Battlefield 3

Jay, did you join a game I was in earlier? Thought I spotted your name on my team but I had to shoot off shortly after.

It's bloody hard getting to grips with it, but once you're 3 or 4 games in it's superb. Got absolutely destroyed in my first game - 1 kill and I think 6 or 7 deaths.

Need to upgrade from the AK47. I've unlocked the scope but not the grips or laser sight yet.

There's about 18 main weapons for Assault. Then pistols and shotguns as well. Haven't touched the other classes yet.

Played about 7 or 8 games of Conquest. Rank 2 or 3 at the moment with one Ace pin (4.5k points in a round).

145 ranks. Mental.

anyone manage to compare pc ps3 versions.

I just got my pc copy unsure whether to pick up ps3 version purely to play with my pd3 freinds.

Servers been fine tonight

Actually managed some kills, the best being 8 kills 9 deaths lol

Still need to get my head around all this, any good tutorials for multiplayer etc?

I"m sure I'll be asking for the same thing when my game arrives, but after playing Bad Company 2 (yeah, I know it's not Battlefield technically but I never played BF2) then I'd say use cover ALL the time, fire in small bursts to limit recoil and SPOT using the select button. It's vital and gets you more points. It tells everyone on your side where that person is.

If there's one thing I wish people knew about more in these games, it's how vital it is to spot!

Useless Amazon, have only just shipped it. Guess I'll get it immediately AFTER the weekend now :(

I have forgot to use that. Not sure how it works. I see someone I press the back button?

I get mixed up with whois on my side or against.

How can you easily spot enemies? Do they not have a name above them? Or do they have a different colour?

I must be stupid or something but I can't see how to choose hardcore games. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jihad-jeeping is a lot of fun on this. Mainly due to the amount of folk camped in tanks spraying aimlessly. Great game overall, some amazing MP moments to be had.

I have forgot to use that. Not sure how it works. I see someone I press the back button?

I get mixed up with whois on my side or against.

How can you easily spot enemies? Do they not have a name above them? Or do they have a different colour?

Enemy don't have names above them initially and when you spot them, their name appears in red.

Spot EVERYTHING!! Vehicles, soldiers and even objectives. You get massive points if you spot an objective and your team take it or other actions are completed within the zone.

Also use your class tools all the time. Hand out medic kits if you a medic, ammo if you are assault etc (it's left on dpad if you isn't know). After a while you I'll unlock the class 'tool' for your class - e.g. Defibrillators for the medic, which you use to revive team members. Massive points again for doing stuff like that (right on dpad for the tool once it's unlocked).

Great game though, loving it!

Is there no way to set up your squad so your party are in the same team? Played with bitter last night for a coupld of games but we were put in a separate team even tho we were in a squad before starting.

I forgot how great that was to be a medic.
One time, I managed to finish 1st of the server without killing anyone!

i have been playing on hardcore and thought i was doing it right by holiding down my sight and then pressing the back button (xbox) however i don't seem to get the arrow above their head. does this mean it is not available in hardcore mode?

Enemy don't have names above them initially and when you spot them, their name appears in red.

Spot EVERYTHING!! Vehicles, soldiers and even objectives. You get massive points if you spot an objective and your team take it or other actions are completed within the zone.

Also use your class tools all the time. Hand out medic kits if you a medic, ammo if you are assault etc (it's left on dpad if you isn't know). After a while you I'll unlock the class 'tool' for your class - e.g. Defibrillators for the medic, which you use to revive team members. Massive points again for doing stuff like that (right on dpad for the tool once it's unlocked).

Great game though, loving it!

I have a dilemma in that I have a group of friends playing this on xbox, but also have another group of friends playing on PS3. Xbox copy is in the post, but I don't want to spend more money on the same game.

Will anyone else be mad enough to cough up for two versions?

I also noticed BF3 is £49.99 on the PSN. Crazy rip off price, but that comes with the map DLC in December, so I figure it's no different than someone buying the standard edition from GAME or something and then spending the £10 later on for the maps. Plus, I have a £25 voucher that I've not used, meaning I could get it, maps included, as a digital download for around £25. Hmm, not sure, it's tempting as I could download the game within an hour, but can't get over the idea that I'd be aiding and abetting EA selling it for that fucking crazy rip off price......

