Battlefield 3

Are you on the PS3 tobi?
If yes I'm having same problems, as a matter of fact the icons that show up are soooo buggy, sometimes I die and a pick up weapon appear way across the map, the defibrillator icon seems buggy too.
Its laggy buggy but I'm liking it, but without a good team this suck, PS3 players please team up with me :)

Yes I'm on PS3.

Everything is very buggy, joining friends doesn't work either.

about the defibrilator...when you revive, the player have the option to accept ot o decline reviving...=p

yes its buggy on console and grpahic look like bfbc2. Im buying the game on PC as it seem I will have a better gameplay experience and better communication =p

This Demos is not as I expected. Graphics are poor. They remind me of Bad Company's graphics. I was not impressed at all. I will cancel my preorder and go with Call of Duty.

Its crazy that they've released this. SO many people would have been sitting on the fence over whether to get BF or CoD and this won't have done anything other than turn people to CoD.

Such a bad move on EAs part releasing such a terrible beta.

I absolutely HATE this origin shit that EA has been trying to stuff down my throat. None of their 'Origin Service' games work for me. I couldn't play the Alpha and now I cant play the demo. What a total shitfest.

Its crazy that they've released this. SO many people would have been sitting on the fence over whether to get BF or CoD and this won't have done anything other than turn people to CoD.

Such a bad move on EAs part releasing such a terrible beta.
They should have released caspian border level.

they release CB 3 days (from 27.09-30.09) and put password...
on BF forum ppl put password and i play map with 64 other players and it was ... AWESOME :WORSHIP::WORSHIP:
if you are real PC player you gonna wait for BF3... only game in last few year where they made great game for PC and suck one for consoles. ;)
YouTube - PC Battlefield 3 Caspian Border Testing - Full Game 01

mate i know about that. i mean release it to these console fans. i alreayd know how awsome this game will be on my pc.

its a day 1 purchase. no ifs or buts. i personally only tried the metro map and it was shit. just like COD. i am waiting for proper conquest mode goddest.

i knew from DAY 1 consoles wouldnt be gettinga fully fledge BF3 game. Consoles simply cant hack it IMO. Look, no Arma 2 on consoles for example.

fucking console ports dumbing down games.

Most Mutliplatform games nowadays are scaled down to the low end machine so it can be run across all platforms fine.

Point is, consoles are old tech, they have its limits, while pc's are more up to date.

Check out a game called Arma 2. That came could not be run on a console

consoles are limited in gameplay

Point is, to get the very best out of a system, the game should be made for that system only. When you make a game and want it to run on any console, you suffer a bit.

i wonder how it will look on consoles. no sign or word on the console version lol.

i think console version will have low textures,

I have excellent gaming pc. i think if you really want to experience whatever game in its best form, you should invest in not only all the consoles but a gaming pc too

pc has far more plus points then a 360 and ps3.

Dont forget that a pc can do FAR more then what a console can do.

A pc can even make you money mate unlike a console,

So even though a xbox 360 has 3 cores. in terms of raw performance and power, it cant even beat an old dual core2 intel cpu.

Serious Rad if u want to be blown awany by an fps game, invest in a pc gaming rig

invest in a gaming pc

This is why i love pc gaming :). finally a proper PC game not dumbed down on the pc version just so its on par with the console version.

i mean release it to these console fans. i alreayd know how awsome this game will be on my pc.

Consoles simply cant hack it IMO. Look, no Arma 2 on consoles for example.

Do you own a PC by any chance?

mate i know about that. i mean release it to these console fans. i alreayd know how awsome this game will be on my pc.

its a day 1 purchase. no ifs or buts. i personally only tried the metro map and it was shit. just like COD. i am waiting for proper conquest mode goddest.

i knew from DAY 1 consoles wouldnt be gettinga fully fledge BF3 game. Consoles simply cant hack it IMO. Look, no Arma 2 on consoles for example.

Sorry mate but that's load of crap. It's the exact same game but with scaled down visuals and the console version has less players. You seem to think that the core gameplay is somehow different. It's not. It's identical.

But if you want to keep on about it, I'll be enjoying the console version while presumably the PC version will get hacked to shit before you know it. Enjoy playing people using aimbots etc. That'll be great.

Sorry mate but that's load of crap. It's the exact same game but with scaled down visuals and the console version has less players. You seem to think that the core gameplay is somehow different. It's not. It's identical.

But if you want to keep on about it, I'll be enjoying the console version while presumably the PC version will get hacked to shit before you know it. Enjoy playing people using aimbots etc. That'll be great.

O so COD never got hacked to shit on the ps3. yea ok console games dont have hacks too ;)

Yup enjoy the inferior version of BF3 with water down/gimped out graphics and less player count ;)

In the meantime re-watch this again and imagine that the console version you play will look like that YouTube - PC Battlefield 3 Caspian Border Testing - Full Game 01

Last edited:
O so COD never got hacked to shit on the ps3. yea ok console games dont have hacks too ;)

Yup enjoy the inferior version of BF3 with water down/gimped out graphics and less player count ;)

In the meantime re-watch this again and imagine that the console version you play will look like that YouTube - PC Battlefield 3 Caspian Border Testing - Full Game 01

STFU you boring twat! FFS JM, not everyone has or can be bothered to have a PC for a gaming rig. Enjoy what you have but bore off with the trolling. Don't you realise how annoying you can be?

