Battlefield 3

I don't mind Metro when it turns into a meat grinder to be honest. At least it makes a change from the massive maps where I'm wandering around trying to find someone to shoot.

It reminds me of the good old days - Capture the flag, Eder Dam on Call of Duty 3. A high casualty battle of attrition - but great fun.

I think Metro works well with 24 players or less, maybe the PC version suffers in this instance for having too many player to fit the subway part of the level (unless it's been redesigned to fit a greater number of players).

Jamez, nice work with your avatar btw, totally echo your sentiments regarding those who gave their lives. Good work :)

I had hoped cod would take the idiots away but no. I was playing it this afternoon and 50% of the time it was great fun... the other 50% was horrible. People refusing to capture control points or attack/defend the mcoms. selfish players speeding away in vehicles leaving everyone behind on foot and the snipers that plague the series who sit on hills rac king up a massive 3 kills per game.
I had a guy in a chopper fly it to a hill and then bail out leaving the 4 passenger inside to die as it crashed into the ground. I managed to jump out in time and parachute down and then stood in front of the cock for the rest of the game blocking his sniper view.

That bugs the hell out of me too, but to be fair BC2 was always full of those kind of people who'll jump in a helicopter and fly off by themselves even though they must see others running towards it on the radar.

I'm also wondering how some people are at level 35-40 already. Do they not have lives?

Just had an awful round on Seine Crossing. Absolute camp fest.

This game needs better matchmaking too. I'm getting a bit fed up of being put up against teams full of 30+ ranked players.

I think Metro works well with 24 players or less, maybe the PC version suffers in this instance for having too many player to fit the subway part of the level (unless it's been redesigned to fit a greater number of players).

Jamez, nice work with your avatar btw, totally echo your sentiments regarding those who gave their lives. Good work :)

Defintiley the case. Some of these maps actually dont work well with 64 palyers but on the other hand maps like caspian and karg and firestorm etc will be better 64 than 24 players.

Dammand Peak and Bazzaar can have some real chokehold areas as well on 64 players

I had hoped cod would take the idiots away but no. I was playing it this afternoon and 50% of the time it was great fun... the other 50% was horrible. People refusing to capture control points or attack/defend the mcoms. selfish players speeding away in vehicles leaving everyone behind on foot and the snipers that plague the series who sit on hills rac king up a massive 3 kills per game.
I had a guy in a chopper fly it to a hill and then bail out leaving the 4 passenger inside to die as it crashed into the ground. I managed to jump out in time and parachute down and then stood in front of the cock for the rest of the game blocking his sniper view.

I think on PC you only get true BF gamers which is good. Well thats what it seems to me. On console you pron get more retards.

This game needs more vocal teamwork. Hardly anyone uses a microphone from what I experience. A lot of the time I'm ready to plan things with squadmates but in the instances I message them or flick the mic on to tell them "Saw you with a Javelin last round. If you select it I'll get out my Soflam and we'll touch tails", etc... they have yet to respond. Even when I leave out the homo offer.

Regarding the COD-mentality idiots mentioned by Radiation, I'm still seeing some of them too. As much as I love this game, the map design in a few areas leaves little down to tactics. The alleyway on Grand Bazaar, the C capture point on Seine Crossing and as mentioned before, Operation Metro's elevator ant farm. It only takes areas like this to get people firing off random rockets & grenades etc and then that mentality is spread to other areas of multiplayer, more people then follow on "because everyone else does it", "I have to counter it by doing the same" etc. Not yet seen a sniper do that horrific drop-off, but on Noshahr Canals a dick with a RPG drove three of us in a Jeep off the docks into the water, jumping out at the last minute, leaving himself with all the capture points, before he began rocketing the boats coming in. On the subject of snipers though, I do see the majority (me included) doing far more than just kill a few. I don't use Recon too much but can get 20-40 motion sensor assists a game when I do, mixing in captures, chopper work and well placed spawn beacons. It's the nobs who watch the "961m longest headshot on BF3 eva" video on Youtube a little much who let the side down.

I don't mind Metro when it turns into a meat grinder to be honest. At least it makes a change from the massive maps where I'm wandering around trying to find someone to shoot.

It reminds me of the good old days - Capture the flag, Eder Dam on Call of Duty 3. A high casualty battle of attrition - but great fun.

My thoughts exactly, one of the best matches I played was Conquest on Metro, the fight for the hallways was awesome.
Its good cause changes the way people play on the other maps and you don't see that many engineers.

Did you try the connect with PSN login on EA account?

I got it to work finally, lets platoon PS3 users :P my id is sauceMT feel free to add me.