I have a dilemma in that I have a group of friends playing this on xbox, but also have another group of friends playing on PS3. Xbox copy is in the post, but I don't want to spend more money on the same game.

Will anyone else be mad enough to cough up for two versions?

I also noticed BF3 is £49.99 on the PSN. Crazy rip off price, but that comes with the map DLC in December, so I figure it's no different than someone buying the standard edition from GAME or something and then spending the £10 later on for the maps. Plus, I have a £25 voucher that I've not used, meaning I could get it, maps included, as a digital download for around £25. Hmm, not sure, it's tempting as I could download the game within an hour, but can't get over the idea that I'd be aiding and abetting EA selling it for that fucking crazy rip off price......

Shopto are selling the limited edition with the maps for around £38 delivered.

Well if you have batman:AC, fifa 12, pes 12 or forza 4 and don't enjoy it immensely, then you can trade it in for limited edition for £7.99 out of game, which i found pretty good deal

Shopto are selling the limited edition with the maps for around £38 delivered.

Yeah it's a far better deal, but I kinda like having digital copies - no wear on your PS3 drive, no need for discs etc. I know most people differ on that but that's just me. Plus, the only reason I'm gonna pay that outrageous price is that I've had PSN card funds for absolutely ages that I just never find anything to spend them on, meaning I get it for £20. Ah bollocks to it, gonna download it.

The ak is too overpowered and is ridiculous from range, feels like needs toned down a bit and also range

I got this on PS3 and i have had a bug riddled bloody game with players bodies submerged in the ground and the game taking forever to load.

I downloaded the game from PSN thanks to some vouchers I'd had for ages (only way I'd ever download a game off there for £50!). Playing the story mode at the moment, and f**k me the graphics are stunning. Best looking PS3 game I've ever seen.

Downloading it's been great, it all comes on one file, no need to install the graphics texture pack as it comes already installed, single player & MP all in one, no PS3 drive revving back and forth. Playing COD4 pretty much ruined my old PS3 (wore the bluray drive) so having a game with no disc is more reassuring!

So what's the general consensus on this compared to Bad Company 2? BC2 is one of my favourite ever games so is this even better?

The GAME trade-in deal is quite tempting, although I wouldn't mind hanging on to PES a little longer.

I'm fairly enjoying the repair tool, sneaking up on so many tanks etc. and burning them

Although the amount of people that bum just vehicles is quite sad

Last edited:
It's certainly beautiful to look at but I'm still trying to get used to the more open, larger maps. Haven't been in a game yet though where anyone seems to know how to play though. No-one seems to disarm the objectives or spot.

I'm a little disappointed the graphics don't quite live up to the SP campaign in their sharpness but overall it looks like a great game. Still much prefer the BC2 maps but probably haven't learnt them enough yet.

One question, why is it that you can only choose certain weapons depending on the map you're playing? Don't like that at all.

It's certainly beautiful to look at but I'm still trying to get used to the more open, larger maps. Haven't been in a game yet though where anyone seems to know how to play though. No-one seems to disarm the objectives or spot.

I bet they do know how to play, they're just the same selfish idiots who ruined bad company 2 with refusing to play objective games with the objectives in mind. It's the main reason I passed on the game knowing that 50% of the time I'll be frustrated at team mates ignoring their roles.

I bet they do know how to play, they're just the same selfish idiots who ruined bad company 2 with refusing to play objective games with the objectives in mind. It's the main reason I passed on the game knowing that 50% of the time I'll be frustrated at team mates ignoring their roles.
its not that bad on the pc version. most work as a team. brilliant game this is

I play on the AVF server which caters for up top 64 players and we have over 30 afv members there so 9/10 you see lots of us playing together as a team.

Such a masterpiece this game and has already sold 10million before friday. this can easily outsell MW3 i reckon or come really close to doing so

Back
Top Bottom