Battlefield 3

That is good news, but the destruction's an odd one. I think it's at the same level, a lot of destruction in BC2 for example only extended to small buildings containing Rush m-com stations etc. Added a nice tactical element, having to take out snipers who'd try mortar striking them. I guess though DICE can't do that because the maps in BF3 are so much bigger, snipers would win out indefinitely.

Kind of a shame though about sniping, I hate it in this. I love the system used in BC2. So much more satisfying and, yep, a little easier from longer ranges. I'm also seeing too much quick scoping from closer ranges going on in this.

That's a minor complaint though, it's pretty awesome.

That is good news, but the destruction's an odd one. I think it's at the same level, a lot of destruction in BC2 for example only extended to small buildings containing Rush m-com stations etc. Added a nice tactical element, having to take out snipers who'd try mortar striking them. I guess though DICE can't do that because the maps in BF3 are so much bigger, snipers would win out indefinitely.

Kind of a shame though about sniping, I hate it in this. I love the system used in BC2. So much more satisfying and, yep, a little easier from longer ranges. I'm also seeing too much quick scoping from closer ranges going on in this.

why is sniping harder in this one?

Patch out - http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111103/battlefield-3-patch-live-nov-3-will-update-servers/

Glad they're trying to sort the lag out early. I've had far too many matches with lag problems despite picking servers carefully and having a great connection. Things are pretty frantic at the moment, especially now the spawn-campers are getting their foot in. I joined a CQ game-in-progress at Operation Firestorm last night to see two tanks, a chopper and a jeep gunner spawn-killing everyone on my side with the scores nearly at 250 each and all 3 bases left neutral. The lobby was full. Couldn't do anything but spawn and die within a second!

Another thing that's starting to bother me is that tanks feel overpowered in my opinion. They seem a little fast in both mobility and fire rate. I regularly see people randomly spraying both the gun & cannon all game. In ten matches last night the guys whoring the tanks in that fashion won by a mile every single time, it was becoming boring. I've destroyed a lot of vehicles (60+) and simply disabled many too (120+), but with the speed boost they've been given by default I often have to concentrate on smashing the never-ending tank force all game and drop focus on team objectives.

Yeah there is actually a lot of destruction in this, just the way the maps are they don't really showcase it... BC2 had a lot of maps full of just houses you can blow up, but I've seen buildings get decimated in this, on Siene Crossing you can tear the faces off of them lol.

I don't particulary think it's toned down, just the maps in BC2 allowed you to use more destruction, if you get what I'm saying? Personally I prefer it this way.

I've been loving MP so far, as long as you play with a group of people you know b/c otherwise it can be terrible... people talk about COD players being stupid but my word BC2 + BF3 are full of them as well.

Also, the mortar needs patched bad, people just sit in their spawn out of sight with an ammo crate next to them and spam it over and over... so so irritating.

Re: Re: Battlefield 3

I've been loving MP so far, as long as you play with a group of people you know b/c otherwise it can be terrible... people talk about COD players being stupid but my word BC2 + BF3 are full of them as well.

Also, the mortar needs patched bad, people just sit in their spawn out of sight with an ammo crate next to them and spam it over and over... so so irritating.
Agree! The mortar should be in recon or something, no auto ammo resupply. And yeah, MW3 really needs to get released, I get the feeling a fair few of the cheap players are playing BF3 just until the COD is out.

Agree! The mortar should be in recon or something, no auto ammo resupply. And yeah, MW3 really needs to get released, I get the feeling a fair few of the cheap players are playing BF3 just until the COD is out.

So true, you could code the best game ever made then take it online and if people play like asses then it quickly becomes not very much fun.

These games are so dependant on having decent team mates and opponents who play properly.

As for the game, I really enjoy it but still not as much as BC2 for some reason. Levels on BC2 are smaller for sure, but also feel more 'tight' and focussed. I remember so many games as defenders on Rush mode pinned against the back of our map, desperately trying to defend an onslaught and prevent the team from setting the final mcom station. So far haven't had this feeling in BF3, though that again may be due to the people playing rather than the game itself. Half the time the enemy set an mcom charge and there's no-one to be seen on the defending side, they've all legged it off up the map in various directions.

BF3 is more like BC3 IMO. the maps are too small and cluster fucked. Many maps feel like a COD map.

I also hate the RPG's too many people using RPG'S flying around ruins the game. They should really make the servers more customizable so that each team only has 3-4 RPG classed players per side and same as for snipers. It ust makes it impossible to play in assault class when most are using rpg's and sniper rifles.

Maps are too small as i mentioned above. nothing like BF2 size maps. Caspian border comes close and feels much more like a BF2 map/game. the rest of the maps are downright COD-ish.

