Battlefield 3

If you are a K/D hog being revived actually takes away your death in the stats. So being revived is a win/win in that respect I guess - get shot again and you're back to where you were originally.

That's how I always thought it works. I've never understood why people get the hump when you revive them.

Had a proper session on this for the first time and I love it. Caspian Border is amazing, makes for some hilarious moments. I saw two team mates legging it as soon as the game started and jumping into both jets, they took off at the same time, within seconds of getting airborne one went left, the other went right, they collided and blew up almost immediately :P

I still don't see any point to the jets though. Apart from fighting with each other they don't seem to do anything, I see enemy jets from the ground and don't regard them as any kind of threat whatsoever.

It's great fun but the lack of team mates doing anything properly is becoming annoying. I begged some guy about 8 times for some health as I was in some corridoor with him on about 10%, he just kept ignoring and ran off.

I also go up and fix someone's tank, either they just drive off straight into the action before I get a chance to repair it properly, meaning they're wading into battle on about 20% tank health, or someone nicks my seat that I had in it before I jumped out to repair.

And I'm now convinced that 99.9% of all players don't spot. I looked out for it today, in two hours I never noticed one single enemy player lit up unless I did it first. :(

Can't wait to get my xbox sorted so I can rejoin my usual squad mates!

Jets on previous bf games had bombs so they were a threat. They really need to pacth it and add bombs. The planes are useless with just guns.

We should make petition for bombs IMO....gas/nuclear bombs, nepalm bombs, normal bombs lol

Jets on previous bf games had bombs so they were a threat. They really need to pacth it and add bombs. The planes are useless with just guns.

We should make petition for bombs IMO....gas/nuclear bombs, nepalm bombs, normal bombs lol

I like that idea about different bomb types. That would be great.

They need a couple of free fall bombs so at least there is some skill in using them.

I'd love a reconnaissance and electronic warfare jet that could spot enemies as it flies over and jam enemy communications. That would be interesting.

So what's the reason for 1 shot sniper kills to the chest but 3 or 4 machine-gun rounds to the chest not killing them?

They need a couple of free fall bombs so at least there is some skill in using them.

I'd love a reconnaissance and electronic warfare jet that could spot enemies as it flies over and jam enemy communications. That would be interesting.

cool idea also. A recon plane that has a scan or 2nd passanger that ''spots'' people or places like a radar in the area etc...

Aslo the thing about bombs in old bf was they were limited so say the plane had 2-5 bombs max, once they were used the plane woudl need to fly back to base to refuel.

Which is fair because unlimted bombs woudl be crazy.

Plus also a refill time delay between using bombs.

So eg.. a plane may have 4 bombs as it leaves base and every time you use a bomb you have to wait 5-10 seconds before you can release another bomb.

That's how I always thought it works. I've never understood why people get the hump when you revive them.

Maybe they're out a ammo. Happened to me several times and I was happy I got killed so I could get back in the action with full ammo. Then KAZOING your back with no ammo and no support dude anywhere, annoying.

I fucking hate the quick scoping that guy's doing in that video. Makes the game look like MW2.

I dunno, I really enjoy the game but it just doesn't feel as fun as BC2. I put that in and played a 6v6 game (I think that's all you can find pretty much these days) and preferred it. Still feels more difficult to control, requiring more skill IMO. And the destruction really plays a part in Rush mode. BF3 really needs some MCOM stations that can be destroyed by flattening a building. Even as a defender in that scenario it's better, gives you more to think about than just waiting for the opposition to bowl in and set it.

Jets really disappoint me though. Couldn't wait to fly them before the game came out, and it is fun, but pointless. Once you're up in the air, besides taking down another plane (IF there's another one in the sky at the same time) then you just fly around with nothing to do.

I'm hopeful for next month's map pack with regards to destruction, they're claiming it's really been ramped up, which to be fair, isn't really hard for them to do.

It's not a patch on Bad Company 2.

how so?

im bored off bfbc2 maps

Overall I think Bad Company 2 is slightly better.

BC2 positives:
- Better maps. The likes of Arica Harbour and Oasis are epic and there's nothing in BF3 on a par.
- Destruction. It's miles better in BC2 and was always one of the selling points of the game that differentiated it from COD. Why they toned it down is beyond me.
- No jets = more people on the ground fighting properly.
- More fun. I can't put my finger on it but I could play BC2 for hours, yet I can't do the same with BF3. Perhaps it's because BF3 has more of a COD feel to it sometimes?

BF3 positives:
- Being able to go prone.
- Being able to refuse a revive.
- Some nice customisation options such as camo.
- Mobile spawn points
- Base camping doesn't seem to be an issue.
- Balanced anti-aircraft options.

While I've listed more positives for BF3, the positives for BC2 far outweigh them in my opinion. I just hope BC2 doesn't die a death online and I can still get a game.

BC2 positives:
- Better maps. The likes of Arica Harbour and Oasis are epic and there's nothing in BF3 on a par.
- Destruction. It's miles better in BC2 and was always one of the selling points of the game that differentiated it from COD. Why they toned it down is beyond me.
- More fun. I can't put my finger on it but I could play BC2 for hours, yet I can't do the same with BF3. Perhaps it's because BF3 has more of a COD feel to it sometimes?

BF3 positives:
- Mobile spawn points

While I've listed more positives for BF3, the positives for BC2 far outweigh them in my opinion. I just hope BC2 doesn't die a death online and I can still get a game.

Sure and what game mode do you prefer though rush or conquest?

Jets are quite crappy in bf3 so bf2 may as well be bfbc2 as far as that is concerned.

What maps on bfbc2 have helciopters? and are they easy to use like bf3?

BC2 positives:

BF3 positives:
- Mobile spawn points

I agree about maps. Even maps like Cold War, White Pass feels more open and fun than most of BF3 maps. Battlefield-esque to say atleast.

I disagree on destruction though.

It's better in BF3 but maps like Metro, Bazaar and Seine makes you think it's been toned down, since it has alot of big indestructable buildings/Indoor enviroments compared to BC2's open areas with alot of smaller buildings.

The upcoming DLC will show why destruction is much better in BF3.

Would love Heavy Metal, Harvest Day, Arica Harbour, Atacama Desert and Oasis made in Frostbite 2 as a map pack. :...

Back
Top Bottom