Battlefield 3

pc or ps3?

My pc is way more powerful than my ps3 but ironically toiled with the beta. So the ps3 verison must be very low graphics?

Also ps3 only 12v12

Also ps3 controller not keys/mouse

ps3 play on 40 inch hdtv, pc play on 24 inch monitor

Pc prob need upgrade 3-500 quid.

Currently

5770 1gb hd
2.3ghz dual core
3gb ddr2 ram

Last edited:
IGN review says MP is simply stunning, but is slightly marred by an average single player campagn. But honestly, does anyone really buy this for the single player?

When BC2 came out single player took about 8 hours to complete, but I played MP for hundreds more hours than that.

xbox360textures.jpg

IGN review says MP is simply stunning, but is slightly marred by an average single player campagn. But honestly, does anyone really buy this for the single player?

When BC2 came out single player took about 8 hours to complete, but I played MP for hundreds more hours than that.

Yeah, it seems like it's the single player campaign which is affecting the review scores for BF3. Every single media outlet has claimed the multiplayer is fantastic. It's a shame the scores are hit because they have to include the single player and co-op elements into the final verdict. If it was multiplayer alone it would be scoring massively. Still, it's getting 8.5s and a 9 from IGN so it's not too bad.

can i hide behind you then?

sounds like it is a game to keep you busy for a long time.

i am going to find it tough no doubt

It is good. It is chaotic. It is frustrating at times. It is great looking. It will take time to get use to. It is a great game.

Basically there is a lot going on. People all over the place. Explosions everywhere. Gun fire everywhere.

Great, more people to pick off :)

Grand bazaar is really THE map for me right now...been having a blast on pc. Conquest with 64 player is insane in a big but more closed combat map like grand bazaar. I think its best right now for the fact that its a 2 day old game and people arent really communicating yet , their more experiencing the gameplay vibe

I can't stand Grand Bazaar, it's just COD really. Horrible, narrow alleys and basically COD run-and-gun. Tehran Highway is probably my favourite.

How's the team work element? I found bad company 1 fantastic but 2 was riddled with selfish ignorant players. It made playing objective modes infuriating as people would stand waiting for tanks and choppers rather than go to the objective and help. In their heads, sitting on a hill top sniping and getting a few kills helps more than being on the frontline and supporting everyone directly.

nice one J

have you jumped straight into MP or doing single player first?

how did you install the HD pack, was there an option to install it?

i have never played battlefield.....

my game is waiting at home for me

Yeah Bitter I did the install I installed both disks anyway. I started with single player and I think that is really good then did two rounds of MP and fuck me it's good. gotta go to work now though I'll be on later tonight. Dags that is pretty bad, but if you don't have a HD there is something wrong with you anyway.

Superb game but found 1 major turnoff. When playing hardcore multiplayer you still get spotted on the mini-map when you shoot. Ridiculous...

I know SP is a big deal these days, but I don't see Arkham City getting marked down for having no multiplayer.

If the multiplayer in a game is arguably one of the best of the year, especially for a game which is built, and always has been, for multiplayer, then why mark it down SO much cause its got a sub-par single player?

Even if they didn't chuck a SP in, I'd still buy it. I'd love to know who buys a Battlefield game and really gives a shit about the SP.

Back
Top Bottom