I dont think this game will keep my attention for long. already getting a bit bored of it. When i get home i dont say to myself that "Right, time to load up BF3!! lets do this!" i dont feel the urge to play it. It might grow on me again but at the moment i keep going back to fifa and other games rather then playing this.

Not a good sign. Man all i wanted was BF2 done in frostbite engine 2.0 :(

I'd give this game maybe a 7.8/10.

Patch out - http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111103/battlefield-3-patch-live-nov-3-will-update-servers/

Glad they're trying to sort the lag out early. I've had far too many matches with lag problems despite picking servers carefully and having a great connection. Things are pretty frantic at the moment, especially now the spawn-campers are getting their foot in. I joined a CQ game-in-progress at Operation Firestorm last night to see two tanks, a chopper and a jeep gunner spawn-killing everyone on my side with the scores nearly at 250 each and all 3 bases left neutral. The lobby was full. Couldn't do anything but spawn and die within a second!

Another thing that's starting to bother me is that tanks feel overpowered in my opinion. They seem a little fast in both mobility and fire rate. I regularly see people randomly spraying both the gun & cannon all game. In ten matches last night the guys whoring the tanks in that fashion won by a mile every single time, it was becoming boring. I've destroyed a lot of vehicles (60+) and simply disabled many too (120+), but with the speed boost they've been given by default I often have to concentrate on smashing the never-ending tank force all game and drop focus on team objectives.

There are a fair few bell-ends playing this game. That was my worry - that BF3 will attract the great unwashed as the game has made some steps to attract the COD crowd, and obviously getting released before it as well.

Overall I'm enjoying the game and glad I bought it but I think (as LTFC said) I find BC2 more enjoyable. BF3 seems to be more about vehicle combat and seeing half the players in the lobby either in the air or in armoured vehicles does detract from the infantry combat side of things. Also, some of the maps are too big for 24 players on the consoles and are obviously made that way to cater for jet aircraft. Speaking of which I don't really see the worth of jets either apart from being a plaything for people who don't care about the objectives.

BF3 is a very good game but disappointing in some aspects. It lacks the fun factor of BC2 for me.

There are a fair few bell-ends playing this game. That was my worry - that BF3 will attract the great unwashed as the game has made some steps to attract the COD crowd, and obviously getting released before it as well.

Overall I'm enjoying the game and glad I bought it but I think (as LTFC said) I find BC2 more enjoyable. BF3 seems to be more about vehicle combat and seeing half the players in the lobby either in the air or in armoured vehicles does detract from the infantry combat side of things. Also, some of the maps are too big for 24 players on the consoles and are obviously made that way to cater for jet aircraft. Speaking of which I don't really see the worth of jets either apart from being a plaything for people who don't care about the objectives.

BF3 is a very good game but disappointing in some aspects. It lacks the fun factor of BC2 for me.

Maybe thats the problem..console players only ones not enjoying?

I play on 64 player servers on PC so plenty infantry about

No BF3 on 360 for me for a while, some absolute total wanker hacked my XBL account, locked me out of it, then used my bank card online to buy a shed load of MS points. Presume they were gonna try and sell my account online or something. Cunt.

I had some idiot in a game a few nights ago who kept getting into our vehicles, driving them as far away from the objective as possible, then parking them, hits suicide... respawns and then grabs the next vehicle and repeated.

I actually agree, the maps are too big for just 24 players, I think the PC version must play much better. 70% of those are in vehicles, I spend the majority of matches wandering around not doing or seeing much, keeping out of the way of enemy tanks. Jets do seem pointless, aside from people who wanna play about with it. What bearing do they have on the objectives?

Hope BC2 keeps going through the rest of the year, doubt it will but I think I'll end up going back to that.

On the plus side, I finished the SP campaign, really enjoyed it. Paris level is epic. Have no idea why the reviews criticised it.

I didn't really enjoy the campaign that much, besides 1-2 great missions... just seemed like a COD rip, and not done anywhere near as well. The QTE were so poorly executed as well, no shocks as you would very noticeably lose control of your character so you knew something was coming.

That combined with the AI who consistently do nothing but shoot YOU and ignore your team mates (COD AI trait). They very rarely miss (even on easy) and your own team mate AI being retarded (Another COD trait). I was just so let down as the trailers for the SP looked brilliant.

BF3 should have stuck to what Battlefield games do well (epic scale, huge combat etc) instead of trying to mimic COD as much as possible. It's a good thing the MP is so great.

I don't find the maps being too big that much of an issue, I mainly play conquest though so me and my mates usually always have an objective to go grab. I do agree though at times there is a bit too little combat, but I'm consistently finishing in the top 3 with a great score doing nothing but the objective/helping my team... so the game is doing something right.

