Battlefield 3

loving caspian border. such an awsome map. u console guys can play that level in the beta? if not do not and i mean do not judge the game based on that shitty metro + rush mode crap

That shot was nice, and see the extra bonus for the headshot... must judge it by distance, so more skilled shots get better bonuses?

Yeah I have been playing Battlefield 2 recently, and it is still quite great, I do believe it is more the level design that makes it stand out, and I tried the Caspian Border beta level and it does look much better and seem to play like how it is expected. Although mine was not as smooth playing, it was definitely more noticeable.

But more essentially I believe it is the conquest game type that makes it more open, as naturally Metro, the whole level will be open at all time, instead of heavily focused on individual sections, which I am looking forward to either way. Guess only have to wait 20 days until all maps get played :)

Doesn't the beta end today? I logged on to this for the first time in nearly a week and some players are up to level 30 or so. That's insane.

Fair enough, I've been assuming you ranked up roughly the same speed it took on BC2. Took me a LONG time to rank up to level 36 and above on that. I wonder why they've made ranking up faster this time around?

Is there anyone out there (like me) planning on getting this and MW3 primarily to play the campaign mode? Not a big fan of playing online, mainly due to being banned from XBOX Live as console is flashed with LTv2.0+ therefore will 'get' this and MW3 just to play campaign mode.

Brother played the beta and he said it was not as good as MW2 or COD: BLOPS online. He being the opposite of me in the sense that he only gets the COD games just to play online, not even aware of the SP campaign mode.

On a sidenote, Teagan Presley is hot with a capital H:SHOCK:. Got a few of her vids, am I the only one who prefers her with her football shaped cans?

Last edited:
well dosnt in bc2 you get 50 point for a kill? You now get 100 point for a kill... =p

points rank up pretty fast even if your not helping mates...wich i find disgracefull, you could just kill people and be on top easily.

Fair enough, I've been assuming you ranked up roughly the same speed it took on BC2. Took me a LONG time to rank up to level 36 and above on that. I wonder why they've made ranking up faster this time around?

I think it's because the ranking cap is now something stupid like 150, where it was 50 previously.

The console versions of Battlefield 3 will never be able to hold up graphically to the game running on a high-end PC, but EA have announced that an optional install will be available to get it looking it as pretty as possible on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

The Xbox 360 version wil ship on 2 discs. The first disc contains the multiplayer, co-op and high resolution texture pack, and the second disc the single player campaign. You can pop disc 2 in and play straight away, but installing the texture pack from disc one first will cache higher resolution textures on you hard drive that will be loaded in place on the ones that stream directly from the disc. The PS3 version works much the same way, but of course all of the content will ship on a singular Blu-ray.

There are no comparison shots available as of yet, but it’s nice that EA is offering this option. This seems to be a trend with last week’s Rage offering a similar option.

:COOL:

haha £50? LOL i can get the pc version for half that price!

Half price game, on hardware that costs probably three to four times the price of a console. Swings and roundabouts. Danm, I got reeled in again! ;) And it's not £50. I preordered it for £39.99 with extra dlc content.

Incientally, the install option on consoles sounds awesome. Really like the sound of that :)

Half price game, on hardware that costs probably three to four times the price of a console. Swings and roundabouts. Danm, I got reeled in again! ;) And it's not £50. I preordered it for £39.99 with extra dlc content.

Incientally, the install option on consoles sounds awesome. Really like the sound of that :)

Same here. £38.99 I believe, from Amazon. Special Edition.

If the RRP is £50 does that mean that ea have increased the cut they take from the sale and so have recommended the price increased to £50 so everyone else gets the same cut they're used to? Places selling under that are making less profit.

Fap fap fap fap....

Cheers for the linkage Monkey. I'm going to lose as many hours to this as I did to Red Shoe Diaries. Can't wait to see the next 5 maps. Powering BFBC2 in the meantime.

Fap fap fap fap....

Cheers for the linkage Monkey. I'm going to lose as many hours to this as I did to Red Shoe Diaries. Can't wait to see the next 5 maps. Powering BFBC2 in the meantime.

Np :))

The other 5 map comes tomorrow. Only 3 of them are new since we have already seen both Caspian Border and Grand Bazaar.

True sir, but I meant the descriptions for them on the blog too. Today's selection was like a Mills & Boon novel, ohh!

Back
Top Bottom