamezinho, would much prefer something like that. There's no need to base things on COD, the fact that other devs use Call Of Duty as a guideline just riles me. The best FPS on console so far is BFBC2 I reckon - by a long way. If any game should be the main guideline it's that, but EA's probable influence on proceedings will mean a different perspective.

On a side note now. I'm not suddenly bashing BF3 as I do love it when playing with folk who don't play it like you play COD. But it's beginning to annoy me now at how many times I'm playing amongst utter plebs, creating utterly boring matches. Far and away the biggest problems for me are deployment rape and also tanks being whored. Being spawn-killed on Bazaar by some cannon-spammer showing a "3400 kills via Tank" dogtag is a ludicrous waste of a game engine. Or spawning on the carrier at Noshahr to be instantly sprayed by cunts in Vipers hovering between above deck and below. I abhor starting a match to see my team-mates ignore bases in CQ and head straight to enemy deployment. Another annoyance is the ability is make most of your body disappear into a wall when prone. This gets whored and allows so many folk to conceal themselves behind a bucket or whatever. Problems like deployment areas being bummed or the wall physics failing need to be sorted by DICE, because there's a playing style majority on BF3 that just love to take advantage repeatedly and it ruins the playability, the wow factor, the longevity. Deployment areas need better protection, I wouldn't mind something similar to Killzone but for taking out land & air vehicles if the area is encroached.

I heard around the time this came out that there could be a BFBC3. I'd be elated if so, especially if they return to an overall larger maps size. The smaller maps on this bore the shit out of me now.

I also think that 2d spotting kill the game aswell as all the weapons and vehicule functions and options...in BC2 it was an easy and simple setups, but in bf3 theres so many options it make thing much more difficult.

back then you could with some c4 destroy a tank... unless the tank owner doesnt know how to ride a tank, doing this is almost impossible and with the adding of 2d spotting your minimap is your best friend now, not ur teammates...

It would help if people couldn't glitch the game. One guy on the other team was invisible. I'm not kidding. Me and three other people all got shot by him on multiple occasions.

Another was some guy holed up in this room on Seine Crossing, took out over 30 people and wouldn't be affected by damage. No matter how many times you shot him he'd take the bullets and shoot you right back. He got over 30 kills by doing that. He was hit directly by grenades, rockets, guns, tank blasts into the window. Took over 30 kills until he was finally taken out, then within minutes he was back up there again.

Another thing is lag, it's AWFUL. Repeated green screen pops up, you empty entire clips on people only to do nothing, and that's on 50mb broadband. The lag is disgraceful.

Lastly, what is the point of jets? I tried them for ages today, can fly them quite well but your machine gun is useless except for firing at the ground. You just spend half the game zooming around scoring no points at all.

Last edited:
Yeah, the jets are rather pointless. I've yet to be killed by a jet when wandering around at ground level. They are just a distraction and provide the stage for a virtual willy waving contest between players who have no interest in the objectives. Jets don't play any part in winning games and I'd quite gladly see them removed.

I'm decent at flying them due to years of playing flight sims, and conversely I've scored more points with the cannons compared to the heat seekers. I find missiles are too easily countered with flares but a good pilot with cannons is hard to defend against. Despite this I'd rather stay on the ground and capture the objectives and help the team.

No I've never even noticed jets when on ground level, they're totally pointless. I actually think they put them in just to make the trailers look good. I know a few people who got swayed into buying the game based on the jet footage.

I tried the game again tonight, there's NO matchmaking at all. Every game is a total thrashing. I joined a conquest game and the ticket scores were 17 - 181. What a joke. And I'm sick of getting shot by some guy on a massive high rank already, lying prone in a bush, or in a window, or behind a rock. Camping in this game is atrocious, but I'm only on level 3 and yet 99.9% of all players I face seem to be ranked level 30-40 and armed to the teeth with every bit of kit under the sun.

Not much fun :(

Yep, which is what I've moaned about before in this thread. There's no excuse for dumping low ranked or new players in with guys with high ranks and a hundred hours or more invested in the game already. With the game only being a month old there are surely thousands of lower ranked players out there to match up together.

Otherwise it's lambs to the slaughter, especially when many of the high ranked players are exploiters.

Yeah I can barely remember seeing anyone ranked lower than level 20 in almost three hours on the game yesterday. Seine Crossing is particularly bad, you'll take two steps forwards round a corner and get nailed by some guy who's holed himself up in a window then stood at the back of the room so it's impossible to see him in the darkness. Then you see him in the kill cam and he's got some scope with infared or something crazy. There is a LOT of camping going on.

Oh, and I love how everyone lays claymores down alleyways and streets, it's great that they're virtually undetectable. Now that does feel like COD. Lots of people lying prone at the tops of stairs while having claymores in the doorways to the building. Brilliant. They don't even do it near flags or objectives, so it's not even helping their team out. In fact unless you play with some mates this game has no sense of teamwork in any way. Don't think in those three hours I saw a single person laying ammo or health once. In BC2 there were ammo and health packs all over the place.

Last edited:
About claymores, yes they are very cheesy, on TDM I always fake a camp spot putting a claymore in front of a good spot, while I run and gun with the shotgun.

TDM is a joke by the way, worst spawning I ever saw in a game, you can see people spawning in front of you.
I play cause it can be hilarious though and I like to change gameplays once in a while, dont bash me cause I like run and gun, when I play Conquest and Rush I'm a very objective player.

But I'm that guy that put a claymore between containers, cause I know you will never see them :TWIST:

Back
Top Bottom