Battlefield 3

Those new not seen maps look genuinely epic, one has amphibious warfare, can't wait, and to think, getting the Limited Edition, will get you the 4 remade maps of already great maps.

Should be awesome!

OB_2D00_Stats_2D00_Final.jpg

Server Browser confirmed for consoles.

When choosing multiplayer and searching for a match, options include a list of servers, the country the server is located, connection speed and stability, map and number of players.

Neat. No more just entering a random game.

JSGANEW102011

Just add that and your get discounted £8 (20% off it seems).

*edit* How many times can that code be used? Not sure if anyone knows, I added 5 games and it discounted them all, but I am guessing you have to do it all at once and not several times independently.

*edit* Turns out it is actually on the homepage of Sainsburys Entertainment and valid only for first time users.

Last edited:
Is it worth upgrading my pc for this game alone?

I did read a report online where they done a comparison between MW3 and BF3 and said that the console version of both games looked simila, but the PC version was probably the best looking game they had ever seen which must be impressive when you think how amazing Crysis looks(not to be confused with Crysis 2).
But upto you I only play PC games, far superior graphics and best form of controller for every game.

But with BF3 24 v 64 players there just isn't any comparison.

Early impressions from the guy with the retail :

I'm back...Some early impressions responses to your questions

Yes its a retail 2 disk copy, you can check my gt now if you dont believe me. MP dont work right now..It isnt letting me and my friend who got the game for me went through the same thing. So I am just playing SP.

There is an option for a 1.7 (or 1.8 dont remember) graphical update. Despite what people think the game looks great without it. I started without it to see if there was a difference. With that said....DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE..with the update the game looks AMAZING..textures are insanely detailed and the lighting is top notch.. The story is really good so far. I honestly hope that MW3 is great if it intends to keep up in this arms race lol.

They are doing alot of things early to really show off the frostbite engine, namely a building collapsing on a dude lol

there has been alot of weapon variety that I have seen so far in my short play. I was playing it in my room with a bunch of my COD fanboy friends and their jaws dropped when I fired it up on my 52 inch lcd.

People who complained about the graphics on the beta need not worry. First of all they dialed down the graphics as they focused mostly on server stress testing. I can only imagine how this thing will look on pc. I am doing nothing once I get home from work other than playin this bad boy so feel free to ask some questions. If i had the pvr thing I would do a live stream but i dont :-(

Also they nailed the lighting..I got killed by some guy who had a maglight on his gun and blinded the lalalala outta me before proceeding to blast me haha

Don't worry pal you didn't miss much with the beta, one map, which wasn't very good, and no destruction etc yet. Only a week to go and we'll have the whole thing! :)

Back
Top Bottom