Battlefield 3

The sound is so much better in BC2 than this game. Have you heard the Sniper rifles in this game? They sound like plastic guns. The explosions sounds awful aswell.

Getting hit by a rifle shot does sound a bit odd, but then again I've never been on the wrong end of a sniper rifle to know what it sounds like. :))

I think the sound is generally as strong as it was in BC2. The jets and helicopters still sound immense. My only criticism is the tank main gun isn't as boomy as it was in BC2.

Patch for exploits, balancing and stability is due today, but they did warn of a small delay on console for the testing processes by Microsoft & Soby. Perhaps "small" meant minutes.

I'm very close to giving up on this game. I just can't compete with the guys that seem to be able to put every waking hour into playing online. I'm getting absolutely hammered. I don't know what's wrong because I was a pretty good player at BC2. If there was some decent matchmaking I think I'd enjoy it more.

Rush is a joke. The maps are too big and there are too many vehicles. People don't play the game properly either.

BC2 was a huge amount of fun. This isn't.

I think you need to adjust my friend...this if BF3 not bc2... you cant compare BF series with BC series except for the engine...the games play more like BF2 and people in general like it this way.

I think your problem doesnt have to do with the map being too big...youll enventualy find a way to like it...just give it time.

I think you need to adjust my friend...this if BF3 not bc2... you cant compare BF series with BC series except for the engine...the games play more like BF2 and people in general like it this way.

I think your problem doesnt have to do with the map being too big...youll enventualy find a way to like it...just give it time.

With all due respect I don't really buy that argument. BF3 and BC2 look very similar, feel very similar - the essential game mechanics are the same - but one is a huge amount of fun and the other less so. I've heard people describe BC2 as arcadey but again, I don't agree. BF3 feels more like it's trying to appeal to the COD crowd whereas BC2 was very much it's own game.

Like I said, the game needs better matchmaking, and if Dice/EA can't pair me up with similar players this soon after release then that tells me there is no matchmaking going on at all.

I'm getting tired of the game too.
First I think it lacks variety, which makes the games too samey.
Second I'm on a 100 people platoon, but its effin hard to team up, when I'm successful I end up in another team or another squad.
And a lot of matches end up in spawn rape, the stronger team, yes there is always a stronger team, its ridiculous, they get all flags then start spawn rape, and rush games aren't any better, while TDM is awful.
And people still don't know what to do.

I don't think spawn camping is any worse than in BC2 at any rate, there was a lot going on there too so I'm used to that by now. But for me when I'm not playing with friends, there's no sense of one team battling against the other. I think the map layouts in BC2 made it so that even a team containing the most selfish of players could still form a decent protective barrier in Rush matches, whereas in BF3 everyone is so scattered that the enemy mostly walk in and set the charges within minutes.

That said, it's probably not the fault of the game itself. It offers people almost too much scope to do their own thing, which ends up being to the neglect of the game's objective. The game gives those who don't care about playing properly too much scope to ruin the experience, which says a lot more about the people playing it than it does the game to be honest.

Funnily enough, my most enjoyable games have been on maps like Metro and that one in the alleyways, where it restricts what people can do so much, funnelling everyone into big standoffs and forcing people to back each other up. The larger maps should have this feeling too, but again, that's down to people not playing properly than the game itself.

Last edited:
I just played this last night, and those claiming it is COD like, I have to absolutely disagree... it feels alien in comparison. I couldn't get to grips with it, last FPS I had played was indeed COD, and been playing Skrium mostly. But fancied the change so whacked it on for a bit.

I was awful, truly awful, the recoil was totally different, did not get the hang of it for a while, and it was just so different, the pace is totally different mainly, I prefer the pace, but it took a bit of time to adjust. Play it like COD you get destroyed, as that game just is so much faster, run and spray essentially. I can not see how people can even say it caters for them. The levels can not even be compared. I am not a fan of MW3's most are the same sort of layout and design, which is pretty boring, no variety like the previous two.

