Battlefield 3

jonney

do you have any problems getting in the same squad as your mates?

few of us went online last night but we all got split up in the same game even though we were in the same squad

Still enjoying it tonnes, but experiencing a lot of frantic matches with tanks dominating proceedings. A lot of people never spot still either.

Odd question but I've only just started playing so haven't unlocked anything yet, but I've noticed you can't seemingly choose the same weapons from map to map. Is this just a Battlefield thing?

Also, has anyone had mic problems? I joined two of my mates last night, jumped into their squad, but they couldn't hear me, yet they could hear each other. The little sound icon appeared next to my name whenever I spoke, but no-one could hear me. Pretty sure something was wrong because I couldn't hear them through the headset, but through the TV instead.

i have played 8 hours of this game mainly on my own in a random squad/team and it has been very tough

i have just played with a couple of mates, shooto and jaz and it has opened this game up so much more. amazing stuff

Annoyed at the lack of colour blind option yet again from dice. It's fine when running and gunning but on something like the mortar view, impossible to tell the difference between team mate dots and enemy until it's too late. Seems like z great game though, feels more like 1943 expanded into a modern era than bad company 2.

jonney

do you have any problems getting in the same squad as your mates?

few of us went online last night but we all got split up in the same game even though we were in the same squad
i have not tried the party system yet but all i done was joined same server my mates on and hook and join in the squad my mates play in

Well if you have batman:AC, fifa 12, pes 12 or forza 4 and don't enjoy it immensely, then you can trade it in for limited edition for £7.99 out of game, which i found pretty good deal

Thanks for the info. I went into GAME today and picked up the limited edition for £7.99. They are also doing the standard edition for £4.99 too.

I traded PES2012 for it and the way this deal works out I effectively got every single penny back on it. Cheers aitken. :TU:

Thanks for the info. I went into GAME today and picked up the limited edition for £7.99. They are also doing the standard edition for £4.99 too.

I traded PES2012 for it and the way this deal works out I effectively got every single penny back on it. Cheers aitken. :TU:

I know mate but for the extra £3, I'd rather have battlefield limited addition, glad could help you out ;)

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble getting into Battlelog? I presume I just use my PSN ID to log into it but it says it's the incorrect login/password. Any ideas?

Never seen a game that uses explosive and bum vehicles as much in all my life, its actually ruining the experience.

From the short session I had online earlier I'm struggling a bit with this game. I consider myself pretty good at BC2 after putting in around 300 hours across the two consoles, but I'm getting absolutely hammered on this and struggling to get a kill. The game feels a lot different.

Not exactly struck by the visuals either. I think Bad Company 2 looks better (in multiplayer anyway).

Played for 20 mins before and it's well different to BF2.

Gonna take a lot of getting used to and it's only good when you're in a team. When we going to have a big session?

Had a blast on this earlier with a couple of mates, gonna get a lot of play time out of this like I did with BC2. Hopefully BC2 won't be abandoned either, that's still awesome but different. I like how this is more open ended.

Two things I really need practice on though; flying jets and sniping.

Flew one jet earlier, took off, had no idea what I was doing, went upside down, flew into a bunch of trees :P

As for sniping, it's impossible so far. Having a combination of massive ranges in which you try and hit a moving target, bullet drop, and holding your breath at the same time is hard. Maybe explains why I've not noticed a great deal of snipers so far. They were all over the place in BC2, not so much here. Probably a good thing in the long run.

As for graphics, they're a bit hit and miss in MP. Some maps look worse than BC2, others are stunning. That map (don't know it's name yet) where you start in the aircraft harrier then get across the water to the mainland looks fantastic. Love the lighting effects when you look into the sun up the map.

Had a blast on this earlier with a couple of mates, gonna get a lot of play time out of this like I did with BC2. Hopefully BC2 won't be abandoned either, that's still awesome but different. I like how this is more open ended.

Two things I really need practice on though; flying jets and sniping.

Flew one jet earlier, took off, had no idea what I was doing, went upside down, flew into a bunch of trees :P

As for sniping, it's impossible so far. Having a combination of massive ranges in which you try and hit a moving target, bullet drop, and holding your breath at the same time is hard. Maybe explains why I've not noticed a great deal of snipers so far. They were all over the place in BC2, not so much here. Probably a good thing in the long run.

As for graphics, they're a bit hit and miss in MP. Some maps look worse than BC2, others are stunning. That map (don't know it's name yet) where you start in the aircraft harrier then get across the water to the mainland looks fantastic. Love the lighting effects when you look into the sun up the map.

Whats the differences between bfbc2 and bf3 and whats the pros and cons off each

cheers

Erm, that's kind of a long question to answer. If you've never played either then they're more open ended, creative squad based games where teamwork wins out. Tons of destruction, vehicles, huge maps (in BF3 mainly), if you like shooters then BC2 and BF3 are the best I've ever played. So much better than the COD series, but only if you're into teamwork.

Erm, that's kind of a long question to answer. If you've never played either then they're more open ended, creative squad based games where teamwork wins out. Tons of destruction, vehicles, huge maps (in BF3 mainly), if you like shooters then BC2 and BF3 are the best I've ever played. So much better than the COD series, but only if you're into teamwork.

Oh i have played all the bf games and bfbc2 I just installed bf3 last night. I was interested in your thoughts.

for me so far BF3 is slightly more open and less destruction than bfbc2. Battles can be larger scale.

Defiantely much less destrcution in bf3 but if all destruction was destoryed as in bfbc2 thered be no cover and maps weould just be flatttened out and it lose the old bf feel.

Thats my initial quick thoughts.

Agree about the destruction, it's not as good as in BC2. In some BC2 maps the whole area used to gradually get flattened and people would be having mass fights hiding within that rubble, using it as cover. Was brilliant.

I do like this game but so far I'm not getting that same 'siege' mentality in the Rush modes as the defending team. I think it's because the BF3 maps don't bottleneck people into direct fire fights (Paris Metro map excepted). While that's a good thing because maps are more open, it loses some of the tension and 'epic' feel to some of the battles. Hopefully it'll be better after a bit more play time.

Agree about the destruction, it's not as good as in BC2. In some BC2 maps the whole area used to gradually get flattened and people would be having mass fights hiding within that rubble, using it as cover. Was brilliant.

I do like this game but so far I'm not getting that same 'siege' mentality in the Rush modes as the defending team. I think it's because the BF3 maps don't bottleneck people into direct fire fights (Paris Metro map excepted). While that's a good thing because maps are more open, it loses some of the tension and 'epic' feel to some of the battles. Hopefully it'll be better after a bit more play time.

Are you PC or console btw?

Maybe the game was more designed for conquest the trasitonal bf game mode.

Rush was a bfbc thing.

I miss the destructabily of bfbc2 tbh. That makes me want to go back to bfbc2.

But as I say I think if the maps were reduced to rubble in bf3 it would not be like a traditional bf game.....eg on Siene map and hiding in the roofs and windows off buildings on different levels, sneaking out shots and sniping..IF they building was destroyed and flattened then that tactic is no longer off use.

100% destruciton changes the maps/games completely im guessing DICE didnt want this to happen in BF3 hence the limited destrcuviton.

At least I think I can still play BFBC2 and BF3 at same time. I mean I dont need to stop BFBC2 as its not same game but sequel. SO BFBC2 sometimes maybe?

Back
Top Bottom