Last edited:
I am loving it, I finally found my feet last night with a mate, I got MVP and then top 3 in the game after, one was on Caspian Border which to me I think is the biggest level I've played, but it was fine travelling and finding enemies to fight, that was by foot, was just spawning on squad mates near enemy flags, that or spawning on a friendly zone that is close to a enemy one.

I've not noticed any unbalanced issues with the tanks and other vehicles, enough get taken down, a fair amount of people get the rockets on the go etc.

Also, the majority of maps are far from COD like to me, can only think of one that is similarish, although I can't remember all the maps names yet, meaning haven't played enough haha, I know Caspian Border well and Metro (which the tunnel can be classed as COD like I guess).

I actually agree, the maps are too big for just 24 players, I think the PC version must play much better. 70% of those are in vehicles, I spend the majority of matches wandering around not doing or seeing much, keeping out of the way of enemy tanks. Jets do seem pointless, aside from people who wanna play about with it. What bearing do they have on the objectives?

Hope BC2 keeps going through the rest of the year, doubt it will but I think I'll end up going back to that.

On the plus side, I finished the SP campaign, really enjoyed it. Paris level is epic. Have no idea why the reviews criticised it.

I've not even touched the SP mode yet. :CONFUSE: I usually play through and complete the campaign to get a feel for the game before I even start online.

Yep, the jets seem pointless to me. I've had a good play around in them but I've not scored a single point yet. They are fun to fuck about in, but armed with only a minigun they have little tactical value. If they had air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, or some high explosive free-fall bombs they would have some worth. Perhaps I should use them for Kamikaze attacks? Are there any useful unlocks later on apart from flares?

The thing is, as a footsoldier I can stand a watch the jets circling overhead and know that they pose almost no threat to me. That's how I know their inclusion is pointless. Helicopters were lethal in the right hands in BC2 and Dice should have just stuck with them and forgot about the jets.

Although I still believe some maps are far too big for 24 players, and there is too much emphasis on vehicle combat, I have had some fantastic, brutal firefights on the urban levels - Metro, Seine Crossing & Grand Bazaar.

Eventually when people level up and you play with your mates more aircraft will come into their own because people will use the lazer targetting and guidance thingies which are instant kills on vehicles(no warning you just go BOOM).

Someone on our team the other day was using the helicopter really and dropping some sort of scatter bomb on infantry trying to take flags.

Eventually when people level up and you play with your mates more aircraft will come into their own because people will use the lazer targetting and guidance thingies which are instant kills on vehicles(no warning you just go BOOM).

Someone on our team the other day was using the helicopter really and dropping some sort of scatter bomb on infantry trying to take flags.

That's better then. Trouble is I'm having difficulty scoring any points in the jets to level up.

So would you say, the lack of fun factor is basically the maps? Throw the Bad company 2 maps into battlefield 3, and it would be more fun..?

So would you say, the lack of fun factor is basically the maps? Throw the Bad company 2 maps into battlefield 3, and it would be more fun..?

Don't get me wrong, BF3 is great fun but I'm not getting those same intense firefights of attrition as often as I did in BC2. As I said before, I think it's down to the amount of people whoring vehicles rather than focusing on the objectives. The maps without jets are a lot better for getting a good fight.

That's better then. Trouble is I'm having difficulty scoring any points in the jets to level up.
I've been capturing flags & laying mines as an Engineer early on, with the EXPL perk enabled for more of those mines. Two in a spot at a time, a foot or so apart - one to disable the vehicle, the other to destroy it. Then following a death or two, I get to a jet or chopper if it's a suitable map and try to hone my skills. When the ground vehicles go over my mines whilst I learn the air vehicles, the points I get from the mine kills adds to my jet or chopper score. For example I unlocked IR Flares pretty early due to an AT mine getting me a triple kill & vehicle destroy bonus and I'd just got into a jet.

I've been capturing flags & laying mines as an Engineer early on, with the EXPL perk enabled for more of those mines. Two in a spot at a time, a foot or so apart - one to disable the vehicle, the other to destroy it. Then following a death or two, I get to a jet or chopper if it's a suitable map and try to hone my skills. When the ground vehicles go over my mines whilst I learn the air vehicles, the points I get from the mine kills adds to my jet or chopper score. For example I unlocked IR Flares pretty early due to an AT mine getting me a triple kill & vehicle destroy bonus and I'd just got into a jet.

Nice. :COOL:

Hi guys, I've made this settings tool for BF3, hope you'll like it (usefull for different SP and MP settings).

bf3settings.jpg

Informations: Code:
Code:
- Configure BF3 graphics setting
- Save 
- Play

Link: Code:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/KDQzzUF/BF3 Settings Tool.rar

Back
Top Bottom