Going back to BF3, you can feel how much more open and varied it is, just in standard gameplay. So much more choice, that was just in me playing Squad Deathmatch. I do like COD, but BF is totally different and I do much prefer it.

Regarding Bad Company 2, when I played it online back in summer (as that was when I first bought it), they played similar to how they do on here, didn't see any outstanding team work, was pretty similar to what I see on here. Normally I try to play with my mates, so we can just team up ourselves, otherwise it depends on the team you join and how good the players are like all games.

Yeah, even so, I don't see how, MW3 maps are small even the big ones feel small, as they are all so tight and compact and cluttered to hell. There's like an obstacle every two steps. Buildings have their in's and outs, blocked out parts so you have your set entrances and exits, they are so linear, and the bad thing is, each and every one feels the same to me.

At least with MW2, they had the likes of Wasteland which was open, Estate which had several scattered buildings and openness and even afghan was fairly open.

I just can't see how they can be compared to the majority of BF3 maps, the only one that stands out is Grand Bazaar literally because it's an urban level which has it's alleyways, but with that it still feels a lot more open and accessible than most COD maps to me anyway.

metro is quite CODdy also

I think on PC most often people play the game as a team game trying to repair, heal, revive, stay with squads etc....maybe on consoles people dont play it properly?

I mean you do get your typical lone wolf snipers and vehicle hoggers who kinda go solo and dont specifically go for objectives etc..

But in most pc games I play most guys seem to know how to play the game as a team game and go for objectives and make use of their squads and tools etc..

I had a blast tonight. Played a good few hours.

1 guy was amazing at flying. I spawned as passenger in the venom? and I had the maching gun he had missles, we flew about kharg island on 64 man conquest map and went on a killing spree. Taking out many tanks, vehicles and infantry, took about 10 minutes before we were finally shot down.

Moments like that are great.

But then I had moments were I trek 10 mintues to get to a flag and just before i get there some sniper kills me or aguy arrives in a tank and blows me away and Im like ahhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
I don't find Metro to be catering to COD players to be honest. If you go rushing around as in COD then you'll get plastered by the opposition in the blink of an eye. If anything the few levels on BF3 that are more narrow and clostriohobic feel great to me because you'll only be successful by being cautious, backing up team mates and inching your way forwards. As with Grand Bazaar (think that's it's name) those playing as a team will win convincingly.

Last edited:
It's so often a massive relief in Conquest on Metro when you deploy in the train tunnel but manage to break free to the Cafe area and capture that base. So often I'm the only one on my team to even try it. I'll bang a spawn beacon in a skip then head off to the second floor of a building and toss one off.

It's so often a massive relief in Conquest on Metro when you deploy in the train tunnel but manage to break free to the Cafe area and capture that base. So often I'm the only one on my team to even try it. I'll bang a spawn beacon in a skip then head off to the second floor of a building and toss one off.

I think you are getting a bit too excited with the game ;))

Yeah BR, toss one off at home. And Bobby, you're right. I have a vivid imagination, a loud surround sound system and a caffeine addiction.

Well try different modes... I playing conquest 64 like crazy...then its became boring to me...tried some TDM, it was great with the new spawning system from the patch, then played some rush and I got excited about the game again... Ive heard squad tdm is also very fun.

Well try different modes... I playing conquest 64 like crazy...then its became boring to me...tried some TDM, it was great with the new spawning system from the patch, then played some rush and I got excited about the game again... Ive heard squad tdm is also very fun.

I had the most amazing game of squad tdm on kharg island. Was like hide and seek a bit lol but still fun. It was real eerie. Like a derelict battlefield.

I initially returned this game because I was underwhelmed with it and didn't give it the proper amount of time. I then realized what I had done and went back to the store to purchase it, along with a Turtle Beach X12 Headset and a DSS Amp to go with it. After playing all night long till the 3am, I was finally convinced and hooked once again as I was with the BBC series. Boy was I wrong to make such judgment in a such a short period of time without trully getting deeper into this baby's gameplay.

