Battlefield 3

the amount of ram u chose is abit overkill. even 3gb would run this game fine imo but i have 6gb and thats th sweet spot, 9gb is fine but 12gb? whoa hehe.

get a 580gtx if u can afford it otherwise a 570 or a 6890 will do

the build is mainly for virtualization environment, more of a test lab

however as it will be powerful enough to run games plus it will have an SSD drive

i might take advatage of it

however slight problem is i only have a 24" monitor, i would rather play it on the tv but they are seperate rooms...

:S

Battlefield 3 Video Game, PC Vs Xbox 360 Vs PS3 Comparison HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Very impressed with how good the PS3 and Xbox 360 looks. Thought the PC would have had WAY better graphics if you read all the PC fanboy posts everywhere on other forums.

Well according to most sites the console version is on par with the Call of Duty games graphically, where the PC version is said to be the greatest graphics seen since people switched from a Spectrum to C64.

I have to wait for a while though as I decided I would rather pay £25 for the limited edition rather than the £40 EA wanted on Origin. So much for digital distribution is meant to save the customer money because no retail costs, packaging, distribution costs etc etc......

Last edited:
i was thinking of getting this on the xbox 360.

but i am upgrading my pc to a

i7 920 d0 clocked at 4ghz
12 gb 1600 mhz ram

currently have an ati x1950 pro which would be the bottle neck.

if i upgraded the graphics card my guess would be it would handle this game no problems? what sort of graphics card would i go for?

thanks

Hmmmm...:SHOCK:

EA really are a joke with their servers.

The FIFA FSC servers are the flakiest I've ever seen, more often than not saying it can't connect.

And now BF3 has just disconnected me, I'd had a pretty good game but NOTHING from the game registered on Battlelog. Nothing. As if I didn't play.

So essentially multiplayer is kinda broken if you don't just play for fun and if you want to unlock. Because you can spend an hour playing a round, get disconnected and all your stats/points/unlocks from that round never happened.

Pissed right off.

EA really are a joke with their servers.

The FIFA FSC servers are the flakiest I've ever seen, more often than not saying it can't connect.

And now BF3 has just disconnected me, I'd had a pretty good game but NOTHING from the game registered on Battlelog. Nothing. As if I didn't play.

So essentially multiplayer is kinda broken if you don't just play for fun and if you want to unlock. Because you can spend an hour playing a round, get disconnected and all your stats/points/unlocks from that round never happened.

Pissed right off.

It's typical from them, both BC2 and BC were shocking the first few days, same with the past FIFA's as well.

It's like they don't expect their games to sell huge amounts ever, as the servers are never up to scratch and all we hear is "We didn't expect this many users!"

Sad to hear BF3 is messing up as well, hopefully it's all sorted for the 360 version when it comes out in the UK, as I'll get it on Thursday as will a few of my mates... it better be working.

i am going to pre order this....

never played these type of games...

going to get it on the xbox 360 just because i have more mates on xbox 360 and it is easier for me to play on my bigger

screen/head set etc

what version should i get? not sure if i would benefit from limited?

Last edited:
I think the LTD editions come with several maps as if you had pre-ordered.

Shopto can probably get it shipped out for Thurs if you order tomorrow.

-

I bought BC2 on a whim last year and certainly got my monies worth. Primarily i am a fighting games fan because with a bit of practice they become generally well balanced, funnily enough to me BC2 works like a fighting game, with class balance, skill and team-work really making the game shine.

-

There were teething connection problems at launch and a few patches i believe, certainly an annoyance but par for the course i suspect.

Does the standard version come with the extra disc with the texture pack on? I believe the extra textures make the game look miles better than not using it.

Should do, I haven't heard about the texture pack being limited to early pre-orders etc. It'll just come on the disc as standard I'd imagine.

Yeah xbox gets two discs, PS3 one disc on account of bluray discs having more storage capacity.

cheers

so what is the best price for this?

someone said

This will be £24. 99 in Sainsbury's on Friday when bought with a 2100 points card (£17. 49) - £37. 99 on its own.

now am i better off walking into a shop and getting it at this price on Friday or is the extra content really worth the pre order at £40?

thanks

I think the LTD editions come with several maps as if you had pre-ordered.

Shopto can probably get it shipped out for Thurs if you order tomorrow.

