Battlefield 3

Not sure of the names but the Train station map is my favourite so far.

For what its worth the graphics in this beta aren't better than BC2, glad to see that War Tapes is back.

I'm really warming to the game, there are certain parts of it that are still odd (like why can't you cook grenades anymore?).

For what it's worth, I disagree about the graphics. They're not massively better than BC2 but are definitely an improvement. When outside, I've noticed the lighting 'moves' to make it seem like clouds are passing overhead. Looks very lovely indeed.

I'm not sure if it's another glitch in the 360 demo but what gun I am allowed to choose seems random. One gun seems to be available one game, then it's not there the next. Really strange.

I'm not seeing any evidence that deployment area campers will be punished.

I've experienced random white flashing on the 360 beta, on the PS3 one I just stopped playing, there were like bullet traces randomly.

Also I have not noticed not being able to select a gun or it being random haha, but I have had some times not being able to shoot or look down my sights, until I changed gun and back... was thinking it was my controller at first. Just downloaded the PC one so will compare.

The graphics are good I think, in the subway if a rocket goes past the lighting of it is really nice. But they did say their dynamic lighting from gun shots will be in the consoles, so maybe the beta is toned down. Maybe someone with a high end PC can do a comparison. As mines not the best haha.

But don't forget the map is made linear as the game type rush forces you and constrains you into each area. you can play the same level on conquest (not sure if that was the name) or death match and bet it opens up a lot more as the whole map is probably used all at once, which would be cool.

this is true rush is meant to be linear gameplay and is not a traditional bf mode.

So I would only jusge the bf aspect off the game on conquest

I have mixed feelings about it too.
And I think this is unplayable in random lobbys with people you don't know,
cause its a nightmare if your team doesn't have a strategy.

Also how come I only went past the station once? Does the game have to be tied or something?
Every other game is ending at the second objective, the first station one. And outside with the buildings was way better than those tunnels or those bushes.

The pc beta videos I've watched put the console beta map to shame. It's like night and day difference. Huge map, loads of vehicles and destruction. That's what Battlefield was all about.

The underground section of the console beta map feels more like a COD map than a true Battlefield or even Bad Company map.

The pc beta videos I've watched put the console beta map to shame. It's like night and day difference. Huge map, loads of vehicles and destruction. That's what Battlefield was all about.

The underground section of the console beta map feels more like a COD map than a true Battlefield or even Bad Company map.

Exactly what I thought, the underground part of the map feels almost like COD, people sprinting round tight corridoors spraying bullets everywhere. It's not as bad though, using a strategy with some mates still wins which is good.

Can't wait to try the maps when the full version is out, now they look like proper Battlefield. It's just odd they chose this on for the beta, and Rush mode too.

Hopefully all the buggy glitches will be ironed out. For me the 360 version has odd screen flickering almost constantly, sparks from a certain distance are actually thick square pixels, and the sound keeps either cutting out altogether, playing loud white noise all of a sudden, and that damn bird is playing on a loop like a placeholder sound. Other funny stuff I've noticed are bodies and discarded weapons on the ground suddenly sliding across the floor like a magnet's pulling them in, a tree randomly lying horizontal across stone walls, and I shot some guy running across the open, only to see his body fly at about 100mph across the entire map like he was Neo in the Matrix. Looked hilarious!

I think we've got a pretty old version of the game, at least that's what I hope.

Last edited:
Yeah I need to upgrade the PC if I was to play this game on high settings, my computer can barely play it haha.

I have a AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor 2.90GHz with Windows 7 64-bit, 4GB Ram and a ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card. Thinking to get this to work better I am going to be needing more RAM maybe and definitely a better graphics card.

Any advice what I should be upgrading too, and how much the parts are?

But anyway back specifically to the game, my mate downloaded it and I managed to get online with one on the PS3 so I was back to level 1 haha. Started of shocking but got into it, was enjoyable, managed to get to the last MCOM stations two games in a row. I managed to get a good streak on a go in one game, on the last stations, I was up on the wall covering the 2nd station near the coach, getting a couple of kills... I see a guy poke up, shoot a rocket missed which me by miles yet I died, I saw debris fall in front of the fallen character, so I am assuming the rocket hit the building which exploded and the wall killed me haha. But I am starting to like the subway, as there were more routes in and around than I originally thought, and with team work it gets good.

i dont understadn that im playing on 1080p

with

5770 hd 1gb
3gb ram
2.13ghz dual core cpu oc'd 2.8ghz

it was more than playable

This is why i love pc gaming :). finally a proper PC game not dumbed down on the pc version just so its on par with the console version.

about bloody time

Yeah I need to upgrade the PC if I was to play this game on high settings, my computer can barely play it haha.

I have a AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor 2.90GHz with Windows 7 64-bit, 4GB Ram and a ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card. Thinking to get this to work better I am going to be needing more RAM maybe and definitely a better graphics card.

Any advice what I should be upgrading too, and how much the parts are?

But anyway back specifically to the game, my mate downloaded it and I managed to get online with one on the PS3 so I was back to level 1 haha. Started of shocking but got into it, was enjoyable, managed to get to the last MCOM stations two games in a row. I managed to get a good streak on a go in one game, on the last stations, I was up on the wall covering the 2nd station near the coach, getting a couple of kills... I see a guy poke up, shoot a rocket missed which me by miles yet I died, I saw debris fall in front of the fallen character, so I am assuming the rocket hit the building which exploded and the wall killed me haha. But I am starting to like the subway, as there were more routes in and around than I originally thought, and with team work it gets good.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-210-OK&groupid=43&catid=2040&subcat=

Put the ATI Radeon £75 graphics card upgrade on that.

Win.

I shall be on this (PS3) pretty much non stop once released - just like last year with BF:BC2.

Give us a shout if you fancy teaming up.

Last edited:
Battlefield wasn't out last year. :) I don't think it really feels like the original battlefield at all, It's more bad company like.

I agree. I do think once we get the final version with all the vehicles etc we'll be back to the Battlefield days.

metro map and rush mode is pants. switched it off after 5mins of playing it. sorry but id ont want to playa fucking COD game. wheres BF!!!

What's the deal with the defribulator (?).

Sometimes it works, others times nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom