Battlefield 3

I think Kharg Island is my favourite on either main mode, although I do play CQ usually. Caspian Border, Seine Border and Operation Firestorm tickle my fancy too.

On a side note, I'm still having "wow moments" in MP, for example when two jets are battling and one dips a little two low, smashing into the landscape as you watch from below. It happened on Caspian Border last night, a jet hit the smaller building right next to (A) at full speed. I was way up the hill capturing (B) and parts of the wreck went hurtling off the rocks and flew past me along the ground, it was epic.

Sometimes you just wonder what the fuck you're playing at. For example, trying to shoot down a jet or chopper with your rifle, blatantly attracting attention until you're shot. Or aiming down the scope trying to get a perfect shot knowing full well the other guy is aiming back at you and isn't going to miss. Then there's chasing guys down hoping for a knife kill yet you seemingly forget you're running clearly in no mans land and are promptly shot in the head.

Y U no just shoot him down out of sight? Y??

There's a couple of maps I'm not feeling. First is the Noshashr (sp?) Canal as it feels a bit uninspired to me. Not a particularly interesting map. The other is Damavand Peak. It's just a tunnel which basically turns into a meat-grinder.

I agree that Kharg Island and Caspian Border are pretty epic.

There's a couple of maps I'm not feeling. First is the Noshashr (sp?) Canal as it feels a bit uninspired to me. Not a particularly interesting map. The other is Damavand Peak. It's just a tunnel which basically turns into a meat-grinder.

Pretty much agree only them 2 ive had dull moments. Sometimes stuck in the middle of MEtro can be a big choke point spam fest also.

Ad for the game I have on pC and was using m/k for flying then I try my joysitck but cant get it working so well. Then I realise I can use my 360 pad. Its auto setup like a console port.

Wow, cool for flying and vehciles. So I just keep my pad by my side and swtich about lol.

I could use pad for shooting to but Id get pawned.

I hated Metro at first but it feels like a better team experience now. Enjoyed many stand offs at the main subway choke point by the escalators, half our team crammed into a corridoor laying ammo, health packs and reviving. Defending can get a kind of a siege mentality that I used to get with BC2.

Are clan tags unlocked at a certain rank or have I just missed something in the menus? It would be good to get an Evo Web tag going for 360 players.

Are clan tags unlocked at a certain rank or have I just missed something in the menus? It would be good to get an Evo Web tag going for 360 players.
I'm not sure at what point you unlock them but I changed mine at around level 10 in Battlelog. It's inside "Edit Profile" on your profile page on the left under your avatar.

The AI is really poor but then I think it's awful in almost all shooters. COD has been praised but I've never noticed any difference in the COD4 or MW2 campaigns. The AI in the Halo series is better, but still really shit. In all games the AI just stands there. First person shooter single player games are pretty much on-rails, whack-a-mole games anyways.

But I enjoyed it. I liked the story, loved the cuts scenes, I thought the acting and rendering was really nicely done. Very on rails, but, heck, I'm a total graphics whore and the game looks STUNNING in single player.

I'm half way through the campaign and I don't know if I can be bothered to play it. It feels like COD game - very linear and set-piece heavy. The AI is terrible. Just a brain-dead experience for me, aimed at lowest common denominator types. I know the BC2 single player isn't much better but I had more fun with that.

I'm half way through the campaign and I don't know if I can be bothered to play it. It feels like COD game - very linear and set-piece heavy. The AI is terrible. Just a brain-dead experience for me, aimed at lowest common denominator types. I know the BC2 single player isn't much better but I had more fun with that.

Seemec to me I completed it in 4-6 hours I reckon though I never timed it. SO, if you doen 50% may as well do the rest. I wouldnt say it gets better but some missions/moments are fun, though the story is a bit dull and firefights repetitive.

The worst mission in the Campaign has to be the one in the Fighter Jet...

It's like an introduction to right stick and bumper usage. Boooorrrinnggg. :(

The worst mission in the Campaign has to be the one in the Fighter Jet...

It's like an introduction to right stick and bumper usage. Boooorrrinnggg. :(

It was real exicting when you start it though, wlaking up all flight deck, checking the plane etc..etc...then when you start to fly your like wow this is cool,,,but the dog fights are pretty dull

It was real exicting when you start it though, wlaking up all flight deck, checking the plane etc..etc...then when you start to fly your like wow this is cool,,,but the dog fights are pretty dull

You're obviously more easily pleased than I am. :P

I hated Metro at first but it feels like a better team experience now. Enjoyed many stand offs at the main subway choke point by the escalators, half our team crammed into a corridoor laying ammo, health packs and reviving. Defending can get a kind of a siege mentality that I used to get with BC2.

Agreed.

I've had a few really good games on Metro recently.
That bottleneck at the top of the escalator can be an awesome stand off. The infra red scope is a great tool for picking out the enemy there.

Sometimes you just wonder what the fuck you're playing at. For example, trying to shoot down a jet or chopper with your rifle, blatantly attracting attention until you're shot. Or aiming down the scope trying to get a perfect shot knowing full well the other guy is aiming back at you and isn't going to miss. Then there's chasing guys down hoping for a knife kill yet you seemingly forget you're running clearly in no mans land and are promptly shot in the head.