-

I bought BC2 on a whim last year and certainly got my monies worth. Primarily i am a fighting games fan because with a bit of practice they become generally well balanced, funnily enough to me BC2 works like a fighting game, with class balance, skill and team-work really making the game shine.

-

There were teething connection problems at launch and a few patches i believe, certainly an annoyance but par for the course i suspect.

cheers

so what is the best price for this?

someone said

now am i better off walking into a shop and getting it at this price on Friday or is the extra content really worth the pre order at £40?

thanks

Well the 2100 pts are actually only £15 at most places, I say most places, I only know that it's that price at Play.com and Amazon.co.uk... but I would assume others are around that cost. Dunno if that helps, as your still be getting the game for £25. Although in that respect the 2100 pts are £3 more. Overall saving £12 if bought separately.

I was in a dilemma the other day, as I got a £15 off voucher for Amazon, so could get the game for basically £25 (excluding delivery), but was then curious about delivery timing.

I also completed Rage last night and was curious on what to do with it. I have it pre-ordered at Game, and found out I could get £25 trade in, better than cash at CEX so took that then and there haha, with Dead Space 2 (only £4 but couldn't be bothered to go elsewhere).

I bought Rage for £25 to begin with, well chuffed with that, so got fiver pre-order, £29 trade in and it's a midnight launch.

I am not sure on the cost in store though, hoping it's £40, but Batman and Fifa etc have been something stupid like £42. So I am looking to now spend only about £6-8 depending on in store price :D Happy days, and that Amazon voucher can go towards Uncharted 3 or Modern Warfare haha.

Scoring pretty well on the consoles thus far. 85% on Metacritic, basically because they have to score it including the single player. For example, Eurogamer gave it an 8/10, but cited the multiplayer as being excellent and that most of the downfalls in single and co-op won't matter to many as they only play the multiplayer anyway.

All other reviews are saying the multiplayer is the game in a nutshell, but obviously they can't just review the multiplayer.

All good, but I'll still play the single player regardless :COOL:

Technically unparalleled. The single player campaign isn't quite as great as Black Ops's story, but the multiplayer mode is outright stunning. That said, Battlefield 3 is the console shooter to get this year.

Been playing this afternoon, the game is simply stunning on PC...plays very well... theres a few little bug but that doesnt really affect the gameplay...probably will be solve in the next update probably coming very soon. I am amaze by the graphics and gun have way more recoil than the beta, its simply stunning

i have just ordered from shopto :CONFUSE:

Well the 2100 pts are actually only £15 at most places, I say most places, I only know that it's that price at Play.com and Amazon.co.uk... but I would assume others are around that cost. Dunno if that helps, as your still be getting the game for £25. Although in that respect the 2100 pts are £3 more. Overall saving £12 if bought separately.

I was in a dilemma the other day, as I got a £15 off voucher for Amazon, so could get the game for basically £25 (excluding delivery), but was then curious about delivery timing.

I also completed Rage last night and was curious on what to do with it. I have it pre-ordered at Game, and found out I could get £25 trade in, better than cash at CEX so took that then and there haha, with Dead Space 2 (only £4 but couldn't be bothered to go elsewhere).

I bought Rage for £25 to begin with, well chuffed with that, so got fiver pre-order, £29 trade in and it's a midnight launch.

I am not sure on the cost in store though, hoping it's £40, but Batman and Fifa etc have been something stupid like £42. So I am looking to now spend only about £6-8 depending on in store price :D Happy days, and that Amazon voucher can go towards Uncharted 3 or Modern Warfare haha.

Haha, I normally love shopto as their prices are usually amazing in comparison, but it's still like £39.85. But delivery is always good with them.

But yeah, GAME give you it for £4.99 with trading in Batman, PES2012, Gears of War 3 or Forza 4 or £2.99 at HMV for Batman or Forza I believe.

In fact you guys can get it for like £30.57 if I remember correctly from ASDA online with this 10% off code: KB6B-OOXF-ALBI-UYDF

I have paid now lol

Just hope I can get in to this game as ihave never been able to get in to games other than FIFA or pes

You wait till release day I am sure you will get a decent deal you normally do with big games.

I will be suprised if you can't get it below £30 from either of the supermarkets or best buy.

Well going with the trade-in, i bought fifa for £25, got £22 for it trading in then spent an extra £12 for pes and now trading that in to get battlefield for £5, so it's worked out pretty good for me so far.

the maps you get with special edition, will you be able to purchase them if you have standard edition?

Back
Top Bottom