My thoughts exactly, one of the best matches I played was Conquest on Metro, the fight for the hallways was awesome.
Its good cause changes the way people play on the other maps and you don't see that many engineers.

me.

on console perhaps but metro 32 vs 32 is a laughing stock but its still fun just to get your xp up

Ahhhh. Finally broke free in a Metro CQ match last night. It all went to mayhem as always and my average life lasted 5 seconds with one kill, then the RPG or death. My side had deployed in the train tunnel, so it was hugely liberating to take out three enemies at the furthest away elevators, before making a dash through the ticket office to the Cafe area. Captured it, put a spawn beacon in a skip and got MAVwina woken up and her dressing gown on, patrolling the ticket office and eventually just the Cafe as we managed to dominate as soon as I'd got that capture point. Great feeling.
bf3xallthey.jpg
I've been playing this alot today and I think I was revived once. Pisses me right off.
Noticed there's not too much reviving going on but hopefully when everyone's maxed out the Assault class they'll settle into team play. My missus revives people constantly but often gets frustrated with Assault class folk just walking past her when down.

Noticed there's not too much reviving going on but hopefully when everyone's maxed out the Assault class they'll settle into team play. My missus revives people constantly but often gets frustrated with Assault class folk just walking past her when down.

Yeah good point but don't get me started on spotting.

Even from a selfish point of view reviving is easy points. I really don't understand why many people don't do it at all. Another thing that annoys me is chasing around support guys constantly requesting ammo when I'm low. Idiots.

People used to HATE being revived in BC2, because they'd only end up being shot dead again. In BF3 you can refuse to accept the revival but I think it's put a lot of people off reviving because of the amount of grief that people got for doing it.

That and people just forget that they have medipacks and defibs.

I actually think a lot of people jump into the game without knowing that you can even revive, drop ammo or spot. One match, there was a guy who joined our squad who was using a headset and we told him you can press on the d pad for an ammo drop, he had no idea it existed.

I think the revive system is perfect this year, shame most don't use it. The game for me is still incredibly fun, was manned on a chain gun hanging off the side of a chopper, reigning fire was people were trying leg it out of the way down below. When the chopper got rocketed, I bailed and parachuted into the middle of the enemy base and right on top of some guy lying on the roof of a shack.....I didn't last too long but trying something a bit audacious can be so much fun!

Last edited:
Again, parachuting is something that many people don't know about. The amount of people I see falling to their deaths from a great height is unbelievable.

Is it the game's fault for not making the controls clear? Or is it people who can't be arsed to learn/explore the controls? Or a bit of both?

What's really bugging me are the 2 or 3 guys who hide in a corner with the robot deployed. 1 guy shoots the shit out of it whilst the other constantly reapirs it. Those are the fuckers that are top of the scoring table with 0 kills.

I like to spawn near them and lob a grenade towards them and watch them try to run :-)

yea i have seen that

i have seen it plenty of times where a guy will shoot his robot and then repair it.

Becanes was on the mic and said look at this guy. so i went over to him and we surrounded him. he was on our team and he noticed something was going on and stood up. i started swiping my knife at him and he was turning to us both. we killed him

was so funny but yea cheating annoying people

Hopefully someone has reported that to dice so they can stop it. It shouldn't be possible at all anyway seeing as we had the same issue with people flipping their jeeps over and then sitting repairing in bad company 1.

Again, parachuting is something that many people don't know about. The amount of people I see falling to their deaths from a great height is unbelievable.

Is it the game's fault for not making the controls clear? Or is it people who can't be arsed to learn/explore the controls? Or a bit of both?

Bit of both. What should happen, in reality, is something along the lines of the FIFA initial tutorials you get when you first boot up the game, only with BF3 the tutorial should kick in when you first choose to play multiplayer - and should be unskippable.

That said, it baffles me how people don't look into these things themselves. Before playing BC2, which was my first experience of any kind of Battlefield-type game, I made sure I read up on the game, what you can do etc. You get more value for money out of the game if you actually know of all the stuff you can do in it. It's like you said earlier, people generally don't spot, lay down ammo, revive etc, despite the fact that they benefit from doing it anyways. Really baffling.

What's really bugging me are the 2 or 3 guys who hide in a corner with the robot deployed. 1 guy shoots the shit out of it whilst the other constantly reapirs it. Those are the fuckers that are top of the scoring table with 0 kills.

I like to spawn near them and lob a grenade towards them and watch them try to run :-)

That wouldn't be a problem (Atm) if those cunt over at IGN didn't post that video.

If you are a K/D hog being revived actually takes away your death in the stats. So being revived is a win/win in that respect I guess - get shot again and you're back to where you were originally.

This game needs more vocal teamwork.

Exactly my sentiments. The game is great and I try to play every class for their intended purpose. It is tough when people start doing their own thing as if it is a death match. As mentioned before, it is awesome when you start working with a good group or squad. Overall, the game needs basic vocal communication which is making me want to invest in a basic headset for my PS3.

By the way, add me to your friend's list if you ever want a squad mate, though I do warn, I am not the greatest.

Back
Top Bottom