Y U no just shoot him down out of sight? Y??

Know exactly what you are talking about,
I finally was in a good team last night, playing Rush, and there we go to the mcom together with 5/6 guys clearing up the enemies, then when someone went to plant it, maybe 4/5 of us stayed packed together, looking at different directions and a lone wolf of the other team came and knifed me from behind when my team mate was looking straight at me.
He could have throw a grenade or come up shooting to get a multi kill, but surprise he prefers the knife. By the time the killcam showed he was already long gone.
People awareness in this game suck at times, I was lucky I was on the good team, but most of the time I end up in those out of sync teams.
I need to get my battlelog to work asap so I can team up with clans or something.

I need to get my battlelog to work asap so I can team up with clans or something.

Managed to get my battlelog set up yesterday. First make sure you have an EA account. I had one from before with Need for Speed games, and just used that same email and pass to login to battlelog on ps3.

Are you playing BF3 on PS3? If you are can I add you today?
Any other evowebbers playing BF3 on PS3, so we can join a clan together

Last edited:

played a few rounds of this last night. Very silly. I mean the whole 25mins off the game involved a big spam fest over the escalaotrs in the middle of the level. With the russians at the top and the yanks at the bottom (or other way round?). And basically 63 player server having people jumping out the corridro thworign reandes, rockets then hidid g back roudn corners etc...lmao....what a joke.

Maybe this map would be better with less players.

Once Russian team captures 1st 2 flags and US 1st flag its impossible for US to get middle flag.

Managed to get my battlelog set up yesterday. First make sure you have an EA account. I had one from before with Need for Speed games, and just used that same email and pass to login to battlelog on ps3.

Are you playing BF3 on PS3? If you are can I add you today?
Any other evowebbers playing BF3 on PS3, so we can join a clan together

Sure lets play it.
About the Battlelog I'm registered already, used it for the beta, but now it says I have to 'buy' the game. Doesn't reckon that I bought it.

Must say I don't really enjoy the elevators "scrum" that happens every time on Operation Metro. It's the most random part of all the multiplayer mode, with bullets, grenades and rockets being showered around aimlessly. If I wanted that kind of gameplay I'd have stuck with COD. When things get like that (which they do, every time), I just find a quiet shadow, go prone and set off my good female cyborg friend Mavwina (the MAV) off on a voyage of discovery.

Must say I don't really enjoy the elevators "scrum" that happens every time on Operation Metro. It's the most random part of all the multiplayer mode, with bullets, grenades and rockets being showered around aimlessly. If I wanted that kind of gameplay I'd have stuck with COD. When things get like that (which they do, every time), I just find a quiet shadow, go prone and set off my good female cyborg friend Mavwina (the MAV) off on a voyage of discovery.

Yeh as I said its a joke

Also noticed a few areas/narrow streets where this also happens on BAzzar also. And it can happen in the passages of the tunnel in Davamed Peak.

I think Metro is a nice looking map and has potential for a great game but they have messed up the positioning of the flags big time.

I wish they woudl repostition the flags becuase I love the actual aesthetics of the map. Perhaps added a flag inside one off the trains also? I guess rush is more playable but its not great either.

Last edited:

LOL I bet she delves into places you never imagined :P

I like those scrums that happen, I usually take up a post with a couple of team mates covering at certain angles and we mow people down as and when they try breaking through. I think there's still room there to be tactical, but it takes several people helping each other out to be effective.

I flew a plane for the first time today, some giant heavy thing that turned like an oil tanker in the sky. Not sure what I was doing, I flew around for a bit before barrel rolling into some bushes :CONFUSE: Top Gun I ain't.

LOL I bet she delves into places you never imagined :P

I like those scrums that happen, I usually take up a post with a couple of team mates covering at certain angles and we mow people down as and when they try breaking through. I think there's still room there to be tactical, but it takes several people helping each other out to be effective.

I flew a plane for the first time today, some giant heavy thing that turned like an oil tanker in the sky. Not sure what I was doing, I flew around for a bit before barrel rolling into some bushes :CONFUSE: Top Gun I ain't.

Theres no point though becuase everyone knows the US cant get passed the elevators to get the flag. Its totally fruitless.

Bt its great for getting loadsa Xp just plant ammo and medi kits adn watch your xp shoot up lmao!

As for planes..with no bombs they kinda suck.

They get through plenty on that part of metro. If your team isn't organised, once they break through a certain point then you tend to get flooded and your team end up falling back and conceding the objective. I like it anyways!

They get through plenty on that part of metro. If your team isn't organised, once they break through a certain point then you tend to get flooded and your team end up falling back and conceding the objective. I like it anyways!

Well on pc 64 man servers I never seen us or been on a us team that managed to get that second flag.

I mean there are 3 openings, 2 escaltors and 1 stair case/corridor.

Nobody ever gets through and if they do they are pinned down long before they can capture flag

Back
Top Bottom