Battlefield 3

Really enjoy the flow of bf3, feels like a parkour game (bit mirrors edgey) at times as you can sprint, vault a fence and then dive to floor crawling to cover with absolute ease in one flowing movement, - feels great.

Lack of destruction is a shame as that made bf2 unique, but this is still very good.

Really enjoy the flow of bf3, feels like a parkour game (bit mirrors edgey) at times as you can sprint, vault a fence and then dive to floor crawling to cover with absolute ease in one flowing movement, - feels great.

Lack of destruction is a shame as that made bf2 unique, but this is still very good.

I never really played bfbc2 besides the demo but i was expecting the maps to be a bit more destructive myself. hopefully the DLC will bring the destruction back

All day I tried to join a mate but the game wouldnt let me as it would have unbalanced the server if we were together.
Is this a joke?

Sorry to ask a potentially stupid question but I picked up the limited edition which gives me access to some classic Bad Company 2 maps. How do I get these or are they coming as DLC at a later date?

Sorry to ask a potentially stupid question but I picked up the limited edition which gives me access to some classic Bad Company 2 maps. How do I get these or are they coming as DLC at a later date?

They're Battlefield 2 maps including Back to Karkand. Should be out end of November or during December.

I never really played bfbc2 besides the demo but i was expecting the maps to be a bit more destructive myself. hopefully the DLC will bring the destruction back

I had to decide between getting BC2 or waiting for BF3.*I loved the destruction in the bfbc2 multiplayer demo, unlike the bf3 demo, but everyone said that was just the bad COD-style map so I was hoping the full game would satisfy my thirst for carnage.
So Frostbite 2 with Destruction 3.0 is gonna give me LESS destruction than Bad company 2!? :SHOCK: Why did I not see this coming!?

Last edited:
Ah ok, cheers. Didn't have a clue what I was getting to be honest. The limited edition was only a few quid more so just picked it up.

Good choice, the map pack that the limited edition comes with will cost everyone else £11.99 so I understand.

Hi guys...do you lot have a problem of when an enemy is right infront of you,your weapon is switched to your killing knife? Its very frustrating for me...Is this a known bug?

I had to decide between getting BC2 or waiting for BF3.*I loved the destruction in the bfbc2 multiplayer demo, unlike the bf3 demo, but everyone said that was just the bad COD-style map so I was hoping the full game would satisfy my thirst for carnage.
So Frostbite 2 with Destruction 3.0 is gonna give me LESS destruction than Bad company 2!? :SHOCK: Why did I not see this coming!?

I think it has to do with the core gameplay.

The maps change far to much with full destrcution.

I think they designed BF3 maps to have fixed areas and fixed points. Full destruction would change the areas.

Thats the only reason I can think they toned down the destruction?

I mean if you played previous bf games and all maps were reduced to rubble it would lose the maps feel.

LOL I might have experienced something similar. I think I'll also do the campaign until it gets sorted, have to say the SP side of the game didn't get amazing reviews but I'm really enjoying it. Love the initial few levels particularly.

It's a little sad but I have two copies of the game now, have friends on both formats and got one with a load of unused vouchers, and I have to say I slightly prefer the xbox version visually, it's sharper, slightly higher res than the PS3 one, but only very marginally. Also prefer the controller too.

I did however have a brilliant game on the MP earlier. Our team didn't know what they were doing (no-one still knows about spotting it seems) and we got trashed, but I had an epic moment single handedly trying to keep the other team out of one of our bases. They were spawning repeatedly on our roof thanks to the tactical spawn, and no-one else seemed to realise. Was very fun taking people out as they tried re-entering the building from the roof :)

Sp is good. Though I noticed they copied blacks op in the way the story is told via interogation and flashbacks. (also somilar to alpha protocol)

Also notice some similarites to grpahics and environments used in mirrors edge.

Yeah, I don't know why the reviewers even marked it down on SP, it plays amazingly anyway. I really enjoyed it, some missions get you involved in other things besides just foot infantry in a more direct way which COD had never done, was a good change of pace and had several iconic moments for me, the free fall was pretty bad ass.

After all the fuss of the graphics in comparison to PC, with the HD textures at least, the game looked amazing to me, the lighting deserves special mention. Am still yet to play the Co-Op missions, but my mate will probably join in on that some point soon.

Online, regarding destruction, I thought it was pretty decent, I forgot the level, but I was in a building overlooking a control point, and the opposite had a road in the middle, buildings either side, which were blown to bits, the rubble formed a barrier in the road, was pretty awesome.

Yeah, I don't know why the reviewers even marked it down on SP, it plays amazingly anyway. I really enjoyed it, some missions get you involved in other things besides just foot infantry in a more direct way which COD had never done, was a good change of pace and had several iconic moments for me, the free fall was pretty bad ass.

After all the fuss of the graphics in comparison to PC, with the HD textures at least, the game looked amazing to me, the lighting deserves special mention. Am still yet to play the Co-Op missions, but my mate will probably join in on that some point soon.

Online, regarding destruction, I thought it was pretty decent, I forgot the level, but I was in a building overlooking a control point, and the opposite had a road in the middle, buildings either side, which were blown to bits, the rubble formed a barrier in the road, was pretty awesome.

I'm enjoying the sp massively, only gripe i have is some moments are heavily scripted, which is not a big deal, just something which they could tone down

co-op is pretty fun, only played 3 levels on co-op but i enjoyed that alo, doesn't seem to be too many levels on co op which is a bit of a let down but can't have everything i guess

I'm enjoying the sp massively, only gripe i have is some moments are heavily scripted, which is not a big deal, just something which they could tone down

co-op is pretty fun, only played 3 levels on co-op but i enjoyed that alo, doesn't seem to be too many levels on co op which is a bit of a let down but can't have everything i guess

how do you get to fly the heli on 2nd coop; I keep joining and am made gunner.

Its random?

Back
Top Bottom