I tell you what, try leaving your house and getting a life instead of boring everyone on every single thread that PC's are better. Nobody gives a fuck!

You are like Twiki FFS - Nice one buck. eedle eedle ee.

In the meantime re-watch this again and imagine that the console version you play will look like that

Yes, the PC version looks amazing. It also costs between £500-£1000 to get the game looking it's best. Totally fair play if you want that, it's your money, but I'd rather use the money on other stuff personally.

I'm more than comfortable with how the console version looks, and you failed to mention how the core gameplay is IDENTICAL on all formats. So, yeah, I am right that the only advantage you have is in terms of graphics. Big deal. Oh, and more players? Personally I could do without the extra players, MP games aren't as good with that number of players speaking from experience.

And yes, COD got hacked, but BC2 on consoles didn't. BC2 on PC did. It'll happen again on PC for BF3 too. Again, absolutely no problem, BF3 on PC is the best version to have if you have the right tech to run it, so fair play to all who will have it. Just don't keep bleating on at people who play console versions of how it's somehow 'bringing down' gaming as a whole. Because that's bollocks.

Sigh, that's the end of the discussion, a million arguments won't stop you from telling us all how wonderful PC gaming is, over and over and over and over and over and over and.............

Agree with a lot of what those guys say, but not on the first part of their discussion. So just because the beta is free, means we have no right to state our opinion if there are parts of a game we don't like? Most people in this thread are Battlefield fans, or at least fans of Battlefield Bad Company (yes, it isn't Battlefield I know!), so any complaints people might have are due to disappointments of changes made to their favourite franchise of which they usually spend their money. Fans of anything state opinions if things change.

It's like saying that Star Wars fans have no right to complain about the awful changes Lucas made to the Bluray release because the clip on the internet they saw it on was for free.

Yes, the PC version looks amazing. It also costs between £500-£1000 to get the game looking it's best. Totally fair play if you want that, it's your money, but I'd rather use the money on other stuff personally.

I'm more than comfortable with how the console version looks, and you failed to mention how the core gameplay is IDENTICAL on all formats. So, yeah, I am right that the only advantage you have is in terms of graphics. Big deal. Oh, and more players? Personally I could do without the extra players, MP games aren't as good with that number of players speaking from experience.

And yes, COD got hacked, but BC2 on consoles didn't. BC2 on PC did. It'll happen again on PC for BF3 too. Again, absolutely no problem, BF3 on PC is the best version to have if you have the right tech to run it, so fair play to all who will have it. Just don't keep bleating on at people who play console versions of how it's somehow 'bringing down' gaming as a whole. Because that's bollocks.

Sigh, that's the end of the discussion, a million arguments won't stop you from telling us all how wonderful PC gaming is, over and over and over and over and over and over and.............

Have you not see the caspian border map and how huge that is? it would be pretty crap having just 24 players max in the large map on the console. the batle itself would feel empty imo.

Also i dont keep bleating on console gamers. That is not my intentions. Yes not everyone can afford a pc or want to play on pc, all i have said during this thread is that how the best version to play BF3 is the pc.

Many console people here slag off pc gamers more then the other way round. Saying how every single game on pc can be hacked(as if u your forced to play on hacked servers) and how you got to spend £500-£1000 every month to keep up with tech etc So its swings and roundabouts.

i build my pc nearly 3 years, yea thats righ 3 years ago and have hardly touched and upgraded parts for it yet it can play this beta on highest settings. that cost me £1000 admitetdly but that was 3 years ago.

One thing consoles have helped for pc users is that because 9/10 games are console ports, 3 year old pc's like mine can still play the latest games.

The downside of console ports IMO is that some games are dumbed down. i.e easier to play and complete(regen health, unlimited ammo, glowing shit in the game that tells u where to go and what to find and pick up in games), shortter SP campaigns etc etc. This is because the main target audience is console fans.

Look at FIFA and PES. plenty and i mean plenty of people bitching about easy ping pong passing, legacy mode defending and so on. Many here want a proper hardcore footy sim yet there is none. why? because console fans (usuually young pick up and play users) want easy pick up and play footy games.

To think that consoles are not dumbing down certain games is delusional IMO. I bet you are one of those who wished FIFA/PES diddnt have any assisted bullshit settings in it at all and make it purely semi/manual control of passing and shooting but because the target audience is not us but pick up and play guys, you will never see a proper hardcore footy game.

Fact is, some games are getting shorter SP campaigns and more easy controls/gameplay mechanics that make it easier for the average console gamer to just pick up a pad and start shooting people or banging in goals left right and centre without learning HOW to master shooting well and/or learning how to shoot accurately(Arma 2 type games).

Back
Top Bottom