I am enjoying the hell out of this game. I love the different kill animations, the blood splatter, the different screams when soldier are shot, and the overall violence and sound. The different guns make such a huge difference in the game as well.

Having said that, I have yet to fly a Jet. Anyone know which game mode and map the jets are located in?

I am more of a TDM and Rush mode type of player. I've had great moments with violent and realistic TDM battles where at times I felt overwhelmed and intimidated by the opposition. This game's gameplay is as close to real life as it gets. Very well done.

One example of it's intensity was when I was standing inside a room with windows. I was right behind the windows when suddenly I heard the glass shattering next to me and the wall being pummeled by bullets. I immediately dove to the ground and when I realized I was cornered with no way out, I felt an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and fear come over me. I can't imagine how frightening this must be in real life. After I got myself together, I then figured out who it was that was trying to end my life. A Sniper! I then slowly moved to a position where I could peek through the window to spot his position for a few seconds before he saw me. He was on the other side of the street in the second floor building crouched against the dark corner in the back side of the room. You could barely see him. I then immediately crawled backwards to my safe zone. I switched to the Grenade launcher and fired two rounds directly towards the sniper's position inside the building and blew him and the entire wall of the room into smithereens. The amazing thing about this encounter was seeing how his lifeless body was thrown by the explosion right through the hole of the building and into the street below. HOLY CRAP! that ladies and gentleman, was one of the moments I've had with this game thus far. Absolutaley brilliant!

The phisics and destructibility in this game are superb! And if rumor has it right that the upcoming patch will improve the destructibility even more, I will sure be in heaven.

I initially returned this game because I was underwhelmed with it and didn't give it the proper amount of time. I then realized what I had done and went back to the store to purchase it, along with a Turtle Beach X12 Headset and a DSS Amp to go with it. After playing all night long till the 3am, I was finally convinced and hooked once again as I was with the BBC series. Boy was I wrong to make such judgment in a such a short period of time without trully getting deeper into this baby's gameplay.

I am enjoying the hell out of this game. I love the different kill animations, the blood splatter, the different screams when soldier are shot, and the overall violence and sound. The different guns make such a huge difference in the game as well.

Having said that, I have yet to fly a Jet. Anyone know which game mode and map the jets are located in?

I am more of a TDM and Rush mode type of player. I've had great moments with violent and realistic TDM battles where at times I felt overwhelmed and intimidated by the opposition. This game's gameplay is as close to real life as it gets. Very well done.

One example of it's intensity was when I was standing inside a room with windows. I was right behind the windows when suddenly I heard the glass shattering next to me and the wall being pummeled by bullets. I immediately dove to the ground and when I realized I was cornered with no way out, I felt an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and fear come over me. I can't imagine how frightening this must be in real life. After I got myself together, I then figured out who it was that was trying to end my life. A Sniper! I then slowly moved to a position where I could peek through the window to spot his position for a few seconds before he saw me. He was on the other side of the street in the second floor building crouched against the dark corner in the back side of the room. You could barely see him. I then immediately crawled backwards to my safe zone. I switched to the Grenade launcher and fired two rounds directly towards the sniper's position inside the building and blew him and the entire wall of the room into smithereens. The amazing thing about this encounter was seeing how his lifeless body was thrown by the explosion right through the hole of the building and into the street below. HOLY CRAP! that ladies and gentleman, was one of the moments I've had with this game thus far. Absolutaley brilliant!

The phisics and destructibility in this game are superb! And if rumor has it right that the upcoming patch will improve the destructibility even more, I will sure be in heaven.

nice story, pretty emotional...the 'big black cock'' series was hard to beat ;)

Sadly TBA. Hope it's early.

I see. Thanks!

I can definately wait though. I'm enjoying the current maps however. I love this game. I get such satisfaction and enjoyment when I mercilessly pummel a few rounds into my adversaries chest at close range and hearing him scream like a little bitch as he helplessly falls to the ground while his blood drains into a pool of blood around him.

Back
Top Bottom